The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Want to switch from 3 months to year

MidniteOwl1913
MidniteOwl1913
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm on ESO+ with the 3-month plan. I'd like to switch to yearly, but I can't see a way to do that without canceling my subscription, with all the pain that would entail. Is there any easier way? Thanks.
PS5/NA
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    nope, you need to wait until the last day of 3 month period.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR Just cancel and resubscribe, there's 0 downside. You won't lose any of your ESO+ time, but won't get more Crowns until it runs out.

The "subscription" is not your ESO+, it's JUST your automatic payment plan. It essentially means, "When my ESO+ time runs out, how much time will be purchased for me automatically?"

I cancel my subscription every time I get more ESO+ time immediately because I don't want to be charged automatically.

Canceling your subscription will do nothing to your ESO+ time. But if you resub for a yearly subscription, it just changes your payment plan. You won't get charged for 1 year, or get your 1 year's worth of Crowns, until your current ESO+ time runs out.

For example: Let's say you're on a 3-month subscription plan with one month of ESO+ left. If your cancel your plan, you still have 1 month of ESO+, and then it's gone. If you change to a one-year subscription plan, then when you run out of ESO+ time in one month (and no sooner!), it'll charge you for one year of ESO+ time and give you one year of Crowns.

As far as I know, there's no way to get a year of ESO+ time (+the year of Crowns) before your ESO+ time runs out.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner