Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stamina warden restoration staff or sword & board on back bar in pvp

hirins
hirins
Soul Shriven
hello, been on and off the game since 2017, usuall story:) before played in cyro mag sorc only.. question about pvp, cyro setup: atm i am leveling stamina warden and like it allot, front bar 2h.. so the question about the back bar, why I do see sword and board usually and no s&b skills selected. Why not restro staff, i personaly see some benefits , like geting health back from heavy attack + healing ward as really good health shield. I will apprieciate some answers allot. P.S. sorry for the Engilsh not the native tongue
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people like snb for the blocking/defensive boost it gives. However, resto staff is much better, in my opinion. I know many very good players who use resto staff back bar on stamblade, stamplar, stamden, and even stam dk.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • hirins
    hirins
    Soul Shriven
    thanks mate
  • Vizir
    Vizir
    ✭✭✭
    Rapid regen is quite good on stam toons and layers well with vigor. Also with stamdens using some of the following: ice fortress, deep fissure, arctic blast, leeching vines and/or bird of prey, the extra mag regen can be quite nice.
  • hirins
    hirins
    Soul Shriven
    thanks
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my stam warden is using dual wield and bow...

bow is really really useful as a ranged weapon...i get the hybridization move by zos allows for more build diversity, but, for me dual wield and bow work smoothly on my stam warden...

you are a warden, so you are already tanky enough not to need SnB, you have enough healing in the class not to need a resto staff...you have easy access to major brutality, so don't really need a 2 hander...obviously a destro staff doesn't make too much sense...

stam wardens are burst killers, dual wield fits nicely with that...and again, if you're playing in cyro - the bow is really useful in a lot of situations - especially if you're not like a top tier player...the bow is a weapon that more suits the masses (average players)...

i am not a top tier player, not even close - but - something i learned along the way from other/better players, it's really important to maximize your toon as much as possible...

i don't mean - you must go META and look online for some copy and paste build - yuch, heck my stam warden wore unfathomable darkness for years just cuz i really liked the bird animation :)

now i'm wearing spriggans/hundings and some monster set i can't remember...

please let us know if you have more questions, hopefully folks smarter than myself will also help guide you a bit...

Edit: ha, just thought about it - my mag warden is using a SnB and resto setup :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 2, 2022 5:19PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place