The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cowering behind the gate with Volendrung

IxSTALKERxI
IxSTALKERxI
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Remove the volendrung spawn from behind the gate.
Make it so that the wielder drops the volendrung upon approach / entering the gate.

I think it's silly that people pick up the volendrung and hide behind the gate in fear that the enemy will get possession of it and use it against them. Kinda defeats the purpose, may as well not have it in the game at all. The Volendrungs power shouldn't be able to be harnessed by cowards!
NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Players don't have to play the way you want to, or even feed your power fantasy.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    may as well not have it in the game at all
    Correct, as the hammer is yet another rich-get-richer, poor-get-poorer scenario.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? Players don't have to play the way you want to, or even feed your power fantasy.

No but from a developer standpoint, if you make a pvp game and people ERP in safezone instead of pvping you might need to reconsider some of your design decisions. Sheogorath is not pleased.
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping hammer behind the gate so that emp faction with biggest zergs (and usually more ball groups) could not use it, is the smartest thing one can do.

Hammer should have never been introduced in a 1st place.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 17, 2022 1:20PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some will say that is avoiding PvP; but often it is the best decision as it is going to wind up with the dominant faction of the time to just further crush the weakest. Not really PvP when its over before it starts
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know some will say that is avoiding PvP; but often it is the best decision as it is going to wind up with the dominant faction of the time to just further crush the weakest. Not really PvP when its over before it starts

What if your faction, through years of abuse perceives that it is the weakest faction, even when it outnumbers the enemy and wastes the opportunity to gain ground against the other factions due to fear of failure. :(
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    may as well not have it in the game at all
    Correct, as the hammer is yet another rich-get-richer, poor-get-poorer scenario.

Yeah true needs to be tweaked to become weaker the bigger the friendly zerg it has supporting it or stronger the more outnumbered. The spawn algorithm could do with some TLC also.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on May 17, 2022 2:29PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer is a "win more" mechanic that generally helps the winning side more than the losing side. I can't blame any team for using the valid strategy of keeping it from their opponent rather than feeding it to them.

The problem lies with how the hammer works and not with player mentality. They are often making the right move by taking it out of play.

If there were incentive to using it against a superior opponent, they would be encouraged to bring it to the front lines rather than run away with it. I consider that a design failure unless that's what ZOS was aiming for.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps it would make sense to make the hammer more competitive, the hammer wielder already gets a lot of buffs but basically has to be supported by heals from allies, if they made it so while you wielded the hammer, you could not receive any healing from allies, and only relying on whatever you get from your passive regen or sets

this would make the hammer wielder easier to kill and lead to more actual fighting over the hammer instead of just mass zerging using the hammer as a fast siege weapon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if your faction, through years of abuse perceives that it is the weakest faction, even when it outnumbers the enemy and wastes the opportunity to gain ground against the other factions due to fear of failure. :(

I'd say there's lots of work to be done with that faction that the hammer wont fix.
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Perfectly valid tactic. The gate can be opened. If one wanted the Volendrung badly, break in and get it.
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfectly valid tactic. The gate can be opened. If one wanted the Volendrung badly, break in and get it.

You can't do that when it's you're own faction that is doing it though... -.-
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or....let's just get rid of it altogether. Tired of it the insane lag it causes, players dropping it on purpose to opposing factions in exchange for gold and other rewards...it's a worn out, useless mechanic that adds nothing of value
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Why should hammer leave gate if you cant take a keep with it and only loose it to enemy faction that will take your keeps with it? If you dont have a group wit healer and nobody else has one and is willing to take hammer and ad soon as you attack a keep 20 enemy players show up? Using Volendrung without healer suicide, enemy player only have to deal 40k dmg before dying to kill volendrung. Doesnt matter how long it takes to deal 40k dmg, as long as he doesnt kill anything in between. Even bad players can kill good players with voldenrung, just attack them from range and cloak/streak as soon as they get in gap closer range.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the volendrung
    [snip]
    I think it's silly
    [snip]
    may as well not have it in the game at all.
    I agree with this sentiment 100%.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hugo-weaving-lord.gif

...If near Chorrol, or the slaughter water.

Ever heard of scuttling an asset so the enemy can't capture and use it against you?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • wotevah
    wotevah
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed there are quite a few nodes for the hammer throughout cyro where the hammer never spawns. Why not make use of all of them, make the race to find the hammer more interesting. If you are not planning on using the spawn nodes...why not remove them from the map, I bet that would help with the lag.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping hammer behind the gate so that emp faction with biggest zergs (and usually more ball groups) could not use it, is the smartest thing one can do.

Hammer should have never been introduced in a 1st place.
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the volendrung spawn from behind the gate.
    Make it so that the wielder drops the volendrung upon approach / entering the gate.

I think it's silly that people pick up the volendrung and hide behind the gate in fear that the enemy will get possession of it and use it against them. Kinda defeats the purpose, may as well not have it in the game at all. The Volendrungs power shouldn't be able to be harnessed by cowards!

This is a horrible idea. This would guarantee that strongest faction on at the time would end up with the hammer in short order.

The change that makes sense is to always have the hammer spawn for the last place faction, not eliminate the last place factions ability to keep the hammer out of the hands of the strongest faction. That way the last place faction could choose to use the weapon or not, depending on what is happening at the time.