Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raised garden beds

SekaiXD
SekaiXD
✭✭
I read on some old threads (that I now can't find again) about how hard it was to create raised flower beds in the garden. The problem is finding something that looks like dirt. If only ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno could just put a new skin on the rough blocks to make them look like dirt, I think thousands of home furnishers would die happy. However, at the moment we don't have that.

I found an ok-ish work around which doesn't look awful and is great for putting in the Alinor Greenhouse. Take a Solitude Bed, Rustic Cowhide Single and turn it upside down. You then put a Wood Elf Counter, Long Leather on top of it. The counter is slightly smaller than the bed, but a man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice. FIll that puppy up with vegetables from the hearth section or
flowers.

Here's a pic from when I started filling the beds in with vegetables. b6wilv3uvdch.png
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 min video on multiple dirt options.

https://youtu.be/chy7okHwgI8

TL;DR the clockwork junk pile's bottom is dirt
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    I used the tall hedges you can buy from Auridon, turned them on there side and sank them in the ground. Then added trees, plants and flowers. It worked well for filling in the spots where the floor can be seen.
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    3 min video on multiple dirt options.

https://youtu.be/chy7okHwgI8

TL;DR the clockwork junk pile's bottom is dirt

None of which work for making defined small raised beds like I wanted, but thanks for the tips!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have used the Elsweyr Sarcophagus plan to make some flowerbed planters in some of my houses. The edges are more like ceramic or stone, though. I didn’t bother with dirt but just put enough plants in so you couldn’t see the bottom.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    SekaiXD wrote: »
    Here's a pic from when I started filling the beds in with vegetables. b6wilv3uvdch.png

I really like that for raised garden beds, looks great. For some reason the orderly little beds give me Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons vibes ;)
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SekaiXD wrote: »
    I read on some old threads (that I now can't find again) about how hard it was to create raised flower beds in the garden. The problem is finding something that looks like dirt. If only ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno could just put a new skin on the rough blocks to make them look like dirt, I think thousands of home furnishers would die happy. However, at the moment we don't have that.

I found an ok-ish work around which doesn't look awful and is great for putting in the Alinor Greenhouse. Take a Solitude Bed, Rustic Cowhide Single and turn it upside down. You then put a Wood Elf Counter, Long Leather on top of it. The counter is slightly smaller than the bed, but a man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice. FIll that puppy up with vegetables from the hearth section or
    flowers.

Just what I've been looking for! Genius!
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this; I'm looking forward to trying it out. This weekend I was playing with the greenhouse and wondering why they gave it a stone floor when we have no planters with dirt in them.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rocks sort of look like sand or dirt - there may be a type of housing rock out there which is similar to what you’re looking for.

Preferably we get a housing farming/harvesting feature at some point...
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spent quite a while experimenting to make these, tried everything guildies suggested and a few of my own ideas. Nothing looked as good as these- great job!