The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curated drops not working!

Anne13
Anne13
✭✭✭✭
Probably others posts about this. But it's been going on since curated drops was implemented. Many other fixes since then and still no fix for this.
I've done far over 10 runs in vso/nso and every time without fail. I get an already collected weapon.... When there's still around 15 non collected weapons I need.
Massive waste of time and very frustrating!
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's true.
    It does not work in all Craglorn trials.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn trials have weird loot tables. There are sets that drop in only one Craglorn trial, there are sets that drop in all Craglorn trials, there are sets that are more likely to drop in normal, there are sets that are more likely to drop in veteran, etc. Craglorn just has really convoluted loot tables and ZOS do not seem interested in investing the developer time and money into curating a complicated loot system that they have not reused in almost 8 years. It is a little like Hew's Bane and Gold Coast where they experimented with a default weight for gear sets but had some other ways to get gear in off-weights. They never reused that loot system and it does not curate, either.
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Probably others posts about this. But it's been going on since curated drops was implemented. Many other fixes since then and still no fix for this.
    I've done far over 10 runs in vso/nso and every time without fail. I get an already collected weapon.... When there's still around 15 non collected weapons I need.
    Massive waste of time and very frustrating!

that is true. I am farming Spellweave set in City of Ash I. And I got the boots and the belt 3-3 times, the staff 2 times etc.. I am yet to see a Greatsword or axe..
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does work, it appears to just work a bit differently in the craglorn trials.

Craglorn trials have TWO sets of sets that can drop from a trial. The first is specific to that trial you are in, and the second sets drop amongst all craglorn trials.

What is likely happening is, the game makes two choices when a gear piece drops:

Choice 1: Trial specific piece OR Craglorn trial piece
    Choice 2: Curation of choice 1

So, if choice 1 is a Trial specific piece, curation will look for one that fits the drop pool for the boss that is not in your curation.

If choice 1 is Craglorn trial set piece, curation will look for one that fits the drop pool for the boss that is not in your curation.

Chances are, the Craglorn Trial set pieces have a greater drop chance, by nature of dropping from all 3 trials, so you are likely to fill the stickerbook faster on those. And, since it is a 50/50 drop chance per boss for the trial specific or craglorn trial set piece, the appearance is that you are not getting new stickerbook items, when really, you are just getting the other set of gear items more often.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didn't encounter this kind of problem.
    note that some bosses have just some items to drop, while other bosses other items. You can get 3 belts from first boss and have nothing to collect, but only 2nd boss will give you helmet for example, so it doesn't matter how often u farm just 1st boss.
    for last boss you say u got 2 staves, if you don't bind the staff you get then kill the boss again in the second run, before your first run staff still unbound, u still have the chance to get the same staff.
    you only get what is not collected, check your sticker book.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It does work, it appears to just work a bit differently in the craglorn trials.

Craglorn trials have TWO sets of sets that can drop from a trial. The first is specific to that trial you are in, and the second sets drop amongst all craglorn trials.

What is likely happening is, the game makes two choices when a gear piece drops:

Choice 1: Trial specific piece OR Craglorn trial piece
    Choice 2: Curation of choice 1

So, if choice 1 is a Trial specific piece, curation will look for one that fits the drop pool for the boss that is not in your curation.

If choice 1 is Craglorn trial set piece, curation will look for one that fits the drop pool for the boss that is not in your curation.

Chances are, the Craglorn Trial set pieces have a greater drop chance, by nature of dropping from all 3 trials, so you are likely to fill the stickerbook faster on those. And, since it is a 50/50 drop chance per boss for the trial specific or craglorn trial set piece, the appearance is that you are not getting new stickerbook items, when really, you are just getting the other set of gear items more often.

It also may have changed but it used to be that some sets had a higher drop chance on Normal versus Vet. Like Vicious Serpent dropped more on Veteran while Quick Serpent dropped more on Normal. So I think there are multiple levels of loot filtering in Craglorn, or it is not exactly 50/50.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been running normal Craglorn trials for four weeks now and VO drops very rarely, but the Quick Serpent drops like candy. It has the worst drop rate of all the sets that drop there.

Even with others in group linking their drops to share I am barely getting any pieces.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been running normal Craglorn trials for four weeks now and VO drops very rarely, but the Quick Serpent drops like candy. It has the worst drop rate of all the sets that drop there.

Even with others in group linking their drops to share I am barely getting any pieces.

For whatever reason, the Minor Slayer sets drop more frequently on vet, and non Slayer drops more on normal.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For whatever reason, the Minor Slayer sets drop more frequently on vet, and non Slayer drops more on normal.

Well this is going to make farming for gear on normal to run later on vet problematic.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA