The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP Queue

Photosniper89
Photosniper89
✭✭✭✭
First, I want to start of by saying just how noticeable the servers have been for Gray Host NA. Everyone who comes on here and plays PvP is extremally quick to call out ZOS for the terrible PvP performance.. now we need to be quick to acknowledge the improvement (will it hold for weeks/months to come... we shall see but for now it's amazing).

The downside of PvP working without lag is that the flood gates are opening and the queue is starting to become insane. I hit a queue of 200 after going AFK for a bit Saturday night.. after 3 hours I was only down to 87.

I was wondering if there is any thought on slowly scaling up the amount of people who can join before it gets locked and queue begins?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 14, 2022 1:37AM
  • Athanas35
    Athanas35
    ✭✭
    Increase the number of people on grey host, open another server when population is high, something needs to be done.
    Im not waiting in que for more than 10 minutes, i haven't been able to play at night in almost a week, so pvp is 100% unplayable for me right now. Im not going to continue to subscribe to a game that i can no longer play if this problems isnt addressed soon.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q times are insane on average its over 2hrs of wait time on AD every night.
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The improvements to PC NA pvp are amazing. The problem is getting into the zone to enjoy it. Grey Host is unplayable with current 2 hour queues
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO don't increase the size of Grey Host. Doing so would be rough on people with crappy hardware and potentially threaten performance again. Instead, monitor Blackreach, and if that campaign regularly has a queue for every faction then add another CP-enabled + Alliance lock-disabled campaign.

EDIT: Currently Blackreach is 2/2/locked, so I don't think they should add another campaign unless even more players flood back over the next few weeks. Blackreach is also dead at night.
    Edited by TumlinTheJolly on May 9, 2022 3:57AM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IMO don't increase the size of Grey Host. Doing so would be rough on people with crappy hardware and potentially threaten performance again. Instead, monitor Blackreach, and if that campaign regularly has a queue for every faction then add another CP-enabled + Alliance lock-disabled campaign.

EDIT: Currently Blackreach is 2/2/locked, so I don't think they should add another campaign unless even more players flood back over the next few weeks. Blackreach is also dead at night.

I don't think we should limit the game based on people with crappy hardware. In fact when ESO came out Cryodiil had a higher population with much less robust PCs on the market.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance has been amazing! I think theres room to increase the cap again!

Also another suggestion I had is to move that damn gold jewelry merchant OUT of cyro. It fills up the Q with people just coming for that merchant on friday nights loading up the Q when pvp is the busiest!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think we should limit the game based on people with crappy hardware. In fact when ESO came out Cryodiil had a higher population with much less robust PCs on the market.

Im still using the same system i built for beta in 2014 and have 0 lag... I cant imagine what kind of system you'd have to be running or old ancient laptop to have poor performance but it would have to be old old.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha...I was thinking this just the other night.."wow the fixes nuked the queue". Last I saw was 133 in the queue....a staunch "forget that" and I went on to do other things.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »

Im still using the same system i built for beta in 2014 and have 0 lag... I cant imagine what kind of system you'd have to be running or old ancient laptop to have poor performance but it would have to be old old.

@sinnereso probably those guys who were at the bare minimum system requirements in 2014 or those slightly below it it still ran.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm blown away by the improvements in PvP right now. I know they said they didn't expect it to have an improvement (they could have just been saying that to set expectations) but my oh my is it noticeable.

There has clearly been a renewed interest in PvP. DC queue every night (week day) is over 120 and on the weekends I hit about 200.

I'm sure they want to wait and verify the servers fixed the lag but I'm just curious if they will give some communication about increased queue times and a possible up in the pop for gray host.

Thank you all again for the server upgrades and the improved PvP. I've been having some of the most fun in hour or two hour long battles the last few days and it's been amazing.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the queue is quite annoying especially with all the forced crashes when loading in big fights. Today I dropped again while approaching a faction stack but somehow the game just wouldn't let me in for 10 minutes with "Lost Lobby Connection". Usually I can still sneak it in after the 3rd or 4th try but no luck. Ended up in a 100 man queue so wife and I just logged out.

The other issue with the super long queues is it often gets stuck. I know it's stuck because one of us would still be ticking down but the other stays at the same number. When queueing I don't dare to switch characters or rezone or log out and come back later, because that seems to trigger a stuck queue fairly often.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join battlegrounds while waiting
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I soo hope they can greatly increase the pop cap again.. it will be glorious!
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

Tried it. Queue almost always gets stuck, and disappears once you relog.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »

Tried it. Queue almost always gets stuck, and disappears once you relog.

