The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can solo vet dungeon get achievement ?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
Would like to get no death achievement for me, but its too hard. Eg Vaults of Madness .... boss 1 will ruin most of the run as people only know rush rush dps and kill the team mate becaus of drain life...
No one can control others behavior and mind
So can ppl get achievement by soloing vet dungeon ?
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand, why don't you find people to do this ? Friends, guildmates.. ? Or even players with the same objective and same level than you ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »
    Would like to get no death achievement for me, but its too hard. Eg Vaults of Madness .... boss 1 will ruin most of the run as people only know rush rush dps and kill the team mate becaus of drain life...

Yeah, you can. In fact, I actually got my no death achievement for Vaults by soloing it because I got frustrated at players attacking during that first boss. Did no death on a few dungeons this way.

But, you will need a long lasting heal over time and a long lasting AOE for the harvester boss. She will just heal to full and kill you if you don't during her pin mechanic. Need the heal to stay alive and the lasting AOE to kill some of the orbs that heal her.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    chongguang wrote: »

Yeah, you can. In fact, I actually got my no death achievement for Vaults by soloing it because I got frustrated at players attacking during that first boss. Did no death on a few dungeons this way.

But, you will need a long lasting heal over time and a long lasting AOE for the harvester boss. She will just heal to full and kill you if you don't during her pin mechanic. Need the heal to stay alive and the lasting AOE to kill some of the orbs that heal her.

We have the same reason to do this ,I also killed multi times by team mates...
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can definitely get achievements even while solo doing a vet dungeon (i sometimes work on slayer achievements this way if the mobs spawn before the first boss for time saving)

no death in vault of madness is only hard because of the first boss, i did it with a group of 3 and we were really trying to not die, but a single lingering dot when the boss started the channel was still enough to kill someone usually, i think it took us 4-6 tries before we got past that first boss, the rest of the dungeon was a breeze though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no death in vault of madness is only hard because of the first boss

Not because of the fall damage? B)

Damage in every patch gets higher and higher, eventho zos is trying the opposite.
    So usually dds should have enough of damage to burst the ghost, before he does his mech.

Besides that: if you have the beam on you, you can just roll dodge all the incoming damage.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    I don't understand, why don't you find people to do this ? Friends, guildmates.. ? Or even players with the same objective and same level than you ?

I agree. I have always enjoyed running content with people I have gotten to know much better than the random group of strangers any group finder in any game can provide. It also makes it much easier and better to run the content the way you want to.

Case in point, with the above fight we do not die because we know how to approach it. If we have a random in the group the chances of someone dying go up significantly because it seems most randoms do not understand mechanics very well.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no death in vault of madness is only hard because of the first boss

Not because of the fall damage? B)

Damage in every patch gets higher and higher, eventho zos is trying the opposite.
    So usually dds should have enough of damage to burst the ghost, before he does his mech.

Besides that: if you have the beam on you, you can just roll dodge all the incoming damage.

ive seen more issues with the fall dmg in red petal bastion, especially the one part where you turn the corner and there is a giant hole in the floor and you have to pass on one of the sides lol, seen many a person walk directly into the hole lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014