Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best Place to Level Werewolf - Mid 2022

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Where is the current best place to level Werewolf for those who do?

I found a thread from 2019 on it, but I wanted to start a new one since they don't like restarting old threads here for the most part. Any great places you have found?

It is not quite mid 2022, but close enough.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 1, 2022 11:14PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Madarc
    Madarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere there are enough mobs.
    As an example Riften:
    In the southern. middle part of the map, a lot of Lamien and many small, not too strong groups, where you can also play the small wolf completely to adult.
    From leaving the quest area (introduction) to reaching level 10 and unlocking all passives, about 1 hour, including caffeine and nicotine breaks ;)
    Ein Beispiel für Menschlichkeit im Alltag ist der Appell “Sei ein Mensch” von Marcel Reif, einem Holocaust-Überlebenden. Er erinnert uns daran, dass wir unsere Bedürfnisse und Wünsche anderen respektieren und uns für andere einsetzen sollten.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always went to the cultist camp in southwest riften. There's plenty of enemies, though there are probably better ones.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Stibbons quest in Glenumbra with a high spawn rate indoor space. I leveled werewolf that way when one group went down a previous group would respawn right away so I constantly leaped between 3 spawn groups, but it was years ago I dunno if they readjusted the spawn rate. It was perfect as they kept coming back before I knew it and no other players around for the most part.

Glenumbra northern most town if you don't start the quest there then the "bandits" are all yellow and there are no guards, you can go nutz there. Haven't tried it recently after the werewolf criminal change, I don't think the friendly NPCs will report you.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven around the Dreugh Waters world boss. You got the Dreugh things, spiders and crabs. A couple of good ways to run a circle so that always plenty to kill.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you got afflicted.

If you were bitten by a werewolf spawn or another player - Hircine's Hunting Grounds (where you complete the werewolf intro quest). In there you have infinite werewolf form and the enemies respawn like everywhere else after a bit. Takes around one hour to max out the werewolf skill line, if you kill every single enemy.

However, if you were bitten by a werewolf spawn, you'll have to do this immediately when doing the quest. If you were bitten by another player, you can repeat that quest daily, so no problem, if you missed it the first time.

I have no idea how it is if you got werewolf from the crown store. As far as I know the quest is already completed then, but not sure if it is repeatable, like when being bitten by another player. In case it's not, the options from the other posters all seem good.

Edited by feyii on May 2, 2022 5:29AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    If you were bitten by another player, you can repeat that quest daily, so no problem, if you missed it the first time.

Say what, now?

The Werewolf and Vampire quests are both marked with blue chevrons indicating they're repeatable quests. This is (generally) true of both quests regardless of how you first obtained them. However, they're not, strictly speaking, dailies. (Or, at least, if there is a daily limit on them, I've never checked.) Instead, they become available after you've been bitten. In order to run the quest again, you'd need to get cured, and receive another bite.
    I have no idea how it is if you got werewolf from the crown store.

You're either instantly granted the skill line, or instantly granted the skill line with it already advanced to rank 10, depending on which version you buy. There's no quest, no extra steps, just, "boom, a werewolf." (Source: I've used store bites on the PTS before.)
    Edited by starkerealm on May 2, 2022 8:26AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My personal favorite is Saints Port on Stros M'kai. The pirates spawn relatively quickly, but are spread out enough that you're not likely to end up with a ball of them rolling onto you at once. They're also fragile enough that you can just smear through them in pretty short order. Though, really, any farming route will work. You could even level it in spellscar if you really wanted.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My personal favorite is Saints Port on Stros M'kai. The pirates spawn relatively quickly, but are spread out enough that you're not likely to end up with a ball of them rolling onto you at once. They're also fragile enough that you can just smear through them in pretty short order. Though, really, any farming route will work. You could even level it in spellscar if you really wanted.

That is what I have used before. Generally good, unless you get competition. I just wanted to know if someplace better existed.

====

I didn't see mentioned above the illegality of being a Werewolf, so that does play a role in grinding. I made the mistake of turning into a werewolf in the tower in the Malabol Tor liberation quest line and got heat when I came out.

I just saved their town and now I have to hide! Ungrateful whiners....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers dungeons. Tons of zombies to eat
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Delyns Mill, Glenumbra. The imps and spriggans are clustered in groups of two or three, and not far apart. 30 mins to level 10 with XP scroll
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you were bitten by another player, you can repeat that quest daily, so no problem, if you missed it the first time.

Say what, now?

The Werewolf and Vampire quests are both marked with blue chevrons indicating they're repeatable quests. This is (generally) true of both quests regardless of how you first obtained them. However, they're not, strictly speaking, dailies. (Or, at least, if there is a daily limit on them, I've never checked.) Instead, they become available after you've been bitten. In order to run the quest again, you'd need to get cured, and receive another bite.
    I have no idea how it is if you got werewolf from the crown store.

You're either instantly granted the skill line, or instantly granted the skill line with it already advanced to rank 10, depending on which version you buy. There's no quest, no extra steps, just, "boom, a werewolf." (Source: I've used store bites on the PTS before.)

There is an occasional glitch/loophole. Check your character sheet. Before you go to Hircine you should see "Sanies Lupus" as an effect. It should change to "Lycanthropy" when Hircine makes it official you're a werewolf. But sometimes it doesn't. As long as that Sanies effect shows up, Throki will keep hanging around and telling you to go talk to Hircine. You can get back into the portal/hunting grounds and do the quest again, even if you have a completely leveled werewolf.

If you don't want to do that, and want to stay a werewolf, you can "fix" this by talking to the priest of Arkay in the mages' guild in the last zone of your faction; Riften, Reaper's March, Bangkorai. DON'T RUSH THE DIALOGUE. You want to be cure of the "Sanies Lupus", not Lycanthropy. Clicking to speed through it might change something you don't want changed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    way way way back in the day, when every zone still had specific levels, what i would do is go to coldharbour to build ult, then port into toothmaul gully public dungeon (vet level character going to a level 5-10 instance made it REALLY easy)

nowadays you dont need the extra steps, and can just go to anywhere there are a lot of mobs

if you REALLY wanted to farm it, i would suggest wayrest 1 and use the rat king boss, as he summons indefinite amount of skeevers and is very weak, so you can ignore him while feeding of skeevers
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently went to the ruins in the west of Rivenspire - lots of vampires there. There is a big circle you can go around but the vampires seemed too far apart and it took ages
    Edited by Mesite on May 4, 2022 5:00PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could use the atronachs south of willowgrove, they spawn very quickly
    Soupy twist