The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why not add activation links to housing usable objects?

Trundik
Trundik
✭✭✭
Hello. I have 3 furniture items which could be nice to connect between them in that manner: if i activate primary one, rest two bounded to parent object may activate automatically. I could make single composite machine from 3 usable parts (one with lever, second - interractable lamp with red crystal, third with engine sound (frog-caller). I think it isn't hard to code. Links between items already present in game. What you need to do - just share activation trigger to all connected objects from primary.

Could be nice addition to High Isle.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. For one it would be nice to be able to turn on or off all lighting. The only real issue is how to handle the UI.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Interesting idea. For one it would be nice to be able to turn on or off all lighting. The only real issue is how to handle the UI.

I think it could be made even without any change to UI.

User triggers activation
    >
    Check if activated item have attachments
    >
    If it does, check if attachments are interractable
    >
    If yes, send to them activation command.

If you don't wont this result, you can prevent it manually by deattaching such items. This is most simple realisation, but it is so huge even in this variant as first step on the Moon surface.