The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Craglorn - Celestial Rifts - why are these not listed as world bosses ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I opened one of these rifts recently, and noticed a world-level boss appearing after I'd fought some of the lower-level NPCs, so why aren't these sites listed as world boss sites in the UESP and Game Maps web pages?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they are incursions rather than world bosses from the perspective of the game
    Soupy twist
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know. They are harder than most world bosses, too
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know. They are harder than most world bosses, too
    I noticed! After opening a rift, fighting some of the lower-level NPCs, then realising they'd brought out "the big guns", I ran! LOL
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    celestial rifts are a fun challenge, and they have the same drop pool as a standard WB (which includes weapons for an area that lacks a public dungeon)

the "WB" on the map like the mine, or shards, are not really WB in terms of rewards, they only give jewelry like a dolmen

crag is so messed up lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that a celestrial rift is as hard as most WBs and wouldn't mind if they counted as such for endeavors. I find the beauty of the rifts though is that most everything that comes out of one is a 'dangerous foe' with a 'shielded health bar'. I noticed on the last weekly endeavor that required killing 50 of these that a single rift would boost my count by 20-25.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that a celestrial rift is as hard as most WBs and wouldn't mind if they counted as such for endeavors. I find the beauty of the rifts though is that most everything that comes out of one is a 'dangerous foe' with a 'shielded health bar'. I noticed on the last weekly endeavor that required killing 50 of these that a single rift would boost my count by 20-25.

i think every enemy that spawns from the rift is considered a dangerous foe, and theres about 3 waves of 5 enemies before the boss spawns (along with more waves if you take a long time to kill the boss)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014