Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Second Character - Level 24 (Necromancer) Outside Boss (Skull & Crossbones on the Map) Bug??

DrOuttaSight
DrOuttaSight
✭✭✭
I don't know if someone else has reported this. before anyone jumps on me, I did look in the forum
I recently switched to use another character, I'm at level 24 he is a Necromancer.
Every time I go to an outside, boss on any piece of land on the map (Skull & Cross bones not filled in with colour white), I don't need to fight the Boss/Monster whatever.
As soon as I walk up to the outskirts area of where the Boss is, the words flash up telling me where the boss area begins,
On the map it auto fills in white, as if I had killed the boss? when have not started to fight the boss, and it spoils the game.

And before anyone asks, did I try doing a repair before login in, and start the game, yes many times, and it has not fixed the problem.
Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
Feed the needy Not the greedy
In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the new Account Wide Achievements (AWA).

If your main character has already completed a world boss, then when an alt who has not done it approaches, that character automatically gets credit for it.

Achievements are not tracked for all characters seperately anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the new Account Wide Achievements (AWA).

If your main character has already completed a world boss, then when an alt who has not done it approaches, that character automatically gets credit for it.

Achievements are not tracked for all characters seperately anymore.

Thank you for your reply, that would explain it.
    Which is a shame because each character can have its own individuality.
    I can not see the point if you pay for extra characters on the same account, unless it only applies to character slots given when you first sign up to the game?

Thank you for your time
    DrOuttaSight
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were posts on here from ZOS saying it had to be done to reduce database information and improve performance, but a lot of players were not happy with the decision.

You can still fight those world bosses and get the XP and drops, but only one of your characters will get credit in achievements for it.

I guess the best reason to still have multiple characters is to try out other races and other classes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA