The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For reconstructing items with this new collections system, can just my crafter craft them?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm not familiar with this set collection system using transmute crystals. So my understanding is that the collected gear are account-wide meaning if my pre-50 character finds and collects some items they unlock for my account.

BUT, do I need to level crafting on every single character to research every single trait if I want all my characters to be able to craft that collected gear? Or can I just have my dedicated crafter toon make them and put them in the bank?

I just watched a YouTube video that says the character wishing to craft a collected item has to have the trait unlocked. That's going to take me MONTHS if not well over a YEAR to get every one of my toons leveled up in the crafting trees and all traits researched.

I'm hoping I misinterpreted that and he left out that you can use your dedicated crafter to craft them, so you don't have to research everything on every character, because wow wtf if every character needs everything researched.
Edited by Holycannoli on May 22, 2022 7:01PM
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no problem : your crafter craft the item. He put it in your bank. Then an other of your characters take it and... Voilà!
  • vincentxavier
    vincentxavier
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I have seen. When you reconstruct an Item, it is the level of the character reconstructing it, unless it has a minimum level. If your crafter is a champion level character, then they will be able to make items for your other champion characters, but not your below level 50 characters. As a side note. If the item has an alliance style, your crafter can only reconstruct it in their alliance's style. Same goes for Items that have a racial style.
    PS NA
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll check it out then. It at least makes the transmute crystals I was hoarding years ago worth something now lol.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its best to do the reconstruction on your crafter, because you select the trait for the item when you reconstruct, which is based on your characters trait knowledge, and it also gives you option to upgrade the item right away, which also takes into acct crafting passives

to answer your primary question: reconstructed gear is bound by default, so you can still store it in your bank and housing storage

also keep in mind, the cost to reconstruct is between 75 transmute and 25 transmute, and you get 25 transmute back when you deconstruct it (except mythics, you cannot decon mythics even if they were reconstructed)

the transmute cost scales based on your collection:
    • less collected = closer to 75
    • more collected = closer to 25
    • 100% collected = 25
    • 50% collected is right around 50 (same cost to just transmute an item)

so if you have less than half of an item set collected, it would be more cost efficient to farm some more of the set to get the cost less than that of a transmute
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014