The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dodge mod?

Starbridge84
Starbridge84
✭✭✭
Is there some kind of mod that auto dodges or tell you when to dodge or something because I am seeing a lot of this kind of 'always' dodging attacks in AvA.
Honestly I think ALL mods/add-ons should be disabled in PvP and AvA.

Using a mod that tells you when to dodge isn't skill.
If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
/script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is only useful in a big zerg fight I guess when you can not look at every opponents animations. Otherwise it give you at most a slight advantage, I think. They still have to react it do not dodge or block for them?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    If there is such a mod like this I encourage you to report players directly to ZOS as it is considered as exploit and cheats.

And if you find any mod on internet put the link into you report ticket for having Quick action from @ZOS_GinaBruno.
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Gorrdained
    there was one that told you when to dodge depending on what attacks you wanted to dodge. like snipe, why even if you snip from stealth most would dodge it if they were in combat. the add on told them to dodge roll. not sure if it is still running. I have recently come back to ESO but 2 years ago there was such a add on. some pvpers caught exploiting and cheating used it, then it got popular after a few banns of them using it with cheat engine.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want to learn how to play the game?

Then learn when to dodge and why.

I despise mods that tell people exactly what to do. You might as well turn your brain off and do what someone tells you to do.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    Do you want to learn how to play the game?

Then learn when to dodge and why.

I despise mods that tell people exactly what to do. You might as well turn your brain off and do what someone tells you to do.

Agreed, which is why I think add-ons should be disabled for PvP and AvA.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there some kind of mod that auto dodges or tell you when to dodge or something because I am seeing a lot of this kind of 'always' dodging attacks in AvA.
    Honestly I think ALL mods/add-ons should be disabled in PvP and AvA.

Using a mod that tells you when to dodge isn't skill.

I agree there should not be a game that controls our characters in PvP or even tells us when to dodge to avoid a player skill, but I disagree that means every addon should be disabled. After all, Zenimax controls what information is available to the addons, hence controls what addons can do.

As another suggested, report players suspected of using such a mod and let Zenimax sort this out.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    there was one that told you when to dodge depending on what attacks you wanted to dodge. like snipe, why even if you snip from stealth most would dodge it if they were in combat. the add on told them to dodge roll. not sure if it is still running. I have recently come back to ESO but 2 years ago there was such a add on. some pvpers caught exploiting and cheating used it, then it got popular after a few banns of them using it with cheat engine.

This is an online game with PvP in it. As long as PvP games exist (even outside of video games), certain people will always do what they can to get the upper hand by exploiting or cheating. The cheater scene (and to some degree, even the modding scene) put a lot of effort into always finding the holes. This will always be a problem and devs rarely keep track on everything that is available to people. You will never have a waterproof anticheat in any online game and you will always have those filthy few using and abusing what they can get their hands on. So many updates even made age old security holes reappear, hence why even old addons start working again which are considered outdated and cheating/exploiting. Some of them make a return with only the trained eye being able to recognize whats happening. Most people don't even think about someone using anything outside the game itself because the lag and performance can reliably hide whats going, without anyone questioning.

Some people may not remember anymore, but the very first emp ever was a guy abusing ingame mechanics and macros to get the most out of the old literally unkillable godmode perma invisible and selfheal batswarm ult spam sorc. He made it public how he achieved his goal and people could read about it on literally every gaming information site there was. This game has a history of being abusable to no end since day 1 and with the usual return of old and new bugs and security holes alike it will not change anytime soon. To be fair though, I don't know of any more or less competitive PvP game that is 100% cheat free.

Anyways I agree with forbidding addons as a whole. It won't solve this problem, but it would definitely help a lot.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that lag creates "free" dodges when it loses some of the data and cannot be bothered to look for it, it just chalks the failed attack up as a Dodge. I never really understood how bad this was until recently. During high lag, an enemy turtle / troll tank was outside sejanus, trying to bait/farm. He stood there in Meditate and 7-8 of my skills landed as DODGED! while he maintained the meditation - not moving or anything, let alone rolling.

So there's another reason why it may sometimes look like some players are telepathically hitting perfect dodge rolls - because the game is doing it for them.
  • Mannjdyr
    Mannjdyr
    ✭✭✭
    Hescrow wrote: »
    If there is such a mod like this I encourage you to report players directly to ZOS as it is considered as exploit and cheats.

And if you find any mod on internet put the link into you report ticket for having Quick action from @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Ok -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlertsBattlegroundsEdition.html

i report players use it.
  • Gorrdained
    @Mannjdyr

That is why I dont use any Libb add-ons.
    Most of the libb are used for background addons for stuff like that.

Modders do make private add-ons that only they and a certain few use. Dev's covered that up years ago. A few Streamers blew the whistle on it and it was covered up. Most of the private add ons use libb due to everyone has it for maps or skyshards. like the cyro timer. how do you have a addon that tells you what keep is attacked before it is flagged and how many siege is attacking it. Lib.
    Add-ons are just a more silent way of cheat and exploit, pending on the add on. like the stealth detection one that Zos banned about one year ago, it told you when stealth was in your area.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some years ago I posted with the title "Dodge dodge dodge...but no dodge roll". You cna search for it on the forums.You see people dodging everything but there is no dodge roll visually seen. It isn't totally explained, sometimes lag, also there is a set that causes all the damage to miss (but it shouldnt give a "dodge" message.

One other thing: if someone dodges and 3 or 4 people were firing at him, you might see 3-4 dodge messages (unless the game is configured to only show these messages when it refers to your damage). Or, if you put sevral dots on them, and they dodge roll, maybe the dodge several at once? I am not sure about that.

Then also as others have posted, there are some strange things going on, and you have to be concerned there are new cheats and exploits
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Mannjdyr
    Mannjdyr
    ✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    @Mannjdyr

That is why I dont use any Libb add-ons.
    Most of the libb are used for background addons for stuff like that.

Modders do make private add-ons that only they and a certain few use. Dev's covered that up years ago. A few Streamers blew the whistle on it and it was covered up. Most of the private add ons use libb due to everyone has it for maps or skyshards. like the cyro timer. how do you have a addon that tells you what keep is attacked before it is flagged and how many siege is attacking it. Lib.
    Add-ons are just a more silent way of cheat and exploit, pending on the add on. like the stealth detection one that Zos banned about one year ago, it told you when stealth was in your area.

Thanks : Solution -> Disable all addon in pvp nocp. ZoS go work !
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp without any addons whatsoever would kill pvp

i wouldnt want to have to re-enable my addons everytime i left a pvp zone, and many of the addons i use have nothing to do with pvp

the solution is banning/preventing use of the 1 bad apple addon instead of seeing 1 bad apple and then torching the orchard
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mannjdyr wrote: »
    Hescrow wrote: »

Ok -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlertsBattlegroundsEdition.html

i report players use it.

Which ZOS promptly chucks in the bin because that add-on only uses the information ZOS freely provides through the API.
    Don't like it? Tough. Players that use it aren't doing anything wrong. It's on ZOS to restrict what the API provides in PVP.