The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA Performance Feedback

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The new servers have been game changing. Up until yesterday, I had not yet experienced any significant skill delay when playing the the main campaign during PRIME hours, even on the weekends. It has been truly unbelievable, and I've seen more PVP players returning to the game than any other time in the past four years.

However, beginning yesterday and going into today I have noticed skill delay in both GH and Blackreach. I observed significant skill delay today in GH when the hammer was present on the map, and significant skill delay today in blackreach in the presence of multiple ball groups (coordinate 12 mans stacking echoing vigor + Radiant regen + buff sets).

It is VERY apparent that both the hammer and the faction stack it encourages, as well as 12 man coordinated groups are having a severe negative impact on the performance. I URGE zenimax to look into this sooner rather than later. PLEASE do not let the performance slip away from us again.

I think a serious look needs to be taken at the capabilities and behaviors of ball groups, so that the pain points can be targeted and we can try to mitigate their impact on performance. The biggest and easiest point that comes to my mind is the stacking of radiant regens & echoing vigors - these should not stack at all. Only one cast of each ability should be allowed to be present on any given player at any given moment, no more.

Additionally, the hammer really should be looked at. During my stream today I had been having 0 performance issues whatsoever - right up until the moment the hammer spawned. Throughout the entirety of the hammer being present on the map, there was significant and observable skill delay in every fight I had (even nowhere near the hammer itself).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert
Edited by React on May 21, 2022 6:51PM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's true. There's slow bugs and I haven't been able to use doors reliably for days. Unless ZOS took away server resources again, I'm guessing it's the 0 DD ball meta that has emerged post lag-fix to try and counter bombing (spoiler: it doesn't). Stop spamming 1000 skills while running away from your failed PvDoor. Just take the L and try another door.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever ZOS did , please undo it. Cyro was perfectly lag free until one day where it just all stopped working well. It wasn't even gradual
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    The new servers have been game changing. Up until yesterday, I had not yet experienced any significant skill delay when playing the the main campaign during PRIME hours, even on the weekends. It has been truly unbelievable, and I've seen more PVP players returning to the game than any other time in the past four years.

However, beginning yesterday and going into today I have noticed skill delay in both GH and Blackreach. I observed significant skill delay today in GH when the hammer was present on the map, and significant skill delay today in blackreach in the presence of multiple ball groups (coordinate 12 mans stacking echoing vigor + Radiant regen + buff sets).

It is VERY apparent that both the hammer and the faction stack it encourages, as well as 12 man coordinated groups are having a severe negative impact on the performance. I URGE zenimax to look into this sooner rather than later. PLEASE do not let the performance slip away from us again.

I think a serious look needs to be taken at the capabilities and behaviors of ball groups, so that the pain points can be targeted and we can try to mitigate their impact on performance. The biggest and easiest point that comes to my mind is the stacking of radiant regens & echoing vigors - these should not stack at all. Only one cast of each ability should be allowed to be present on any given player at any given moment, no more.

Additionally, the hammer really should be looked at. During my stream today I had been having 0 performance issues whatsoever - right up until the moment the hammer spawned. Throughout the entirety of the hammer being present on the map, there was significant and observable skill delay in every fight I had (even nowhere near the hammer itself).

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

Unfortunately, it's been happening in PvE too. It's not isolated to pvp.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Commenting just to say most people in my guild second this. We've definitely felt a shift back to more skill delay. Sure it isn't quite as bad as pre-server refresh but it was a noticeable drop-off and I urge ZOS to try to determine why it happened. The week and a half of lag free Cyrodiil was the most fun I've had in this game since launch, please keep it that way ZOS.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Last night there was noticeable skill delay in both campaigns, but it seemed to always coincide with ball groups being present.

Ball groups are almost certainly what is causing the majority of the stress on the server. Zenimax needs to take action soon on order to mitigate their ability to do this; started with their ability to stack vigors & regens, then moving on to whatever other pain points they can identify.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 29, 2022 5:54PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to get a reply about this? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be trying out some interesting things in U34 that will hopefully dumpster the ball zerg meta. It's a tricky problem to solve because 2 DDs can burst down the ball zerg within 1-2 GCD right now, provided there is no lag. However the ball zerg creates so much lag that the burst just doesn't happen fast enough. The solution should not be to add a 3rd member to your bombing group either - since you will probably add a 4th and a 5th and a 6th and just end up just becoming another ball zerg yourself.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno please notice this
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden