The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2022: What's the best Healer class?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why do you say so?

2022: What's the best Healer class? 65 votes

Nightblade
1% 1 vote
Necromancer
6% 4 votes
Warden
43% 28 votes
Sorcerer
6% 4 votes
Templar
33% 22 votes
Dragon Knight
1% 1 vote
Other
7% 5 votes
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I chose the easiest and most intuitive for my style, rather than the best?
    I'd be interested to know whether people use Breton for sustain, High Elf in case they want to do dps when they get bored , or Argonian so they look cool. Does the race affect the class people choose? Probably not, I guess.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    Maybe I chose the easiest and most intuitive for my style, rather than the best?
    I'd be interested to know whether people use Breton for sustain, High Elf in case they want to do dps when they get bored , or Argonian so they look cool. Does the race affect the class people choose? Probably not, I guess.

I picked my races of healer based on what class they were going to be to stack passives. Khajitt Necro means better critical healing
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden > Templar > Necro > Nightblade > Sorc > DK

I main a Sorc healer :neutral: with ~200 days played. I'm too far in to switch now.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 25, 2022 11:10AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fun fact: High Elf and Dark Elf have more raw healing power than Argonian

258 Spell Damage + 2000 Max Magicka > 6% healing + 1000 Max Magicka

Many players assume Argonian makes the best healer.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 25, 2022 11:15AM
    PC NA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I main a Sorc healer :neutral: with ~200 days played. I'm too far in to switch now.

Don't forget to comment on negate magic thread too. There's still hope
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Okay for PvP Negate is very good I agree :smile:
    PC NA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Okay for PvP Negate is very good I agree :smile:

😢 Help the PvE friends
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For highly organized groups in relatively stationary fights: Warden>Necromancer>The Rest.

For Random Vet PuG Dungeons (which is most of what I do), I think the classes are a lot more balanced. I'm currently having the easiest time with my nightblade, but my sorcerer, dragonknight, and necromancer are pretty close behind, and I find my warden to be very difficult to use (because all of their heals require facing your target). I don't really heal with my templar, but they don't seem to have much to make them stand out other than premade group compositions (where you're basically counting on the healer to provide minor sorcery).
  • Snow_White
    Snow_White
    ✭✭✭
    In trials, Warden/Necro make a really powerful pair. The more prog the group the more Warden will contribute to survivability.

In 4 man I like Templar…. mostly because Extended Ritual let’s me spend more time focused on doing DPS.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Templar or Warden, it's close between them. Warden's have permanent access to Minor Toughness and Minor Vulnerability which makes them really useful on any team. Not to mention their Blue Betty + Mushrooms improve self and team sustain noticeably.

Templars on the other hand have access to a powerful cleanse, one thing which is totally absent from Warden skills (not including the self cleanse on Blue Betty) and instead of relying on Energy Orb which is slow and often moves away from the fight, they can drop Luminous Shards to contribute to DPS and restoring a larger amount of resources to the team. Both really good. Both also have great "Oh crap" healing ults.

• BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both a templar and a warden and honestly, I have to say templar is the best.

It could be that I've just played my templar healer for so much longer that I know him in and out, but healing on my templar is basically easy mode for me, and I don't have to pay as much attention to positioning as I do on my warden healer because of the directional heals. And I feel like if I get put in situations where the healer needs to add in additional DPS, I can do that no problem.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druids heal best in ESO.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entirely depends on the group composition.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer, hands down. Only class that can insta-resurrect and even do it on more than one person at a time.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played them all, and my magsorc is by far my favorite healer. It's a very resto staff driven healing class, but the Matriarch burst heal has come in clutch and saved the day more times than I can count.
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer, hands down. Only class that can insta-resurrect and even do it on more than one person at a time.

Resurrecting isn't really the healer's responsibility.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried using that mass resurrection a couple of times and it didn't work. Maybe it was lag. I was only trying to resurrect one person each time.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried using that mass resurrection a couple of times and it didn't work. Maybe it was lag. I was only trying to resurrect one person each time.

It's only for designated area
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you take raw healing NB get +8-10k on demand burst heal giving minor mending and a AOE ult giving around +30k under 4s due to it giving major vitality

And thats me using those skill as a max health tank, though I play a tank-healer hybrid

But the healer role is more that just numbers, its skill giving ressource, buffs and doing some damage on top
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on April 29, 2022 9:28PM