The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Negates and Ulti Regeneration requires a positive and impactful counter

ichibe
ichibe
✭✭
I wish there were a way to pass a request up to the devs for a Hail Mary. Here me out, negates are getting toxic with support, dps, and tanks in PvP. But rather than going high and right and raising ultimate cost, nerfing heroism, or anything outrageous. How about a solid revamp to the Dual Wield or 2H Ultimate to give it the equivalent of the Destro Ultimate Eye of the Storm that does Physical damage over time like the ruinous cyclone so there is an ultimate that can actually counter a negate.

Because let’s face it, a twelve man with two Arkasis/Drakes Sorcerers getting a negate every 10 seconds is the most toxic thing next to unplayable lag in peak hours.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't your suggestion just become the new "toxic" ultimate used in coordination with negates?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    I think a equivalent balance would be more appropriate tbh
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is currently a mechanic in the game that, while it would not "solve" this problem, would at least be interesting.

And that is the ulti-drain property from the Dragon Ingredients from Elsweyr. They make Minor Heroism pots as potions but make poisons that consume ultimate on targets when created as a poison.

Currently, this value is super under-tuned (e.g. it's like Minor Heroism but in reverse) but the concept could be added to new sets and skills with AoE application.

With this in mind, a counter to high ult-gen builds/groups could be these abilities and sets that consume their ultimate points. Along with expanding the role of Heal Absorption this would add an interesting new wrinkle to combat.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is currently a mechanic in the game that, while it would not "solve" this problem, would at least be interesting.

And that is the ulti-drain property from the Dragon Ingredients from Elsweyr. They make Minor Heroism pots as potions but make poisons that consume ultimate on targets when created as a poison.

Currently, this value is super under-tuned (e.g. it's like Minor Heroism but in reverse) but the concept could be added to new sets and skills with AoE application.

With this in mind, a counter to high ult-gen builds/groups could be these abilities and sets that consume their ultimate points. Along with expanding the role of Heal Absorption this would add an interesting new wrinkle to combat.

Timidity set is already here:
    https://eso-sets.com/set/baron-thirsk
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is another case of "ball groups OP please nerf". But rather that basically noone outside of those groups runs negates.

In BR my group barely gets hit by a negate unless it's another ball group.

Compare that to Raven where the AD zerg litters the ground with them.

Also from what I remember from crunching the numbers a while back with a buddy, Arkasis isn't that efficient at generating ult when you take into account the cooldown and randomness of who gets the ult (the randomness can be mitigated by coordinating your group but that's hard to do mid combat).

Also they need to actually fix negate so both morphs can counter-negate again. @ZOS_Kevin can we get that looked into please? I made a bug report thread a while back but it got no response.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate also shouldn't stop you from doing actions that count as an ability (like burning a siege, break free, or rolling in some cases both get cancelled or disabled by negate in certain scenarios they aren't supposed to).

ZOS should look into fixing that as well, because if not, once word gets out on how to trigger negate to have that "function" 100% of the time...We will all be under perma-negate :D
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Timidity set is already here:
    https://eso-sets.com/set/baron-thirsk

Yeah, but that set is not really a good implementation of the concept.

4-meter radius is TINY in wide-open Cyrodiil and the basic tuning of Minor Timidity at 1 ultimate every 1.5 seconds is very underwhelming.

You would need to drastically expand the AoE covered for it to have any impact against a group and ideally tie it to a better delivery mechanism than the gimmicky little scamp.