The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zeal of Zenithar Event Info from ESO-hub

Wolfkeks
Wolfkeks
✭✭✭✭✭
The Dwemer automat posted an update regarding the new event in June.

From the website:

Zeal of Zenithar is a new ingame event in the Elder Scrolls Online that will occur in June 2022.

During the event, you will be able to earn reward boxes, known as Zenithar’s Delightful Parcels, by completing various in-game tasks. Here are all of the ways that you can earn these boxes:

• Complete a daily Crafting Writ (limited to one per day)
• Complete a Master Writ (no daily limit)
• Complete rounds of group arenas, namely Dragonstar Arena and Blackrose Prison while grouped with someone who is a member of one of your guilds.
• Defeat a group boss or world event while grouped with someone who is a member of one of your guilds.
• Participate in Legerdemain activities such as pickpocketing, opening strongboxes or Thieves’ Troves.

Zenithar’s Delightful Parcels are similar to the boxes earned during the Undaunted Celebration event. The first Parcel you get each day will be of gold quality, and will contain better rewards.
You can get a multitude of rewards from the Parcels, including the following items:

• Outfit pages for the High Rock Spellsword style (only drops from the gold quality Parcels)
• Crafting materials, provisioning ingredients, alchemy reagents, and enchanting runestones.
• Crafting Motifs.
• Crafting tempers (such as Tempering alloy, Rosin etc.)
• Research boosters
• Repair kits, including AvA repair kits and Group repair kits
• Furnishing and provisioning recipes
Imperial City vault keys
• Treasure maps and crafting survey reports.
• Currency pouches, which have a small chance to contain a jackpot amount of the currency.
• Gear for your companions.

Once per day, you can earn three event tickets per account by completing the daily event quest, Honest Toil. As usual in events, these tickets can be traded for special items by visiting the Impresario merchant. The merchant can be found in Daggerfall in Glenumbra, Vulkel Guard in Auridon, or Davon's Watch in Stonefalls.

We don't yet know exactly what the Impresario will be selling during the event, but we will update this page as soon as we have this information.

https://eso-hub.com/en/events/zeal-of-zenithar

I really like the idea of doing things with my guildies and getting goodies. Def gonna run arenas with them, haven't done that in a while. Also I see an incentive to do my master writs - I have way too many of them lying around my bank.
It's also a nice idea adding crafting materials and tempers as people always need them. Looks like a nice event ☺️
Edited by Wolfkeks on April 22, 2022 5:11PM
"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if i like no limit on master writs... It will push prices up like crazy.
    Time to save them i guess.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to join more guilds......

that said...I really really like that aspect of the event.

Now if only I could rep a guild without having my carefully crafted outfit over written.....and now to challenge myself to making the guild tabard look cool so I can swap to that outfit for these events. Challenge accepted!
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really a fan of needing to be grouped with guildies to get rewards...

Some people aren't in guilds, some people play alone, some people are in guilds but aren't social in them, some people play on off-hours when guilds are very quiet, and so on...

Yep. Not a fan.

Guess I'll stockpile my writs between now and then.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    I dont know if i like no limit on master writs... It will push prices up like crazy.
    Time to save them i guess.
    Yeah, it should be the other way around with no limit for regular daily Crafting Writs.. because those actually have limit - 7 per day / per character.

And the need to be grouped for a world boss or a dolmen... who came up with that ? That means that a camped boss who dies in less than 2 minutes will only award 12 guild players... and the rests who participated in the fight get nothing...

Also, I do wonder what "Participate in Legerdemain activities" means. Guaranteed chance for a box or 0,1% ? ? ?

I hope some one from ZOS dev team will use this thread as a feedback and change some things before the event. Also one important thing. Event Fatigue. I know Jubilee ended... but I still feel it.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    I'm not really a fan of needing to be grouped with guildies to get rewards...

Some people aren't in guilds, some people play alone, some people are in guilds but aren't social in them, some people play on off-hours when guilds are very quiet, and so on...

Yep. Not a fan.

Guess I'll stockpile my writs between now and then.

