The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Journal of Palena Stormheart

Fester82
Fester82
✭✭
Screenshot_20220426_115516.png

For years after my run from summerset I wondered why as hard as i tried, i couldn't pull myself away from necromancy. The alluring power, hedonism, living outside the bounds of acceptable High elf behavior. I chose to put my desire into a study of history, a attempt to focus my thoughts onto something, that perhaps could be self destructive. The ayleids seemed very tempting to learn more of. A lot of their thoughts and way of life are similar to me. Power, pleasure, art, No matter what innocents it hurts if it pleases me, why shouldn't I? Death, the smell of death, blood and gore never bothered me, even when I know it should. Why? Maybe as I learn more about them I will learn more about myself?

First I need to locate books, knowledge about their language and society. What little I know of the ayleids, depending on where they were, they were vastly different. Some of them were similar to the altmers, in art and love, in knowledge and thoughts. Some where more like me, hedonism, doing whatever they wanted, blood and gore turned into art. Drugs, desires, power over others. Some where even worse, burning children alive just because they could. I guess there should be some lines you shouldn't cross I guess.

I think i need to start my quest at the mages guild, perhaps they can guide me to books I need. Books where I can learn to read their language, then books about their ruins and cultures. Now, begins something new. I have everything I need for the road I just need a destination. Going to the library in summerset perhaps, Its been 30 years since i've been there so if I don't draw attention to myself it should be fine, plus they have a vast library.

Off we go to a new journey, perhaps i'll write more when I am on the boat from betnik to the gold coast. Perhaps the boat from the gold coast to alinor, We shall See!

• Fester82
    Fester82
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20220430_111101.png
    It has been a week since I last wrote in my journal. I rode a boat from Betnik to the Anvil. I decided to stay a few days so when i got off the boat I wanted to rent a room for a few days but neither tavern had rooms to rent. So I ended up walking to Kvatch, it wasn't that far so I walked there, and rented a room at the Pious Intervention. While i was leaving the gate of anvil, I came across a pair of dark elves. They turned out to be brother and sister, they told me their Captain of the ship they chartered dropped them off here and left, when they paid to go to hammerfell. I do not know if they captain was just rude and crook. Possibly the dark elves are just brainless, how they expect to and I quote "Dungeon Delve" and not die or get lost is up to me. Most likely it is a little of both.

After a too long conversation they asked me to help them find jobs. The gall of these dumer is appalling. I just wanted to end the conversation so I offered to charter a ship for them. They seemed offended, telling me they aren't beggars but here they are, asking me to help them find jobs. Shameful way for any of altmer linage to act. The sister Kireth I think their last names were Vanos, its no matter. She told me she tried to work at a tavern but they kept grabbing her, so she broke their fingers. I do not like their culture or attitude, but I can not argue about why there were grabbing her. The brother raynor, for someone so smart he has no street smarts at all. I believe if it wasn't for his sister he would be found dead in a alley by now.

I felt sorry for them so I decided to help them. It would be my first good deed on this trip. He thinks he can work at a smithy. With those scrawny arms i decided to go to the bank instead. He is smarter then stronger so maybe he can help with the book work. I asked the servants at the bank who was in charge, they referred me upstairs to a lady by the name of Frunda. After some talking with the nord i got her to see it my way and give the dunmer a chance. With that being settled i made my way to a tavern, the sister said she liked to sing so I thought I would give it a shot and see what happened. I talked to the owner and told them that the sister can sing, with her voice and how she looks she could bring people into the tavern and earn more gold for the smelly place. My job being done I told the brother and sister that they had jobs and I could be on my way.
    Time to lay down and tour the area more tomorrow, perhaps I will see a arena match.
    Edited by Fester82 on April 30, 2022 3:12PM