Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A possibility for more "Blank slate" houses?

DivineKitty
DivineKitty
✭✭✭
I don't know if there is an official term for them, but one type of house i would love to see more of is Houses like Coldharbour Surreal estate, or Moon-Sugar Meadow. That is, houses that are basically just an empty field. there are so many large structural Furnishings, like buildings and walls, but a lost of houses don't have room for them, or they don't match the style or environment of the house.
Take for instance, you want to play around with all those Murkmire furnishings you have laying around. if you wanted to build something that matches argonian aesthetics, you'd need a swamp. currently, there are only 3 houses that work for this. Stay-Moist manor somehow doesn't have any water in it, despite having "Moist"
Sin the name, Ample Domicile is really small, not much to build there, and Lakemire Xanmeer is great, but is only rarely available. and there are probably countless other examples of this for the other races too.
So, what I want in housing is more "Blank Slate" houses, but tailored for the different races. For instance, a Swamp for Argonians, or a patch of Desert for Redguards. A snowy field for Nords, Or an ashland for Dunmer. You get the picture.
Make them available on the store at all times, like Moon Sugar Meadow is. Hell, maybe even let us get them from events like Doomchar.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wanted three types of sandbox-y houses for ages. A snowy mountain one with some forest, think Wrothgar. A desert one, and some deep in a forest one.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've wanted three types of sandbox-y houses for ages. A snowy mountain one with some forest, think Wrothgar. A desert one, and some deep in a forest one.

100%. They have a snowy frozen lake that comes up in wintertime, but I'd love a snowy mountain with some forest (trees would probably be removable, too), a desert or a forest. What I would love most is like an archipelago. Like some small sandy beaches and lots of ankle-high shallow water you can walk through in a tropical setting, like off the coast of Summerset or the new area coming next patch where you can see the mainland not too far in the distance.

I also agree with OP. Have a number of them available for different settings and styles, and have them be buyable with gold. There's already lots of homes you can buy for gold, why not the blank-slate ones? You can buy the coldharbor one whenever it comes up after all.
    Edited by merpins on May 21, 2022 12:11AM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Mountain, pine forest, lake etc. as said I'd be all for, that's one I'd love. Especially if they would give us actual structures (such as the Windmill & Green House) and not just parts. Half a dozen actual empty buildings and a few more "blank slate" open houses and people would be going nuts building huge towns.

Snow is nice but so many decorations are NOT snow covered and i think it would make things stand out too much. Personally I like warmer feels to my homes, birds chirping and all that, not snowy frozen places.

To each their own though.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. More plots of land would be stellar! :)
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    2018, cold harbour surreal estate
    2019, moon sugar meadow
    2020, stillwaters retreat
    2021, doomchar plateau

I 'd say they been putting out one each year.