The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Repeatable dungeon quests

ectoplasmicninja
ectoplasmicninja
✭✭✭✭✭
I run story mode dungeons as an event in my guild. We group up, pick a dungeon, and go through it slowly, listening to the dialogue, poking around all the nooks and crannies, looking up (I'm always surprised at how many places are actually outdoors), admiring the architecture, etc. But the inability to repeat quests really puts a damper on things. As a longtime player, I've done all the dungeons. I don't want to have to make new characters to experience the quest again, I'm already at 18/18 and most of them have also done all the dungeons already.

Plus when new dungeons come out I inevitably get them as a random and everyone else has apparently already done them to death on the PTS so it's mash E on dialogue and sprint to the boss. I know I have the option to not accept the quest or drop it/not turn it in at the end, but it only takes one time to forget and that content is lost forever on that character. Dungeons are unique in that if you want gear or achievements from them you have to do them repeatedly, so IMO their quests shouldn't be treated like regular story quests that can only be done once per character.

So I would like to suggest the ability to repeat dungeon quests. No need for an XP or gear reward for the quest itself, I just want to be able to experience the dialogue, the scenes, the narrative story of the dungeon again. I don't know if it would be difficult to implement, but I can't think of anything it would hurt.

Would anyone else be interested in this?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 9, 2023 8:47PM
PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge agree. I would love to do story runs of all the dungeons with friends, but it's very difficult to organize as-is.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice if some other are doing the quest you could join or listen in, for one you get an repeat and you also know how long it takes.
    No repeating the quest would not give any reward but pretty sure some got the quests butchered by some pug or they come in on the last boss and just accepted the quest.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would help in a dungeon like Volenfell to know where to go after you have already done the quest. I don’t run dungeons a lot and there is some backtracking in that one. Having the quest markers visible again would just make it easier because there is always someone in the group who goes the wrong way.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• krashd
    krashd
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope this becomes a thing because it really annoyed me to find out that the quests in dungeons could not be repeated. I have done many of the quests without thinking while just speeding through the dungeon with a stronger group, now I'll never know what the quests were actually about - or more importantly what the background of each dungeon is.

*sad panda*
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread, as it was last active April 2022. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.