The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Soul Blast bug in Banished Cells I

m4lenov
m4lenov
This issue exists for at least a year now but I suspect it's older. When the kinlord casts soul blast and you're in melee range, it sometimes (pretty often actually) doesn't have animation and you just get damage instantly without any chance to block/dodge. This makes soloing it in Vet mode really hard.
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the cast time is 0.1 sec plus the projectile flight time. For a melee, it's almost instantly. this is a feature, not bug.
    Edited by aleksandr_ESO on April 22, 2022 3:57PM
  • m4lenov
    m4lenov
    For a melee, it's almost instantly

No, the problem is that it doesn't even has an animation. Literally. You get shot BEFORE you was able to see the animation. And there aren't even 0.1s. I installed every addon that notifies these casts and they all can't work every time. I can upload the bug on YouTube if you still don't believe me.
  • m4lenov
    m4lenov
    m4lenov wrote: »
    they all can't work every time
    (By this I meant that they work with only a part of casts, so not every time)
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    By (poor) design, I think it has zero animation or cast time and ignores taunt, ie ESO's version of 360 noscope. I recently spammed vet hm pledge x18 chars as a duo on BC1 and my tip is just to start strafing out of the red puddle once it spawns, and roll dodge once you escape the edge. Usually that is the exact timing that soul blast hits. If not, at least you are outside the red puddle and won't die.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll get a feel for the timing, so you just block cast or dodge roll when it's about to happen.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a time based skill so it's easier to count out the time until the next one and dodge or block in advance. I'd call it a major design flaw compared to how most other boss skills in the game work, especially considering it doesn't factor taunts.

No interrupt sparks
    No red circle

No animation cue until it's too late of and you will often be hit before you see it coming. If you try and dodge, you will sometimes just be locked into place mid dodge and hit anyway. It's a cheese move that does have workarounds, but it doesn't make it less cheesy.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 22, 2022 9:39PM
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For a melee, it's almost instantly

No, the problem is that it doesn't even has an animation.
    0.1 sec. what are you going to look at? you can only see the projectile flight animation if you are standing in range position.
    Cast + flight.

• m4lenov
    m4lenov
    0.1 sec. what are you going to look at?
    Cast.
    You just answered your question :)
    I wouldn't make this thread if there was like tiny cast animation every time or if there was none at all, but the problem is, you sometimes get to see it and sometimes you don't.
  • m4lenov
    m4lenov
    It's a time based skill
    Didn't know this and well that changes a lot, thanks!
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue exists for at least a year now but I suspect it's older. When the kinlord casts soul blast and you're in melee range, it sometimes (pretty often actually) doesn't have animation and you just get damage instantly without any chance to block/dodge. This makes soloing it in Vet mode really hard.

It's a 4 man dungeon. It's not meant to be soloed.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo BC1 on normal routinely and have come to the conclusion that the best tactic is to totally ignore that skill. Get hit, get up, keep fighting. I've found trying to predict, read, block, etc vs that skill is simply a decrease in dps. Of course that is why I run normal. If it is an instakill on vet, I won't be soloing that! Lol. As @redspecter23 said, it is a poor skill that seems designed simply to make the dungeon less fun. Especially coming at the end of the dungeon run, it turns an otherwise enjoyable dungeon into dislikeable since there is really nothing you can reliably and reasonably do vs that skill.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He will always cast this skill after putting down the fire circles, and what I've found is to block when that mechanic goes off and wait till he finishes the blast to continue.

It also quite often hits you while block-casting (which is probably a bug), so to guarantee you don't get knocked back, just hold block for a sec before resuming your rotation.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    0.1 sec. what are you going to look at?
    Cast.
    You just answered your question :)
    I wouldn't make this thread if there was like tiny cast animation every time or if there was none at all, but the problem is, you sometimes get to see it and sometimes you don't.

one more time: the duration of the animation depends on your distance from the boss. this is not a bug
  • m4lenov
    m4lenov
    the duration of the animation depends on your distance from the boss. this is not a bug

The distance between me and the enemy is never zero but the duration is. Your answers do not make sense.
    One more time: 0.1 sec is not 0 sec.
    Edited by m4lenov on April 30, 2022 2:01AM