The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another Unique Set turned to worlthlessness

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
You have PVE damage over 100k, you have PvP dominated by 30k+ health ball groups that are extremely hard to break up as CC's are all but worthless in PvP, and even the least skilled player can now stay alive in these lame groups...

Instead of addressing that you NERF UNDAUNTED INFILTRATOR/UNWEAVER . It's bad enough DK's have been totally relegated to one play style, but at least we had Molten Armaments applied to these two sets to make some nice AOE damage. You weren't winning a 1 v 1, you weren't breaking PvE. -- but at least you could be something.

In the current version of the game where you can get 5k spell/weapon damage in tank sets, and the difference between 5k spell damage and 9k spell damage is barely noticeable when fighting someone with 35k health, these changes are just another nerf to anything unique, interesting, that doesn't fit the 1spell damage, 1 crit or pen, 1 resource, 300-500 damage..... or one of the totally unusable "when you hit a guy with a fully charged heavy attack you get 200 magika back, or the "when you hit a guy with 73 light attacks...." (lol, the way ranged targeting is in PvP now (at least on PS4) you are not hitting any player with more than a few skilss before you lose LOS or whatever, or you just get blown up by 10guys running spin to win..

Cyrodil Performance has never been worse. The player base is dropping like a rock- and all you do is repeatedly remove features claiming performance will be improved if you make the game more vanilla - well it's pretty darn vanilla.

Just roll the entire game back to 2018 and maybe people will start playing PvP again
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 8, 2022 1:32AM
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad enough DK's have been totally relegated to one play style

Excuse me?
    It's 2nd highest DPS in PvE and #1 spec in PvP.

Heavy attack sets are no risk all reward. You could just build full tank and still do crazy damage. Needed nerfing.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough DK's have been totally relegated to one play style

Excuse me?
    It's 2nd highest DPS in PvE and #1 spec in PvP.

Heavy attack sets are no risk all reward. You could just build full tank and still do crazy damage. Needed nerfing.

I do not PvP on my DK, only PvE tank on it, but had thought they were performing well. Thanks for clearing that up.

My guess is everyone has their own perspective based on their experience against their build or their group.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PvP Combat and Skills section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nm
    Edited by Tevalaur on May 9, 2022 3:18AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When sets like that let you hit people for over 30k with a heavy (40k-44k on some vamp glass cannons), then they do need a nerf.

IMO light and heavies should never eclipse skill and ult damage, except in the case of overload.