The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do I have to pick between the clans?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
They both claim credit. Why can't I just give him both letters and note that?

(The clan war delve quest in Bangkori (sp?))
PC
PS4/PS5
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the same reason that you can't save both of the couple in the Alikr Desert Mines from the spider daedra.

Bad Design.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's for replayability.Makes you wanna use alt to do other option.Means you spend more time in game,and more ppl around keeps game lively.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    its been there since day one but i picked all lol
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    oo you talking about oo okay i was talking about guilds like mages guild if that's what talking about but yea lol
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course both claim credit. Your job should you wish to accept it is decide which claim is more legitimate. If you decide both equally you are basically kicking the can down the road. The clans would eventually begin fighting as if the issue had never been resolved.
    Your decision promotes one clan over the other giving them higher stature but you prevent a war that sees both clans suffer.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's for replayability.Makes you wanna use alt to do other option.Means you spend more time in game,and more ppl around keeps game lively.

Difference doesn't matter for this quest (I have tried both options).

I want to say "they are both liars and claim credit" but that option is not available. Making me either drop the quest or pick on false choice is annoying. Not the most annoying thing in the game of course, but still annoying.
    EozZoe1989 wrote: »
    oo you talking about oo okay i was talking about guilds like mages guild if that's what talking about but yea lol

No, it is a researcher in Bangkori that asks which clan was really correct. How the blank would I know? I just found their claims in 2 different places in the delve!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like if I stab the Orc Chief, those NPCs around that densely populated chest area in Grahtwood stay hostile, but if I help them out they let you get first hit and take all their chests no problem. That area makes no sense, why are there like 20 chest spawns all clustered there.