The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best dps class for Argonians?

Dimski
Dimski
✭✭✭
I've been staying away from Argonians for a simple reason: They aren't meta for dps. Most build sites tell you what race is best for a particular build. But I am asking, what's the best dps class (mag or stam) for Argonians?
Obviously, there are the shadowscales, (stamblades) which are certainly fun.
I've seen them mentioned as magDKs.
What else do you enjoy playing as an Argonian damage dealer?
Bonus points if you have a link to an actual build somewhere.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their passives lend themselves to a mag build due to the 3 lots of increase max mag but even then other races get more.

Apart from that I don't think any of their passives really stand out as pushing a benefit on a DD role. Obviously healer is their strong suit with the bonuses to healing.

I would honestly say if you aren't looking to try and get into the uber 0.1% end game, you could go with whatever you find fun. I'm biased towards templar personally, with the added bonus that if you aren't a fan from the DD pov, you could change to healer and be very effective
    Soupy twist
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonians are a much better support race than a damage race. They are similar to Nords in that they can be niche DDs but are never going to be the go-to like a dark elf or khajit would be
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimski wrote: »
    I've been staying away from Argonians for a simple reason: They aren't meta for dps. Most build sites tell you what race is best for a particular build. But I am asking, what's the best dps class (mag or stam) for Argonians?
    Obviously, there are the shadowscales, (stamblades) which are certainly fun.
    I've seen them mentioned as magDKs.
    What else do you enjoy playing as an Argonian damage dealer?
    Bonus points if you have a link to an actual build somewhere.

If you're not playing support with an Argonian than it literally does not matter what DPS you choose to play. You're not going to find a serious 'Argonian' build for any class.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    With swallow soul argonians will heal more, or with Templars magicka jabs. The healing and resource skills seem more useful for survivability than dps. But if you give it a couple of years then there will be race changes. Maybe they will get a dps passive then.

I read that in the olden days they only got an increase to health and healing received. No stamina or magicka bonuses back then?
  • Dimski
    Dimski
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they are better suited for healing and tanking, there still has to be a dps build that's best for an Argonian. Or second-best, or third. It might be at rank #25 of the overall dps ranking, but it will be the best for Argonians. Even if it's just for fun.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Argonian potion passive (where you pick up extra magic and stamina by drinking potions) synergizes with Nightblade’s catalyst potion passive and executioner passive. There would be a lot of magicka AND stamina regeneration with an Argonian so you could drop incapacitating strike (the one every other nightblade is using on their front bar) and instead pick up soul harvest skill for the extra ultimate piling up with every kill.

The new set coming out for supports will also return extra ultimate, and nightblade could wind up using their ultimates very often, the cheap soul harvest adds 20% more single target for 6 seconds , or you could use meteor on the back bar more frequently or whichever ultimate looks good

The newest content on PTS also features a bit of swimming for what it’s worth
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonians aren't the best DPS race, but if you really want to be an Argonian it doesn't matter since the difference between races isn't a dealbreaker for any content in the game. Highest numbers on the dummy? No. Can complete any content in the game? Absolutely.
    EU PC
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say MagDK. Just because I can go with a fire build AND have a strong Argonian name like "Lites-his-farts"
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are sort of thinking about it backwards. The best DPS class is going to be the best DPS class in any given patch. The race is an afterthought. Regardless of class you choose, you wont beat say a dark elf in raw damage. If you arent attempting to push score, it simply doesnt matter. At most you are 4-5% behind a dark elf (that number might be a little dated). So if a Dark Elf is pulling a 100k, you are still going to be mid to high 90s.

From a theme perspective, couple options:

To me, shadow scale screams nightblade. NB needs a buff right now, and their rotations are harder than some others, but a good NB will always have a group as a DPS.

Argonian Dragonknight is also awesome with the whole lizard breathing fire thing. DKs are probably the best Bang for the Buck right now in DPS. They are not my highest parse currently, but they are the easiest to be in the 110k+ club.

Necromancer is my highest parse currently. You need to be very comfortable with bar swapping as blastbones is a 3 second skill (needs to be every third cast). They are currently best played as a hybrid, stacking into stamina, but using the magic morph of blastbones, so typically you stack into spell damage and run spell pots for the magic regen. Argonians have great sustain for both magic and stam, so they do tend to lend towards a hybrid type build.

Wardens and Templars would make sense if you want to lean into the support side of things, especially healer, with DPS as more of an afterthought.

Ultimately, none of the argonian passives do anything for damage, only sustain, nor do they favor one resources over another (magic vs stamina). Pick whatever class you want TBH.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on April 29, 2022 4:51PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to say MagDK. Just because I can go with a fire build AND have a strong Argonian name like "Lites-his-farts"

My firebreathing Argonian DK is named Bearzilla. Haha (but he is a tank)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine who exclusively plays stamdps Argonians has been able to hit high parses on pretty much all classes. Here are some of his parses:
    sorc.png?width=1118&height=411
    pogplar.png?width=1118&height=446
    asdsad.png?width=1118&height=412
    And he does amazing in trials, in dps, mechanics, and actually rez dead people.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Dimski
    Dimski
    ✭✭✭
    OMG. Great stuff. Thank you

• w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    The Argonian potion passive (where you pick up extra magic and stamina by drinking potions) synergizes with Nightblade’s catalyst potion passive and executioner passive. There would be a lot of magicka AND stamina regeneration with an Argonian so you could drop incapacitating strike (the one every other nightblade is using on their front bar) and instead pick up soul harvest skill for the extra ultimate piling up with every kill.

The new set coming out for supports will also return extra ultimate, and nightblade could wind up using their ultimates very often, the cheap soul harvest adds 20% more single target for 6 seconds , or you could use meteor on the back bar more frequently or whichever ultimate looks good

The newest content on PTS also features a bit of swimming for what it’s worth

I would add too that Argonians get extra healing off swallow Soul (as already mentioned above your post) but that using swallow soul as a Spammable generates additional ultimate from the transfer passive which grants 2 ulti every 4 seconds when a siphoning ability is used.

So your build has a lot of merit. May not be too DPS but the potential to spam soul harvest would be lots of fun.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My firebreathing Argonian DK is named Bearzilla. Haha (but he is a tank)

Nice LOL. Both of my tanks are argonians because I feel like I can cheat the sustain mechanics with their passive. But I've always wanted to have a fire damage themed Argonian named Lites-his-farts. It would pair well with another argonian named "Loves-Combustion" :D