The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Extended maintenance

Khenarthi
Khenarthi
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I missing any announcements? I looked around but could not find anything.

Maintenance got extended by 3 hours, usually ZOS would add something to the banner?

EU server is going to be a mess when it does come back up - if the prediction holds, it's going to be at 21.00 CET.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 12, 2022 4:42PM
PC-EU
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you're not missing any announcement, They are just once again failing to communicate past an "extended" tag.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    all the forum lag too! Must be getting a new hamster wheel for the servers.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The banner looks updated to me. It was scheduled to end at 12:00 noon EDT but banner was updated to 3:00pm EDT shortly after noon.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    What's EDT and UTC?
    Only BST should exist. lol ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The banner looks updated to me. It was scheduled to end at 12:00 noon EDT but banner was updated to 3:00pm EDT shortly after noon.

Yep, the banner was updated a little after noon.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's that 'improved communication' we keep asking for......or not.
  • 6xTx
    6xTx
    Soul Shriven
    I'm so sorry for this everyone but I must ask a question:

I'm a long-time gamer but I didn't play any MMORPG except ESO* so I don't know any other MMORPG's maintenance schedules or maintenance time frames. Well, Here's my question:

Is this normal? I mean, there's too much maintenance going on in ESO especially in the last months. Honestly, the total downtime is unacceptable for me since Bethesda and Zenimax Online is not a small - indie companies.

Today's maintenance and it's extension which is currently going on is really testing my patience. Really.

Thanks for advance for the replies.

* I play ESO because I still remember the day that Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind released. I'm a huge fan of the ES lore.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crickets
    PC EU
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be missing the last daily reward because of this.
  • Valion
    Valion
    ✭✭✭
    6xTx wrote: »
    Today's maintenance and it's extension which is currently going on is really testing my patience. Really.

Yes. It is common. Extended durations are seldom these days, but the maintenance part is a thing you might want to get used to.
    Then again, ESO is a game that is so vast, and it has such a great community, so that you can always watch out for new hints, calculate new gear and skill sets, read up on the lore, or listen to others explaining it on youtube... There are endless, yet pleasant ways to still "do" something ESOish and prevent from boredom.

But these parts and perspectives need to be adapted to, I guess.
    I, for one, answer your humble question in the meantime. ;)
    Edited by Valion on May 24, 2022 5:41PM
    "What does not redound to the swarm's advantage, that does not serve the single bee either."
    - Marc Aurel

"We ask not how many, but where they are."
    - Dunmeri Valiant Vow
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a long-time gamer but I didn't play any MMORPG except ESO* so I don't know any other MMORPG's maintenance schedules or maintenance time frames. Well, Here's my question:

Is this normal? I mean, there's too much maintenance going on in ESO especially in the last months. Honestly, the total downtime is unacceptable for me since Bethesda and Zenimax Online is not a small - indie companies.

* I play ESO because I still remember the day that Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind released. I'm a huge fan of the ES lore.

We've had extended maintenance, followed by a server crash, followed by extended maintenance in the past. This is nothing, really.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Extended maintenances are normal for ESO. Hamster gets crushed between wheel and cage and someone needs to pry it out and replace with a healthy one.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Extended maintenances are normal for ESO. Hamster gets crushed between wheel and cage and someone needs to pry it out and replace with a healthy one.

more like they pry it out and tell it to get back to work, lol.
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭

Awsome

more like they pry it out and tell it to get back to work, lol.

Awsome!
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭

I can't really answer your question and I expect it's all down to how the game was designed in the beginning.

I also don't play too many MMORPG's, but one that I do play isn't even down when they are doing maintenance, you can play the game as normal, you just have to logoff and then logon again once they've finish.

What the answer is I don't know, but as you can see there can be a massive difference between games.
    Edited by JR_Returns on May 24, 2022 5:54PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have nightmares from wrestling with tempermental mods and load orders in Oblivion and Skyrim. My Oblivion was so cobbled together that (after 4k hours of play) when my computer broke, I just didn't have the will to start over. So I moved to Skyrim. Ended up in exactly the same spot a couple years later after another 4k hours of Skyplay. So I moved to ESO. Now, when something goes wrong with the game, instead of alternating between beating my head against the wall and pulling my hair out, I employ my ESO troubleshooting procedure: Go have a cup of coffee and be glad that it is someone else's job to fix the game.

That said, ZoS probably really shouldn't leave us all alone and unattended on the forum while the game is down without any supervision or hand holding regarding the delay that is turning this evolution into quite a long one. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭

This is fairly common with older MMO's, especially before the ramp up of a big chunk of content like we will see in High Isle. I'm a vet from Star Wars Galaxy, WoW, and SWTOR- and all have had similar sorta long down times between releases.

I would say the lack of communication is uncommon, but that'd be a lie. Most just don't know the full scope or information, and just get the I.T&S version of 'estimated times' and hope for the best. Community Leads are doing their best, and have changed to a more hands off unless necessary feel, probs for mental health and the flames that the forums can get. Thats a theory however.

Stay strong, watch some Lore vids and stay hydrated friend!
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play stfc and theres maintenance once every two weeks and occasional patches. Always compare it to eso in the amount of bugs and glitches. The only good thing is they talk, a lot. Have an official active discord and actually listen and apologise. Really do dispear at the lack of simple communication. How hard to post sorry its taking longer, we have no clue etc ... Honesty may be brutal but its appreciated
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One or more of the below possibilities:

A. Need parts for the new game servers, that cannot be found due to supply chain issues.

B. Not able to find the hamster that escaped when they opened the server.

C. Game servers are all done and working, but the ESO Store and Account System are still not communicating with the game servers.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    Theyre aming for a new record
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    The on and off switch gets stuck from time to time so they usually leave it another 4 hours before they try it again
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is nothing compared to the mess that will come with the next Update if they don't fix the problem which arises when quitting the game, as seen on the PTS and with - as yet - no proper fix.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one person that knows the precise spot where the server needs to be banged hard to get it going again and they took this week off from work. They'll bang the right spot eventually but they need more time to find it.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These maintanence windows are oddly long for a once a week thing.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    This is nothing compared to the mess that will come with the next Update if they don't fix the problem which arises when quitting the game, as seen on the PTS and with - as yet - no proper fix.

That was fixed with the last PTS patch (at least for me).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No doubt it will get extended even further.
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »

I hope not. I have no other life.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one time I decide to log on about an hour earlier than usual.
    PCNA
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    The staff probably all went home forgetting to press the on button. So now they have to drive back. Really wouldn't surprise me. Expected each other to do it lol
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    BazOfWar wrote: »

I hope not. I have no other life.

I had a life.
    But Gamigo shut the servers down on that game.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
This discussion has been closed.