The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the is the difference between Vet and II Dungeons

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I can solo some group dungeons that are I.
Dark Shade Caverns is the only II dungeon I have completed (with difficulty)

Trying to solo a Vet Dungeon...how bad is that going to be... @CP1500

Tanks!

Z
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how skilled you are and what gear you are using plus your knowledge of the dungeon you intend to solo. Whatever dungeons you want to solo in Vet you definitely should solo them in normal mode first.

Learning the dungeon is key to success. Of course skill and gear are important as well. :smiley:

One of the easiest and quickest dungeons to solo in Vet is Fungal Grotto 1 and Darkshade Caverns 1. DS1 may be a bit tougher due to the larger mob size in some of the tunnels.

At CP1500 you are certainly high enough to solo Vet dungeons. Have a look at your CP and set it up for solo damage and survival.

Keep in mind that some dungeons have mechanics in place that require at least two players or you cannot proceed. I think all of the Non DLC dungeons that don't have mechanics stopping you from soloing can be soloed in Vet. Many of the DLC dungeons can also be soloed but they are quite a bit tougher than non dlc.

Look at your gear, your skills, your CP allocation, your potions and go for it. Start with an easy one in Vet like Fungal Grotto 1. You should be able to solo it no death, hard mode in under 30 minutes and that is killing all the bosses.

Tempest Island is a fun one to solo in Vet in my opinion. The only real challenge in Vet is the final boss in Hard Mode. No mistakes or you wipe and start over. Have fun and go for it!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will have to find a way to overcome the ones that have tether/banish mechanics. Fungal 2 comes to mind, with the 2nd boss that does the chains mechanic, or Fang Lair with the 4th boss that does the same with the ghosts, or Dranos in Cradle of Shadows. Or the resource draining mechanics like Khephidaen in Cradle of Shadows (the one where she jumps to cauldrons). Then there are ones that have the built in DPS check. Like Falkreath Hold's Domihaus with the pillars. Or the ones where you need to keep bosses separated, like the first boss sisters in March of Sacrifices or Nisaazda and Grundulf in Moongrave Fane.

I wish you luck. You have more patience than I do.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I am in trouble

Fungal Grotto II - Mephala's Fang - Once I get caught that beam of light - I am done - I can't escape alone.
    Is that the same as in Vet mode???

Tankz!

z6
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there is a 1 & 2 the 1 used to be a lowbie dungeon and 2 was the vet version that continued the story. Then they made a normal and vet version for each one which is why they are now numbered. As a result, 1s are much easier, even when on vet. There are some that never had a vet version so they do not have numbers.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Amottica there is still so much of this game I have zero clue about...

Tankz!

z6
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I've just started soloing vet content and it's been fun, New account, New toon so crafting etc not quite cooked yet but having some success. I'm CP506 DK hybrid of sorts utilising a shield build most of the time. Learning mechs has been a big help and calming the hell down in battle also helps, Panic kills toons. One thing I noticed straight away was how much harder everything is to kill and how much harder they will smack you. I focus staying alive first and damage second with pretty much all my abilities being either aoe or dots, my spammable is cleave and I'm an absolute shield monster. I started the build to basically stay alive long enough to see where I was messing up. I do read guides but I'm kinda more a hands on guy and where's the fun in reading instructions before entering a dungeon? Couple of weeks in and I've dropped one shield set for extra damage and gaining a little confidence now. As for the difference between 2 dungeons and vet, How long is a piece of string?
    I can breeze through vet Tempest island but had my ass handed to me in cradle of shadows on normal, I got all the way to Dranus whatever his name is and that was it for me. There seems to be a sizeable difficulty gap between the base game dungeons and the dlc's so start with the base game ones first. I'd suggest highly trying Elden hollow 1 and Fungal grotto 1 first as they are not that different from the normal versions, just a bit tougher and a good introduction. I have a rule too, If I get stuck or keep dying over and over I don't stay and keep trying I leave and try another day and maybe change a few things up. It's just a game and there is no point getting wound up or frustrated/angry with it. I've managed to complete 5 vet dungeon pledges without companions so truly solo. I'm also pretty confident I can complete a fair few more too in time so good luck if you decide to give it a go.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beginning (imagine this being said in a deep narrator voice).

Ok where was I? Oh yeah, In the beginning there weren’t normal and vet versions of each dungeon. There were some dungeons, and there were some vet dungeons with a unique story and slightly different layout.

Vet Wayrest, Spindle, Fungal, Banished Cells and Darkshade were the OG vet dungeons. They were leaps and bounds more difficult than their non vet counterparts. Pugs would routinely wipe on all of them, even the wayrest vet trash mobs at VR5 could cause a wipe. Then they introduced veteran Crypt of Hearts and at the time it was the hardest group content. (Do you guys remember back when that chain lightning was damaging enough to need avoided?).

Some time later they released veteran City of Ash. It was the only VR14 instance in the game at that point, and Valkyn Skoria was the only max level monster piece available. It took the new crown as the most difficult content. For months, far more pugs failed at it than those who completed it successfully.

Then when they made the change to have a normal and vet version of every dungeon they needed to account for the existing vets and their counterparts. They did so by naming them I and II.

At this point, the I dungeons are the easiest in the game, and don’t really require knowing or paying attention to mechanics. Same with the II versions on normal, but on vet there are some more complex mechanics that can 1-shot you or really slow down the party if you don’t know them. Unless you have blistering dps and don’t need to bother with mechanics….

