The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewel-crafting traits and ESO+

KalaZim_Yfwr_Gwaed
KalaZim_Yfwr_Gwaed
Soul Shriven
I read somewhere that you needed to have the Summerset chapter to research jewelcrafting trraits and that ESO+ membership wouldn't qualify. So I, probably stupidly, spent crowns on Summerset and I still can't research anything but the first 3 traits. I've picked up a lot of jewellery and still not had the option to research any of the other traits.
I have done the quest that opens up the jewelcrafting daily writ but haven't completed the Summerset storyline. Not sure if that's required.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, the gate is on the jewelry station itself. If you don't have summerset you can't do anything with the jewelry station, if you do you can do everything. There's no specific gate for research. ESO+ does qualify, you lose access if ESO+ expires.

The traits are based on the traits in the jewelry you get. Random jewelry you pick up will only have the first three traits. The other traits drop in exemplary pieces from different content.

Bloodthirsty from trials quests
    Harmony undaunted chests
    Infused Psijic Portals
    Swift Jewelry writs
    Protective Summerset quest line
    Triune Cyro daily boards

Other than triune the rest are pretty cheap to buy from guild traders. Search by trait. Sometimes people will craft pieces for research, those work too.
  • KalaZim_Yfwr_Gwaed
    KalaZim_Yfwr_Gwaed
    Soul Shriven
    Ahh ok thanks. I didn't realize the other traits were only obtainable from specific places.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect whatever source you read which said ESO+ won't count was out of date. That was the case for the first year Summerset was available, when it was still being sold as a seperate chapter, but hasn't been the case since it was re-branded as DLC.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"