The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Issue with leads dropping?

DeadRune
DeadRune
✭✭✭
Hi everyone! So today while playing, my fiance got a lead drop in the Deadlands (I believe). He was super excited about it because he got it the first time around rather than having to farm for it. But when he checked under available antiquity leads, it wasn't there. So the lead dropped, he got the notification that he got it, but then was unavailable to scry. Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea how to fix this if its a known problem?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 15, 2022 9:11PM
On my way to PC EU!
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was he in the exact zone where he was suppose to scry for this lead (Deadlands for instance)? If yes, than it's a bug for sure, try to write to support.
    Edited by Eric_Prince on May 15, 2022 9:43AM
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he in the exact zone where he was suppose to scry for this lead (Deadlands for instance)? If yes, than it's a bug for sure, try to write to support.

i think most if not all of the leads that drop from the deadlands need to be scryed in the deadlands

if it was a purple lead, it is possible it could have been one of the "anywhere" drops so it might be located in a different zone, but all the gold leads from the deadlands are scryed in the deadlands

i am also not sure if the default UI hides leads which you do not have the skills to scry, such as if it was a gold lead but you do not have the ability to scry a gold

i would highly recommend using the addon "display leads with location info" (if you are on PC) as it is a MUCH better way to organize and see what leads you have
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it dropped in fargrave, but needs to be scryed in the deadlands, it might not show as scryable when you're in fargrave.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's an "all zones" section in the Antiquities page, that should list all leads you have for any zone.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390