The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to lower my fps below 30

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello! I would like to create an ultra high graphics preset for screenshots. But in advancedsettings or nvidia settings I can't lower max fps below 30. I would like to lower fps to 10 or maybe even 10 so as not to overheat the graphics card and experience performance problems. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 22, 2022 5:06PM
PC/EU
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if your concern is your graphics card overheating (as in, getting hot enough to the point it's at risk of suffering physical damage) then that's very unlikely to happen. in general modern PC hardware will have safety procedures (such as downclocking when temperature starts rising past a certain point) to prevent such damage.

as for your question though...sorry i wasn't more helpful eheh
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using driver number 512.15. In Nvidia control panel/manage 3D settings/global settings, I am able to select a max fps setting of 20Hz.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty easy to go below 30 FPS without any graphic changes. Just go to EU PvP.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Its pretty easy to go below 30 FPS without any graphic changes. Just go to EU PvP.
    H4r0jrZh.png
    Toast
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/UserSettings.txt and find line
    SET MinFrameTime.2

Change its value to 1/X (where X is your desired FPS, for example 10 fps would be 1/10 = 0.1). I tried to limit my FPS to 5 that way and it worked:

5fps.jpg

Fun fact, if you have multithreaded rendering enabled then the game ignores builtin FPS cap during loading screens (and when you're alt-tabbed to the desktop), that's why I have it capped in my nVidia control panel as well.
    Edited by perfiction on May 22, 2022 4:15PM
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    SET MinFrameTime.2

Change its value to 1/X (where X is your desired FPS, for example 10 fps would be 1/10 = 0.1). I tried to limit my FPS to 5 that way and it worked:

5fps.jpg

Fun fact, if you have multithreaded rendering enabled then the game ignores builtin FPS cap during loading screens (and when you're alt-tabbed to the desktop), that's why I have it capped in my nVidia control panel as well.

what value should be written for 5 frames? I wrote 0.2 and got an endless black screen when starting the game.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 22, 2022 4:37PM
    PC/EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    SET MinFrameTime.2

5fps.jpg

what value should be written for 5 frames? I wrote 0.2 and got an endless black screen when starting the game.

SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.2" does work but it takes about a minute for the screen to display anything. Probably related to the multithreaded setting that links framerate to menu rendering/load times.

Everything was fine once the login screen finally showed up though.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post