The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do sets work that buff one specific type of damage?

HanYolo
HanYolo
✭✭✭
I'm referring to sets that buff only one type of damage such as:

Silks of the Sun: Adds 400 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Flame Damage abilities.
Netch's Touch: Adds 400 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Shock Damage abilities.
Ysgramor's Birthright: Adds 400 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Frost Damage abilities.
Elemental Succession: Whenever you deal Flame, Shock, or Frost Damage, you gain 492 Weapon and Spell Damage for Flame, Shock, or Frost Damage for 4 seconds.
War Maiden: Adds 600 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Magic Damage abilities.

Swamp Raider: Adds 600 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Poison and Disease Damage abilities.
Strength of the Automaton: Adds 400 Weapon and Spell Damage to your Physical and Bleed Damage abilities.
(No equivalent for bleed damage that I'm aware of)

These sets that state " Damage to your XXXX Abilites" are generally undesirable in PvE because they don't buff your light and heavy attacks which are a large portion of your DPS. That everyone can agree on. What I can find no common ground for is if these damage values are buffed by Major/Minor Sorcery/Brutality. Some people I talked to insist that they don't get buffed refering to War Maiden as an example. On the other hand I have seen multiple PvP guide videos that say these bonuses do get increased refering to Swamp Raider. I dont know of any way to check since these conditional bonuses are not shown in the character sheet.

So which is it:
These bonuses are increased by Major/Minor Sorcery/Brutality.
These bonuses are not increased by Major/Minor Sorcery/Brutality.
It is inconsistent and varies from set to set.

Does anyone have definitve information on this?