Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immortal templar

Melzo
Melzo
✭✭✭✭
I'm just in shock from pvp. I went to bg at 3 we hit one plane. He placed his rune. And under the stun, either he doesn’t give a damn about us, or his stamina is over. His very healing healed all our wounds. He came out of his stun and rolled us like pancakes. Pvp respect... He just stood dumbfounded for 3 seconds. We didn't even shoot 1/4 of the life.
What kind of inappropriate self-healing is this? Even the dk and the necromancer don't heal that much.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game have balance problems right now, healings are stronger than damage dealing. You can apply 4 heals over time on self + vampire passive and you become immortal.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I understand correctly, he ignored you, then he killed you all?

There are some specific ways that might happen. For example he could block with the Meridia's Blessed Armor set and all your attacks other than AOE (I think) would miss for 5 seconds. There are probably some other sets or ultimates that have a similar effect. All of these have long cooldowns, though.

Templar is strong right now, but not so strong that they could both outheal and kill 3 good players at the same time. If, however, you and your 2 team members were beginners at PvP then, yes, that is entirely possible. Your PvE experience, however good, does not carry over to PvP nor does your build.

In a BG you usually get matched with people of your own skill level. Usually. It is possible you were up against an experienced, fully min-maxed PvPer instead. Yes, they would steamroll you. That would have nothing to do with them being a templar. They could not do the same to 2 or 3 of their peers and that goes for any class versus any class.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self-healing is way out of control right now.
    Edited by Molydeus on May 3, 2022 5:22AM
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    If I understand correctly, he ignored you, then he killed you all?

There are some specific ways that might happen. For example he could block with the Meridia's Blessed Armor set and all your attacks other than AOE (I think) would miss for 5 seconds. There are probably some other sets or ultimates that have a similar effect. All of these have long cooldowns, though.

Templar is strong right now, but not so strong that they could both outheal and kill 3 good players at the same time. If, however, you and your 2 team members were beginners at PvP then, yes, that is entirely possible. Your PvE experience, however good, does not carry over to PvP nor does your build.

In a BG you usually get matched with people of your own skill level. Usually. It is possible you were up against an experienced, fully min-maxed PvPer instead. Yes, they would steamroll you. That would have nothing to do with them being a templar. They could not do the same to 2 or 3 of their peers and that goes for any class versus any class.

There isn't any mmr to match you with same skilled players in ESO. It fires a game based on if the right amount of solo people queued or group people queued.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melzo wrote: »
    I'm just in shock from pvp. I went to bg at 3 we hit one plane. He placed his rune. And under the stun, either he doesn’t give a damn about us, or his stamina is over. His very healing healed all our wounds. He came out of his stun and rolled us like pancakes. Pvp respect... He just stood dumbfounded for 3 seconds. We didn't even shoot 1/4 of the life.
    What kind of inappropriate self-healing is this? Even the dk and the necromancer don't heal that much.

He probably cheated. This morning on my defensive bar with 33k resistance, 15% damage mitigation from equipped skill and while blocking I was killed by a single executioner for over 33K in damage. I had zero debuffs on me; it was one swing and I died. I'm on console and every once in a while I run into a player or two who can easily kill me in one or two hits that I know are impossible to achieve.

I built a true glass cannon character for PVP with high pen and high damage with a focus on being able to kill quickly. I got a group together. My good friend ran his debuff/buff build character and another player ran a tank and our forth player ran a healer. Using this character with his buffs from my friend and debuffs to the target I kill other characters in about 5-6 hits when they have resistance of 33K+. If they are a vampire it will take a bit more. My character has over 15K pen and over 6K weapon damage before any buffs to my character or debuff to the target.

Given my experience playing a high resistance character and a true glass cannon to tear down high resistance character I know first hand that the player that killed me was cheating, it happens even on consoles. I hope devs actually do something to players who purposely cheat to gain the competitive advantage.

There are gear sets though that do provide high resistance such as pariah, trial by fire, fortified brass, etc... healing is strong right now as others have stated as well, and with the right offensive gear (clever alch,, olo, balorgh, etc...) you can turn the tide rather quickly. I been in fights where I can kill two or three players on my templar (the character that was killed in hit above) and been in fights where it took 5 us to kill a single player.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on May 5, 2022 8:48PM
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    If you wanna kill immortal templar play immortal dk. Contrary is possible 😜