The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grahtwood, "The Blacksap's Hold" quest - how to start it?

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder what are the exact starting conditions here, because Forinor is not appearing in *either* Cormount *or* Elden Root and I can't seem to find a way to start this quest?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2022 8:57PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He appeared in Cormount, as seen in the screenshot below.

SSJ7SQI.jpg
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did that quest last week.... it is bugged, as the questgiver spawns on the other bridge than the one you walk over. I was lucky to spot it, as I had done the quest often before.

The sky is also bugged on this quest, as there is no way to tell which sky is actually in play. So I always just guess.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to depend on your progress through the zone's quest. My characters who have done the zone quests see him, but the others don't. Unfortunately, they have either done them all, or not started, so I can't tell you how far through it he'll appear.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for me he appeared only after I'd completed *all three* of the fetch quests you need to do for Ayrenn's appearance at the Orrery. (Rajhin's Mantle, the Heart of Anumaril, and Daraneth the Conservator.

On another character, he just appeared and I'd done none of them at all.

Conclusion: For some reason, the overarching quest "Fit To Rule" - the one which requires you complete the other three fetch quests - may be what prevents Forinor appearing?