The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction Specific Alliance War Costumes

Saltie
Saltie
✭✭
I already know we have the costume & hat, along with the war horse in the any race, any alliance bundle, however I thought ZOS could do a little more for the PvP community.

Battleground players get three armour styles that represent the three teams you get sorted into.

Whilst I know this is never going to be high on a priority list, it would be nice for those of us who's focus is the Alliance War, to get a costume at specific milestones to represent the effort some PvP'ers make. On top of this it would be nice to have them change style based on your faction, like the war horse & current costume which makes you look like you're armoured in a pillow case.

For example:
A costume for lets say rank 1, rank 25, and rank 50. Nothing too major, but the style of it should fit the faction. Lions for DC, Dragons for EP, and Eagles for AD. Something that gives your character a visual identity that you belong to your alliance.
The costumes could get slightly more elaborate & decorative as you progress through the ranks. So the final costume at rank 50 would be far more visually impressive than say rank 25.

On top of this I feel that the Emperor's Regalia costume for getting Emperor should also have a more faction specific look to it.
Why dress your characters in an Imperials Emperor's old armour when you fight for your alliance.
The spires around the crown of the helmet could have your factions animal head instead of the feur-de-lis. Its a very subtle change but adds a little more in the way of faction representation whilst out and about in the world.

What are your thoughts of what has probably been discussed so many times in the past.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saltie wrote: »
    I already know we have the costume & hat, along with the war horse in the any race, any alliance bundle, however I thought ZOS could do a little more for the PvP community.

Battleground players get three armour styles that represent the three teams you get sorted into.

Whilst I know this is never going to be high on a priority list, it would be nice for those of us who's focus is the Alliance War, to get a costume at specific milestones to represent the effort some PvP'ers make. On top of this it would be nice to have them change style based on your faction, like the war horse & current costume which makes you look like you're armoured in a pillow case.

For example:
    A costume for lets say rank 1, rank 25, and rank 50. Nothing too major, but the style of it should fit the faction. Lions for DC, Dragons for EP, and Eagles for AD. Something that gives your character a visual identity that you belong to your alliance.
    The costumes could get slightly more elaborate & decorative as you progress through the ranks. So the final costume at rank 50 would be far more visually impressive than say rank 25.

On top of this I feel that the Emperor's Regalia costume for getting Emperor should also have a more faction specific look to it.
    Why dress your characters in an Imperials Emperor's old armour when you fight for your alliance.
    The spires around the crown of the helmet could have your factions animal head instead of the feur-de-lis. Its a very subtle change but adds a little more in the way of faction representation whilst out and about in the world.

What are your thoughts of what has probably been discussed so many times in the past.

Interesting idea, although I disagree with the last part - the imperial regalia are older than the three banners war. And also, who has the energy to try to become emperor three times to get all the variants. I haven't managed to even become emperor once, despite years of playing. :p
  • Saltie
    Saltie
    ✭✭
    The Emperor costume would change visual based on your alliance so you would only need to earn this once. Just like the war horse does. It just changes colour & style based on your faction.