Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Razer Synapse- OK to use with ESO?

ArchangelIsraphel
ArchangelIsraphel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just received a Razer Kraken headset as a gift, but in order to control the color scheme of the LEDS, I need to use Razer Synapse 3. Now, I know Razer synapse has other capabilities for keyboards and mice (I don't have either of these) so I'm wondering if the program will conflict with eso? I tried searching the forum and reddit without much luck. As those posts are ages old, I'd rather be sure I can use this software in tandem with eso rather than risk my account. Thanks to any who can help!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 30, 2022 11:07PM
Legends never die
They're written down in eternity
But you'll never see the price it costs
The scars collected all their lives
When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
Legends never die
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not against TOS to use third party software to customize your devices. It’s against TOS to use third party software to partially or fully automate actions in the game OUTSIDE OF THE AVAILABLE API.

Edited to include API.
    Edited by Malkiv on May 23, 2022 4:53PM
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    It’s not against TOS to use third party software to customize your devices. It’s against TOS to use third party software to partially or fully automate actions in the game.

Ahhh OK thanks- I was worried because I know synapse can be used for macros and wasn't sure if it's presence would flag me falsely. I have no plans to do anything but customize my device colors, so I take it I should be good. I read somewhere that eso even has some kind of plug-in to light the device in your alliance colors.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have Razer Synapse since I use a Naga Pro mouse. No conflicts that I've noticed.

Edit: Ah, I see you're concerned about it's capability to do macros. Macros are actually a separate module that has to be added in separately from a module installer inside Synapse. Even if you do add that module though it doesn't actually cause any problems, it's just against the TOS to use with ESO. I have it installed for other games where macros are allowed and haven't had any issues since I don't use it with ESO.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on May 23, 2022 5:00PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new Razer Synapse caused all sorts of sound problems with my computer, so I am stuck with the old version and sadly cannot customize any of that stuff.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchangelIsraphel I've used synapse since 2014's Beta/launch and haven't had any issues with ESO.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ArchangelIsraphel

Since the Razer Synapse program is required to run for Razer devices, you shouldn't run into any conflicts with ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post