The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Homestead 2.0, Romanceable Companions & More Stuff to do in our Homes

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, the addition of the vampire well, Aetherial well.. are great and definitely a step in the right direction, but wouldn't you like more? Personally, I would like to see a few improvements first, like the houses being connected to the exterior (i.e. balconies, yards) with the ability to look out and see the weather etc. no more loading screens, that really kills the immersion for me. It's one of the reasons I really like 'plot' homes like Surreal Estate but there's little variety when it comes to those. That would make houses way more atmospheric and RP friendly.

As for interactables, I would like to see more reasons to visit our homes and perhaps gain certain things, things like faster rested XP if you log out from your bed. Not saying that there should be one million buffs to get from homes and turn it into Fallout 76, it's too compulsory. House guests could be improved as well, with idle chatter, emotes, that kind of thing. Maybe even make companions romanceable and take it to the next level like Skyrim. ;)

In my opinion we need Homestead 2.0, seeing that it's the endgame for many people. Feel free to add ideas.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d like to have them add a way to visit other people’s houses on console without having to be on their friends list.

I’d also like to be able to list more than just my primary house to visit.

Anything to make it easier to visit some of the amazing houses out there that I don’t know exist.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to have them add a way to visit other people’s houses on console without having to be on their friends list.

I’d also like to be able to list more than just my primary house to visit.

Anything to make it easier to visit some of the amazing houses out there that I don’t know exist.
    Agreed.

Also, portals (think Wraithhome) we should be able to place them -- that would solve the problem of running in huge homes. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom just a thought :)
    Options
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like for ZOS to add proper couches, and definitely more interactable furniture.

Especially since theyre doing the new pub game format with Tales of Tribute it'd be nice for them to add some basic furniture-games like chess, chinese checkers
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    Id like for ZOS to add proper couches, and definitely more interactable furniture.

Especially since theyre doing the new pub game format with Tales of Tribute it'd be nice for them to add some basic furniture-games like chess, chinese checkers

There was a furnishing plan for a board game in Elsweyr and Greymoor at least, there might be one more. I’ll see if I can get a snapshot of the gaming table in one of my homes to add here.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

There was a furnishing plan for a board game in Elsweyr and Greymoor at least, there might be one more. I’ll see if I can get a snapshot of the gaming table in one of my homes to add here.

Yeah theres a handful throughout the expansions. Foxes & Felines in Vvardenfell, Punctilious Conflict in Summerset, Greymoor had Blood on the Snow/Warrior and the Wolf. I forget the name of the one in Elsweyr but I remember it had something to do with gemstones and swans.

Even then within this housing guild im in, they play a form of Mad Libs every now and then using items from the link to chat feature as submissions.

Also a "bards stage" of sorts would be nice. One that allows you to attune to the same song and tempo.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah theres a handful throughout the expansions. Foxes & Felines in Vvardenfell, Punctilious Conflict in Summerset, Greymoor had Blood on the Snow/Warrior and the Wolf. I forget the name of the one in Elsweyr but I remember it had something to do with gemstones and swans.

Even then within this housing guild im in, they play a form of Mad Libs every now and then using items from the link to chat feature as submissions.

Also a "bards stage" of sorts would be nice. One that allows you to attune to the same song and tempo.

My apologies, I kept getting distracted and never got to my house to take the snapshot.

So you are familiar with them then. I should mention that I think the plans are either with Rolis Hlaalu or his partner Faustina if anyone is interested in getting them. At this point the old ones are probably in those awful folios.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

My apologies, I kept getting distracted and never got to my house to take the snapshot.

So you are familiar with them then. I should mention that I think the plans are either with Rolis Hlaalu or his partner Faustina if anyone is interested in getting them. At this point the old ones are probably in those awful folios.

Oh yes I'm well aware, and correct, they're all in those folios now since the release of Ascending Tide. And no worries, on the snapshot. I keep forgetting to take a picture of this blue Leyawiin rug I want ZOS to make available for crafting/purchase.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for more functionality in the house, i would like to see the ability to actually place material nodes in the house that we could collect

obviously there would have to be some kind of hard cap on how many you could have, and they would likely have to have a much larger respawn time than "natural" ones

the best place to start would probably be with alchemy plants, essentially making like a garden
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for more functionality in the house, i would like to see the ability to actually place material nodes in the house that we could collect

obviously there would have to be some kind of hard cap on how many you could have, and they would likely have to have a much larger respawn time than "natural" ones

the best place to start would probably be with alchemy plants, essentially making like a garden
    Oh hell yeah. Vile Lair, anyone? Loved that home. Would love to have my own poison garden. Poisons need a buff, but still, love the nodes idea.
    Options