The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whats goign on with log in?

perogwin_ESO
perogwin_ESO
✭✭✭
I was on fine last night, went to log in and it updated the Launcher, then said I needed to repair, it has run repair 4 times now and it still says I need to run it again, what is going on?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 30, 2022 11:13PM
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have just run repair for 5th time still says i need to run it again. Trying to submit a ticket and the ticket system dosent seem to be working.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often when that message comes up, you can just keep closing the launcher and reopening it again until it stops giving you the message. A lot of times you don't actually need to reinstall the game; reinstalling should generally be the last thing you do if all else fails. There should be a link in the message popup window that takes you to a support page that has a few different suggestions that you can try.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Going to wait to see if tomorrows patch fixes it. If it dosent i might need to do a full reinstall instead of just the repair, am not looking forward to it. What annoys me the most is 12 hours earlier it worked fine.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no patch, just maintenance.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to wait to see if tomorrows patch fixes it. If it dosent i might need to do a full reinstall instead of just the repair, am not looking forward to it. What annoys me the most is 12 hours earlier it worked fine.

You don't need to reinstall or repair, either close and open the launcher until the Play button appears or else use the .exe file to run the game. The launcher is only needed on patch days.

This has been an intermittent but regular problem for years and has recently returned for some players after a long absence.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @perogwin_ESO

Are you still having issues with logging in or starting a support ticket?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @perogwin_ESO

Are you still having issues with logging in or starting a support ticket?

I ended up having to reinstall the whole game, nothing else worked.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @perogwin_ESO

Thank you for the update.

Did a full reinstall allow you to login successfully afterwards?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post