Netch Boss impossible to kill in DSC II

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
Doing this dungeons with a random group yesterday. All went fine till the Netch Boss, that continued to spam an insane amount of alts and never went down (that is it never can be damaged). We had to give up.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the alt swarms need to be killed as soon as possible. I believe it's 3 waves after which the Netch falls down to the ground and you have a short window in which you do damage to it. That is the only time you do damage to it though so wiping the waves of alts is the crucial part of the mechanics.

AoEs for the alts (for mag Meteor-Shooting Star is good to use here since it generates back 15 ulti for every enemy hit, also i.e. Impulse/Elemental Ring/Pulsar), and burst waves and ultis for the "boss on the ground" stage.

I've soloed nDSCII (keep close to the final Engine Guardian Boss and heal through the poison stage and, well burn it), it's doable. Good luck!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a REALLY hard boss for newer players. When the game first came out, and the dungeons were all pretty new to everyone, it was probably the hardest dungeon IMO. It confused a lot of players, and a lot of people had trouble against this boss in particular, as well as the final boss of the same dungeon on vet. It's one of the few bosses in the base game dungeons that you actively need to pay attention to the mechanics. Of course, now-a-days most players can 1-phase it by doing the mechanic, dropping it, then killing it before it gets back up in non-vet. In vet, it still takes a few phases.

You just need a good tank, a good healer, and at least one good DPS and you'll do fine. You can also solo it or duo it if you have good self heals and are good with mobbing.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a DPS CHECK, and can be a nightmare on vet. You have to kill all the babies before you can kill the big netch. The babies come in waves. If the dps can't kill the babies fast enough, you'll wipe.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Idinuse @MovesLikeJaguar @M0ntie

Thank you all, But let me specify that I'm no newbie (here since '16 and 7k+ hrs), and that I know well Dark Shade Cavern II.

I was doing that PUG only to get the random daily prize and never, ever I've seen that savage spawning in normal mode. Besides, I forgot to tell that the boss had hidden itself behind the rocks and was invisible. The group DPS was good if not remarkable (I was healing). We killed all the alts several times, to no avail, but no one died and we never got wiped. At last the others in the group agreed that something was going wrong, and we disbanded.

I want to try that dungeon again ASAP.
    Edited by fiender66 on May 22, 2022 5:29PM
  • Gorrdained
    The constant spawning of adds has been a known bug since game started. Some groups get the bug, some groups do not. It is a weird bug on that boss.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorrdained wrote: »
    The constant spawning of adds has been a known bug since game started. Some groups get the bug, some groups do not. It is a weird bug on that boss.

Thanks. I guess that this explains all.
    I've not gone so often into DSC2, say about ten times in years, and apparently I've been lucky indeed not to have met this issue till now :)