The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ideas to improve BG Que

RitualSmoke
RitualSmoke
✭✭✭
One idea I keep tossing around is making it so there is 33% chance for flag game, land grab or death match. currently it is 80% chance landgrab or flag game and 20% DM. with this minor chance of variety it leads to so many specific flag camping builds that offer no pvp play or counterplay. love to hear other ideas. also does Chefs lost thesis exist??? who has one shoot me a message!
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    also be neat to have a 12 man instance that lets three groups DM whenever they wanna load it up
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Where u get this information? I'm sure it is all random but random can mean that you can get 10x dominations just because of luck or bad luck. What BGs need is actual ELO system, something that LOL and other such games have. You get to play on higher ranks if you win and if u lose, u will fall back to lower rank where you need to fight up again. (((PS: It should be character specific.)))
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One idea I keep tossing around is making it so there is 33% chance for flag game, land grab or death match. currently it is 80% chance landgrab or flag game and 20% DM. with this minor chance of variety it leads to so many specific flag camping builds that offer no pvp play or counterplay. love to hear other ideas. also does Chefs lost thesis exist??? who has one shoot me a message!

As Implemented successfully in other games elsewhere you have no need to hardcode the % chance:

1. Form group.
    2. Ask players in group what their preference is. The game could take this a step further and offer a limited random set of options, e.g 1 DM and 2 random types of objectives, or another option is rotate the options available week on week.
    4. Weight chance based on step 2 above and then game rolls its weighted dice, e.g 70% want DM then 70% chance of rolling DM.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on May 18, 2022 7:50PM
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    on paper those are the chances but i frequently go 15 or 20 matches without a DM