The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck in combat bug

Feaky
Feaky
✭✭✭
Is it just me or does this seem to be happening a lot more now that performance has been improved? I literally have to visit cheesemonger every 20-30 min, probably more if it was not so irritating to do so. I find myself running between keeps unmounted more than ever these days and I see others doing the same.

I get it an awful lot regardless, but it seems 100% after fighting ball groups or small tower fights, so there might be a pattern or just a convenient coincidence.

I've raised tickets on this a few times, but never heard back.

Maybe if enough people chime in, ZOS will take a look at what is causing this and hopefully address.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    Maybe if enough people chime in, ZOS will take a look at what is causing this and hopefully address.
    200.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this may be the first time, my own post made me sad...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I think this problem will never go away as long as ZOS continues their liberal policy of allowing the use of 3rd party automation. I don't know for sure, but I suspect addons such as Miats and RDK are probably contributing to this problem. There are times I get the bug just by approaching a ball group.

But you're right, ZOS probably has the tools to investigate this further, and if those types of addons are the main cause of problems like stuck in combat bug, perhaps they will change their stance.

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS definitely needs to create something to force remove you from combat state after not casting/attacking/taking damage for X amount of time. I know I was stuck in combat for probably 5-10 min before getting back to the front gate, and was gonna port out to call it a day from PvP and you cannot port (you can keep to keep, but not wayshrine out) in combat. I sat there, in the back of the front gate by the wayshrine, not doing anything for almost ten minutes before I started dropping in and out of combat. Which at least allowed me to open the map and wait for a drop out to click the shrine and leave cyro.

There is no excuse for being stuck in combat that long, literally standing as far away from a fight as possible and not doing anything ability or damage wise for that long.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just allow you to mount in combat, but make the mounting animation stun you or something
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. stuck in combat bug is not breaking the game play.. It is a quality of life issue.. For QOL improvement, please visit ESO crown store... Beep..
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat bug is really bad lately. It's always present, but lately it's been much more persistent.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't see why we can't just be allowed to mount in combat. They have Stamina bars that'll cause you to be kicked off if you're attacked when it's empty and getting hit drains it more. Could make it so if you mount in combat you mount with half stamina left or something
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug lives from start of the game.

They ruined tones of good sets and parts of the game.

But it looks like this bug is with us forever )))
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on October 31, 2022 2:36PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug lives from start of the game.

They ruined tones of good sets and parts of the game.

But it looks like this bug is with us forever )))

The original in-combat bug was mainly rectified. A few years ago, Zenimax made a change to combat status. With that update, a worse in-combat bug was introduced to the game. 2018 is the year this change occurred based on a thread I have seen.

But yes, it does not look like this will be fixed.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Previously you at least lost combat state after respawn. Recently it continues for minutes after i respawn. I also cant log out when I am dead because I am in combat. How can I be in combat when I am dead. Why do I have to respawn before I log out. I also cant use wayshrine anymore while in combat, neither in PvE nor to port out of Cyrodiil. Who benefits from this and would suffer if you change that? The ballgroup/gank group because you can go somewhere else and dont have to waste your time fighting them? The npc you ignored? Probably they die fast anyway or run back as soon as you hit back and you only ignored them because you were riding somewhere else.
    And why cant i change my quickslots in combat? Changing gear and skills in combat could give players unfair advantages but changing quickslots is often necessary(equip siege, pots).
  • Goodrods
    Goodrods
    ✭✭✭
    Just throwing my voice in .. definitely is happening more lately. Wife always asks me now, "stuck in combat?" when I'm trying to harvest or mount. Bit too the norm now IMO. As our lag seems to be staying the same (SEA), we have noticed this is happening quite constantly now... Rare when a button pressed is recognized first or even second hit.