Me too - month and a half, and on 7 50s (spread across 2 accounts both pc megaservers) I generally get 15 or so master writs a week of various kinds (though some of them are ones I don't do - the ones with IC sets, the ones with the very expensive mats or very expensive motifs I don't know yet), but saving them up should still be reasonably effective.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on April 22, 2022 7:11PM
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one hopes they will include the Thieves Guild heist dailies.
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    some people hate being with other people lol but the thing is this mmo lol .. if anything .. its up to the player and agree with this.. i also agree with the other side too because iwant to be nice to everyone..
    see the game is wonderful and people are who they are can not change a person but its up to them and me to be who iam too.. so really iam diffrent i have ilnesses and i act weird beacuse of them andi get ignored,, because i type diffrent than others. and to me it not that it makes me sad .. it makes me mad more than anything lol-- but
    if you dont know anyone and not willing to i learnt that need to talk to people to get to know someone..
    so how you ment to know people if never get to talk to people or be apart of a group.. its odd too me..
    iam socail happy pet loving person.. and love making friends..
    this game is odd .. and it depends on when your on.. time in a way.. if on in morning get more nicer people but still dont talk in zone.. or other.. chats.. why no idea.. if dont tell me your coming then if the other start or i do then .. well its own fault for not telling me your coming lol..
    this thought not a complaint..
    the thing is introverted people can be introverted all they want..butttt if you crying because you dont have any frineds.. and or people in guild and so on then its not anyone elses fault oaky just saying ..
    the thing is people need to be social more in my mind anyways beacuse this is a mmo multi role playing game..meaning many people group playing game .. activities that require you to do things.. if dont like doing thses things fine.. -- i guess- but if moan to me about the game not my fualt ..okay lol
    hehe
    i try too see it from both sides.. and its up to everyone to do what they want its life..
    can no eat cake then moan about it lol..
    like most trolls and moaners today.. they moan about games even before they come out or even before movie comes outlol..
    humans are weird creatures lol
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    This one hopes they will include the Thieves Guild heist dailies.

this would be cool
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be nice for Caturday. We do event things together if there is an event going on.

And yes better save up some master writs!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems weird to me that an event named after the Divine of Hard Work and Commerce would only let you do one crafting writ daily per day for rewards, yet sounds like you get rewarded all the time for...criminal stuff? The last I was aware, Zenithar had nothing to do with stealing or pickpocketing.
    Edited by Arunei on April 22, 2022 9:46PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I just double-checked because it was annoying me, Zenithar specifically and empathically tells his followers not to steal, so why does this event include stealing? It goes against what the spirit of the event should be.

Screenshot_20220422-162359-488.png

Screenshot_20220422-162753-721.png

Screenshot_20220422-162841-121.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    I can understand not wanting this to be basically a copy of the Jubilee with people spamming writs, but literally the only thing on that list that applies to Zenithar is the daily writs and Master Writs. I guess you could say beating WBs could count because it could fall under hunting as someone's way of earning money, but where does the need to group fit in? This event should have been attributed to another of the Breton pantheon if you wanted to avoid people doing a bunch of writs. A friend suggested calling it Celebration of the Divines, and different aspects of each God/Goddesses' influence could have given tickets and/or rewards:

Arkay: Reviving other players (each one would need to be unique so you couldn't cheese rewards by swapping rezzes with a friend all day)

Julianos: Collecting Skyshards and Lorebooks, reading Motif chapters/whole books/recipes

Dibella: Harvesting specific flowers that might be considered beautiful like Corn Flower or Columbine

Magnus: Doing Mages Guild dailies

Stendarr: Any of those little things were you help people, like saving people from bandits or lighting a fire

Zenithar: Master Writs, Fighters Guild/Undaunted dailies (those could also be considered hunting and earning your money for honest work by helping out those who can't fight strong monsters or bandits and stuff)

I couldn't think of something for every Divine, and obviously some of these wouldn't work for people who've already done everything like getting all the Lorebooks or doing all the "help these people out" things. They were just examples really, of the kind of things we could have gotten rewards for if they wanted to avoid everyone just banging out crafting writs the whole event again.
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess that the limitation of 1 coffer per day for crafting writs is because we just had an event where players who have a lot of characters could farm large numbers of coffers each day just by doing crafting writs.

The unlimited coffers for doing master writs is going to be a good incentive for me to finally get busy on all the master writs cluttering up my bank account and storage chests. I'll probably have to go shopping for a lot of motif pages I haven't learned yet, but that's also something I've been needing to do.

I've got mixed feelings about having to be grouped with a guild member for world bosses. It's good to see incentive given to encourage players to join guilds and actively participate in them. Personally, I've always been better at the joining part than the active participation part, because I play solo most of the time, plus I might be playing at times of the day or night when there are few guild members on-- and when they are on, they're usually more interested in grouping for things I haven't been very keen on, such as daily random dungeons, or arenas, or trials. But I recently decided to stop grinding daily crafting writs on all of my characters, so that means I'm free to join up with other players instead of feeling like I need to bow out so I can spend 2 hours cycling through all of my characters on 2 servers checking mail, checking research progress, doing crafting writs, and going through the rewards afterward.

