The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Expanding Class Skill Trees

Mr_Stach
Mr_Stach
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I feel there's only so many ways that Zos can rebalance and Tweak the current select of skills. And down the road rather than getting a new universal skill tree, focusing on expanding the current class skill trees would be a great way to freshen up the game.

Granted the work needed would be immense and Zos would probably not actually do this, but if it was an option, what would you like?
Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup

Expanding Class Skill Trees 18 votes

3rd Morph for Class Skills
50%
BodycounterXuhoraTommy_The_GunSoulreaverWyrd88MesiteKilianDermothArthturLailaamell 9 votes
New Ability for Each Class Tree
44%
DracaneWoppaBoemElendir2amFunjacJyrus_JDlonnmlLancer1602Mr_Stach 8 votes
New Passives to Expand Class Identity
5%
MacRibs 1 vote
2nd Ultimate for each Class Tree
0%
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    while i would like more skills in the game, it becomes even more of a balancing nightmare which zos struggles to achieve now. i think new skill lines such as for new weapons are more acceptable since they are only a couple of skills and passives, but to add any of these options to existing trees won't be good for balance.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    3rd Morphs would probably lead to too many useless morphs.
    New ultimates would decrease their uniqueness.
    Balancing passives is harder.
    Thinking up some new skills for each tree is relatively easy and it is also easy to follow impact of this new skills.
    Edited by Elendir2am on May 18, 2022 5:32AM
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that game needs standalone skill lines, like tanking or healing line, as alternatives to class lines. There is still no burst auto target healing outside of class skills.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer they redo some of the abilities like Repentance and Radiant Aura. I like to see Radiant Aura be the magicka version of Repentance but instead of all at once recover 3000 health and 3000 magicka per corpse over 20 seconds.

Siphoning Strikes changed into recovering magicka and stamina by default base, Leeching Strikes morph adds Health recovery and Siphoning Attacks to increased duration to 60 seconds.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on May 18, 2022 10:29AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3rd Morph for Class Skills
    Not just for class, but for every ability !
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything would be nice at this point.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.