Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Furnishing Overload

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's quite simple really, over the years we have gained more and more furnshings in an ever-expanding list of goods without the furnshing cap being rasied in our homes nor the bag space being increased or even addational storage chests, as a result there is steadly less and less reason to invest into the furnshings due to the already limited nature of avaiable storage and the fact that orgnising it is a nightmare tier problem, meaning less people are inclined to buy/craft furnsihings

There's two solutions
1: add a furnishing bag to the game, it would work like the ESO+ craft bag, but for furnshings
2: allow players to deconstruct furnishings to get some furnishing materails and style mats back

I mean really, why isn't this a thing yet?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 22, 2022 11:21PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or add more storage crates
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing would probably be the way to go.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • vincentxavier
    vincentxavier
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to deconstruct furnishings. Yes, ZOS, please add that.
    PS NA
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Deconning is definitely something that should be added here.
    2. There should be some storage we can use that we can access from all characters that isn't the bank, as in, you can just f5 and place items that are in that storage. I love working on my house, but the fact that all my spare stuff is spread out between 3 houses and 6 alts, I don't work on my houses anymore because it's just a huge hassle trying to coordinate all that.

Honestly, if they added a housing supply bag to the subscription service at no extra charge, I guarantee you TONS of people that don't currently sub will jump onboard. But knowing ZoS, it'll probably be a 5k crown fee like housing supply banker or something that has its own storage limit that's really high or even unlimited. They'd justify it in the same way they justify the deconstruction npc we can buy that should ALSO just be part of the merchant. But hey, I'd buy it. I'd just hate myself for doing so.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add to a furnishing bag the function to furnish from character inventory only, this will allow the character to select items from the larger inventory then use the placement functions afterwards
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a furnishing bag rather than a deconning option.

There are so much very expensive furnitures that I'd rather collect until I have use for them than decon them for materials worth 1/1000 or less of their original costs. I might as well just throw them away.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A furnishing bag would be nice, but it would be atmospheric if we could get a private warehouse that you can then stroll through and look at your inventory of furniture directly. :)
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deconstructing furnishing would work perfectly with those voidstones that you find in all nooks and crannies in Coldharbour... Even 2-3 pieces of purple or gold mats would do.
    Edited by Drammanoth on May 22, 2022 11:36AM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • deleted220614-000183
    I like the idea but it has problems. For example Home Goods Furnishers are selling furniture for couple of golds
    and nearly the same furniture can be created with valuable mats.
    What would you do with such furniture eventually scammers buing cheap version
    and deconstructing for expensive mats by thousands ?

Example:

Expensive version
    Rough Crate, Reinforced
    Ingredients:
    3 Heartwood
    2 Nickel
    xho51ou1xgsr.png

Cheap version
    Rough Box, Slatted
    Cost: 100 Gold
    6f6yur4obche.png

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    A furnishing bag would be nice, but it would be atmospheric if we could get a private warehouse that you can then stroll through and look at your inventory of furniture directly. :)

This would be a cool idea, as long as we could pull items placed there from within another house, like we can from other storage areas (bank, chests, coffers).
    I'd actually be fine with using certain of my less-used houses for storage (as I currently do with the Psijic Villa, for example) IF we could access items placed in them while we are standing in any of our other houses.

I also like the Furnishing Bag idea.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on May 22, 2022 12:48PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
      Staff Post
    • TigerDRena
      TigerDRena
      ✭✭
      trpajzla wrote: »
      I like the idea but it has problems. For example Home Goods Furnishers are selling furniture for couple of golds
      and nearly the same furniture can be created with valuable mats.
      What would you do with such furniture eventually scammers buing cheap version
      and deconstructing for expensive mats by thousands ?

This wouldn't be too difficult to define. Let's say any furnishing you can purchase with Gold at Vendors, and perhaps specific furnishings that drop, like Branches, would get a tag in the code and could not be deconstructed. Any furnishing that can be crafted will get a grading, based on quality, and could get deconstructed.