The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About Vateshran Hollows Void Lich shade circle attack, is it possible to avoid one hit kill?

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
Is it instant death mechanic or with enough health and damage mitigation you can avoid one hit kill?

My dps cannot guarantee to kill a shade every single time :(
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 2, 2022 7:46PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    Is it instant death mechanic or with enough health and damage mitigation you can avoid one hit kill?

Sorcs can bolt escape out of the ring. Nightblades can shadow recall or teleport strike out.
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Afaik you cannot mitigate it with any amount of health. It needs to be killed, or the boss needs to be pushed below 10% health (or killed in final phase) to proceed to portal phase which will make the shade circle disappear.
    There are skills that allow you to bypass the mechanics, as mentionned above. Also templars toppling charge and dk's dragon leap will work if you target an enemy outside the circle. Warden can use the grapple skill on bear as well to bypass it. Psijic Undo ulti used to work for this too, not sure if it still does.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaspy wrote: »
    Afaik you cannot mitigate it with any amount of health. It needs to be killed, or the boss needs to be pushed below 10% health (or killed in final phase) to proceed to portal phase which will make the shade circle disappear.
    There are skills that allow you to bypass the mechanics, as mentionned above. Also templars toppling charge and dk's dragon leap will work if you target an enemy outside the circle. Warden can use the grapple skill on bear as well to bypass it. Psijic Undo ulti used to work for this too, not sure if it still does.

Really? Using gapclosers that pull you through the ring won't kill you?

• Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »

This fight very much about dps, and positioning. Just surviving the ring isn't enough. ;)
  • Kaspy
    Kaspy
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

It's not just gap closers since afaik skills from weapon lines like stampede do not work. It must be teleporting skills.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the dw flying blade skill i think
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

It's not just gap closers since afaik skills from weapon lines like stampede do not work. It must be teleporting skills.

Yeah, but I consider teleportation skills as going poof in one spot and reappearing on another post, like the NB and Sorcerer skill. With toppling charge and dragon leap you see your character move from A to B.

• Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dodge roll through a shade.

Not the beam.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe this mechanic is a dps check one. If you can't cheese it with the gap closers (which my necro does not have) then you must have the required dps to kill one of the shades to break the ring. If you do not have the dps to do it, then you simply cannot win. The ring will kill you when it reaches the center. The dps needed on normal isn't too significant. If you're struggling to get the needed dps in, wait to grow your dps and come back. Or hold off on your ultimate for the shades.
    Edited by RisenEclipse on May 2, 2022 3:34PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the psijic ult does work, but its very hard to time because of how slow the ring progresses, so i dont think it would be viable to use unless you were using an addon to be able to see exactly where your position would end up at
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the DK leap ultimate isn't guaranteed. I tried to cheese with that before, but your character's hitbox still leaps over them in an arc, so if it's not absolutely perfect and you get a toe on the line, it's over. I've also seen a few times where a perfect dodge roll worked, but again that's got to have absolute perfection with positioning - most of the time that happened was an accident. If you want something you can reliably cheese, it really does need to be a straight up teleport move.

Best thing to do is to tab target one of the shaded as its spawning and then unload on that. This mechanic was designed as a DPS check. If you have pale order (or templar jabs), you can basically heal yourself as you whale on them and pretty much ignore anything else until it's down.

Yes, it's annoying. I play a tank so I did need to completely rebuild my character into a full out DPS to manage it. vMA I could do in my tank build - it took forever, but I did it. But vVH unquestionably requires a DPS build for the shades.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely used streak for my first no death, no sigil, speed run. But now that I have all of the achievements, I just kill the shades since streak is such a wasted bar slot when timing is not a factor.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the DUNGEONS, TRIALS & ARENAS section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post