Edited to add BC, because I honestly forgot about that. Vet BC (now BCII) was pretty tough in its day too.
    Edited by Reverb on May 15, 2022 3:30PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hmmm I am in trouble

Fungal Grotto II - Mephala's Fang - Once I get caught that beam of light - I am done - I can't escape alone.
    Is that the same as in Vet mode???

Tankz!

z6

a lot of the 2 dungeons have mechanics that you cannot break out of yourself, some of them you can kind of cheese if you have the psijic ult that allows you to use it while being cc'd, but that doesnt work in all cases

the specific case you are mentioning here the psijic ult can save you from that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @xiphactinus if you are not a DK, you should get Silver Leash under the Fighter's Guild skill line. Use that to chain pull the 3 adds that appear around the edges to the middle and burn them down at the same time.
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    @xiphactinus if you are not a DK, you should get Silver Leash under the Fighter's Guild skill line. Use that to chain pull the 3 adds that appear around the edges to the middle and burn them down at the same time.

I am a DK, I use unrelenting grip if my memory is correct in certain situations as its a great pull ability and after the pull a free damage ability...very handy sometimes. So if I pull Draino's adds in I can with a bit of luck stop the pin execute? I will try at some point. Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated. Figuring out some of those mechs can be a little frustrating at times.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

Niiiice!

Templar here - Silver Chains, here we go.

I finished Dark Shade Caverns II....ONCE....but then never again! I was messing with a build and survived.
    The Engine Guardian - poison kills me...even with the Ring of the Pale order, I die...
    But I did do it - once! I promise

Vet...I am going to die at every dungeon...but going to try and try and try.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know those levers in the middle that nobody hits? those will force the engine guardian to change phases (you wont be able to get "hard mode" because "hard mode" in that one requires not using those levers), but you can greatly reduce the duration of the poison phase lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am a DK, I use unrelenting grip if my memory is correct in certain situations as its a great pull ability and after the pull a free damage ability...very handy sometimes. So if I pull Draino's adds in I can with a bit of luck stop the pin execute? I will try at some point. Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated. Figuring out some of those mechs can be a little frustrating at times.

Its either that or sprint around trying to kill adds. Chaining them in is easier. They have to go down or you will die
    Edited by El_Borracho on May 11, 2022 5:25PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its either that or sprint around trying to kill adds. Chaining them in is easier. They have to go down or you will die

that isnt the problem with that boss, he has one part where he locks you down with 2 adds that have to be interrupted so you can block the 1 shot, but this is another situation that can either only be done with a 2nd person, or this might be one of the areas the psijic ult will work as well
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭

that isnt the problem with that boss, he has one part where he locks you down with 2 adds that have to be interrupted so you can block the 1 shot, but this is another situation that can either only be done with a 2nd person, or this might be one of the areas the psijic ult will work as well

Yes that's the one, I 've just got the psijic ult morphed so will be giving a go at some point in the future.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that's the one, I 've just got the psijic ult morphed so will be giving a go at some point in the future.

from what ive read the psijic ult does not work in every one of those situations, for example i think one spot it doesnt work is the first boss in wayrest 2 (this one can be kind of gotten around if you have a tank companion holding the boss and you stay far from it such as on the stairs)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭

from what ive read the psijic ult does not work in every one of those situations, for example i think one spot it doesnt work is the first boss in wayrest 2 (this one can be kind of gotten around if you have a tank companion holding the boss and you stay far from it such as on the stairs)

Keeping distance does work, I'm pretty sure I've come close to beating that boss by kiting back and forth from behind the altar thing. I don't use the companions either, Utterly useless for the most part and never stay alive long enough to make any real difference so I never use them. Plus the ridiculous amounts of gold required to kit one out from a guild trader puts me right off, I play this game to escape that world so I try my best not to get involved in the economy. I literally only use what I can farm myself or buy what I have saved up for.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping distance does work, I'm pretty sure I've come close to beating that boss by kiting back and forth from behind the altar thing. I don't use the companions either, Utterly useless for the most part and never stay alive long enough to make any real difference so I never use them. Plus the ridiculous amounts of gold required to kit one out from a guild trader puts me right off, I play this game to escape that world so I try my best not to get involved in the economy. I literally only use what I can farm myself or buy what I have saved up for.

i read up a more detailed post of how it is possible to solo malubreth, but it seems quite finicky, basically the DoT that she applies to you is health scaled oblivion dmg, and the final tick is 100%, but there is a very short window (roughly half a second) after she releases you that you could use a food item with max hp to get extra health before the final tick actually hits (due to the 100% dmg being calculated on your hp at the moment she first grabs you)

having a healer companion can help to make sure your hp is at full before the final tick hits, but the timing window is so short that any bit of lag would make that trick near impossible
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭

i read up a more detailed post of how it is possible to solo malubreth, but it seems quite finicky, basically the DoT that she applies to you is health scaled oblivion dmg, and the final tick is 100%, but there is a very short window (roughly half a second) after she releases you that you could use a food item with max hp to get extra health before the final tick actually hits (due to the 100% dmg being calculated on your hp at the moment she first grabs you)

having a healer companion can help to make sure your hp is at full before the final tick hits, but the timing window is so short that any bit of lag would make that trick near impossible

Yes I had a read of that too, I think my reaction times would let me down as I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer anymore. Just clearing what I have been doing feels like an achievement for the most part. I guess I'll get to the tricky stuff in good time when I've honed my build and skills a bit more.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    you know those levers in the middle that nobody hits? those will force the engine guardian to change phases (you wont be able to get "hard mode" because "hard mode" in that one requires not using those levers), but you can greatly reduce the duration of the poison phase lol

wait...I can do this in Vet mode....?
    Where were you when I was choking to death???

Tankz!!!!!!!!!!!

Z6