That's wierd and a problem
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to avoid the que on PC NA GH?

Easy, come (back) to EP.

8 pm PST last night que was 9--- took 1 minute. Half an hour later no que.

DC and AD were poplocked and they double teamed EP (which was 3 then 2 bars) and took all EP keeps.

Wanted on EP: small scale groups, ball groups, old time EP players, former EP guilds.

Almost all the old timers are gone, there are no reasons not to come back!
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs never has a queue and I have 2M+ alliance points..more than I ever had playing cyro lol.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    EP on GH is awful tonight. At 1 hour 53 min and still waiting. It went down to #12 in 45 min and has not moved since.

Honestly, this is worst than the lag. At least I was able to play.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Queue on AD rn is over 100, people are waiting in Q for hours. ZOS needs to do something about this!
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 14, 2022 1:23AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have decided to move this thread to a more appropriate PVP subsection.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    EP on GH is awful tonight. At 1 hour 53 min and still waiting. It went down to #12 in 45 min and has not moved since.

Honestly, this is worst than the lag. At least I was able to play.

Screenshot_20220513_211204.jpg

I hit my limit and logged out. An utter waste of a Friday evening.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hr+ Queues on PC/NA AD Grayhost rn!
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 14, 2022 3:19AM
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    2hr+ Queues on PC/NA AD Grayhost rn!

I quit after 3 hours. EP on GH.
  • Fidget1302
    Do what I do. If que is that bad then go to Blackreach or Ravenwatch. Blackreach is actually popping here recently. Lots of epic large scale fighting. Ravenwatch is, well, bleh outside of primetime, but during primetime it's popping too.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I do to off set the wait on the que is to do other things while waiting. Do Undaunted quests, collect T-Stones in IC, work on that Master Angler achievement etc. There's a lot of things to waste time on that are also fairly profitable.

Think of it this way, do you want a sever that you can actually play on but it takes about an hour wait. Or do you want a server that you can get right on and experience insane lag, frame stuttering and the eventual game crash in 10-15 mins? Personally I can find ways to kill time for about an hour while waiting on a Cryodiil I can play PvP in relatively lag free conditions.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is everyone falling into GH as the preferred Campaign, how can BR gain equal interest?

1. Cap faction swapping at X per faction each campaign
    2. Add unique end of campaign rewards for each Campaign. 30day rewards are garbage, basically equal to running 1day of 3 vet pledges. Add unique rewards for BR and different rewards for GH: skins, style pages, motifs, mounts, etc...
    3. Bigger reward for least populated campaign.

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    The problem is everyone falling into GH as the preferred Campaign, how can BR gain equal interest?

2. Add unique end of campaign rewards for each Campaign. 30day rewards are garbage, basically equal to running 1day of 3 vet pledges. Add unique rewards for BR and different rewards for GH: skins, style pages, motifs, mounts, etc...

Yeah how about no on the 1st one. I only play blackreach because there's no faction lock or faction swapping limitations. What am I supposed to do when my faction I'm on is server zerging and keeping the map gated and there's no pvp for me to do because we own everything. I'm unable to pvp for that day because my faction owns everything and I can't swap because of limitations. (and no I'm not going to go play in lag host)

The whole point of BR is no limits, I'd like it stay that way.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime ive looked at grey host ive seen at least a 40-60 person queue for AD, so i been playing in blackreach more, lot of good fights going on there even when AD is slightly outnumbered (AD is frequently lowest pop there, but ive never seen the low pop bonus activate even when red and blue were poplocked and yellow was only 2 bar pop)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Yeah how about no on the 1st one. I only play blackreach because there's no faction lock or faction swapping limitations. What am I supposed to do when my faction I'm on is server zerging and keeping the map gated and there's no pvp for me to do because we own everything. I'm unable to pvp for that day because my faction owns everything and I can't swap because of limitations. (and no I'm not going to go play in lag host)

The whole point of BR is no limits, I'd like it stay that way.

I'm going be honest, didn't even know that about BR. Explains a lot though, BR and Raven seem to be a waste of resources for unpopular campaigns

It's probably time for ZOS to pick one rule set , GH as it's vastly more popular with the community, and just pull the trigger. Plenty of data to back this up, it was a good experiment.

Tuesday 6:21 pm PST PSN NA
    BR: 1bar yellow, 1bar red, 2bar blue (and some of those players are in queue for GH)
    RW: 0yellow, 0red, 0blue
    GH: 3bar yellow, 3bar red, 3bar blue (queue 60)
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 18, 2022 1:29AM