The pickpocketing and strongboxes should be fun, but I wonder if that's for any such activity or whether it needs to be done as part of a Thieves Guild daily? I'm going to guess the former, since the latter would require having access to Hews Bane and the Thieves Guild-- although I don't think Thieves Troves can be looted unless you have the Thieves Guild DLC, so there's that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they want to induce us to do master writs, this definitely should be a double XP event.

Otherwise people will likely keep hoarding master writs until a double XP time comes around.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If might end up being like Jester Festival, where only the once-per-day gold coffer had anything worthwhile. If you didn't get a Second Seed page or Princess Pig fragment from that gold coffer, you were not getting one that day. The purple coffers for rest of day were almost always junk. So I would not worry about master writs and guild grouping and heists yet. It may be everyone logs in, does a daily writ for gold coffer and event tickets, then you are done.
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A event based on the god of honest and fair work that rewards thieving activities. At least try to have some consistency in your world?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you knew Zenithar from TES2:Daggerfall, you'd know that his followers are not always honest and fair in their dealings. For instance, they will happily ask you to go assassinate someone for them-- and, oh yes, you might want to leave town afterward because the assassination wasn't sanctioned by The Dark Brotherhood, who have now added you to their list of people they're most likely to attack. :)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    If you knew Zenithar from TES2:Daggerfall, you'd know that his followers are not always honest and fair in their dealings. For instance, they will happily ask you to go assassinate someone for them-- and, oh yes, you might want to leave town afterward because the assassination wasn't sanctioned by The Dark Brotherhood, who have now added you to their list of people they're most likely to attack. :)
    Wasn't a lot of stuff from Daggerfall reconned and no longer considered canon? Or maybe it was Arena, I can never remember.

Either way, while his followers might not always stick to his word, Zenithar himself still says "hey guys don't steal or get your money in other shady ways". It doesn't make sense to reward people for doing activities the Divine the event is dedicated to very clearly tells people not to do.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it one crafting writ per day per character - or just one per account?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to join more guilds......

that said...I really really like that aspect of the event.

Now if only I could rep a guild without having my carefully crafted outfit over written.....and now to challenge myself to making the guild tabard look cool so I can swap to that outfit for these events. Challenge accepted!

Join the cape movement. It's what we need.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What will be the event in May? Since this what you posted is in June.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cool event, any event that makes me do stuff with my friends is cool in my books and the rewards look pretty decent. That's why I love the anniversary and Whitestrake Mayhem events.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I would have saved all the master writs I used during the anniversary event had I known about this.

Oh well. They're already being stockpiled again from crafting writs so I'll have plenty by then. Neat event concept--I might be able to get a world boss group together in guild.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's no event at all in May.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No event in May. There are only 2 events in Q2, which is why anniversary event introduced 2 of the 3 pieces of Aurielic Quasigriff.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the guild requirement for an event, to put it mildly. I'm not in a guild, and do not like to feel forced to be in one. If that will make me miss out on event loot, I will not be happy!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the main "gold box" drop is just from the first activity of the day, I'm somewhat fine with "have to be in a guild" tasks that I won't participate in. The one crafting writ a day is all I'll need.

Depends on how the tickets are dropped, I suppose. And if there's anything worth buying in the Impressario.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I think there's no event at all in May.
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

No event in May. There are only 2 events in Q2, which is why anniversary event introduced 2 of the 3 pieces of Aurielic Quasigriff.

Thanks for your answers :) Nice to have a month without any event.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t this double XP, team? It’s standard for all events? Double XP gives everyone something to look forward to.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least we got a break from them for a month. That's good.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t this double XP, team? It’s standard for all events? Double XP gives everyone something to look forward to.

No, double XP isn't a standard thing, although a lot of players wish it were. Some events have double XP, but many do not.

And some events have double AP-- PvP events, of course.

There are also some events that have increased yields from nodes-- not "double drops" per se, although a lot of players refer to it that way, but rather (as I understand it) "double draws," meaning it's like harvesting two of the same kind of node, where each of those two draws can itself be a single or double draw depending on your CP passives, so the end result can be like harvesting two, three, or four of that particular node type at the same time. Each draw can give you different results, which is most easily seen when harvesting Enchanting nodes, which could give you several copies of a few different runes, or a few copies of several different runes. It's a bit difficult to explain.