The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unique issue with PVP asynchrony?

SechsPistole
Hello dear community, I just don't know what to do anymore and ask for your help. I've been trying to solve the pvp desync problem for 4 years without success. I think I'm having a unique type of async problem. No matter what you call it, whether asynchronous, lag, delay or desync, I have the problem. Most of the people I've written to about this issue ingame have said they only have this lag in Cyrodiil. It's different for me, most of the time I play in Imperial City and BG. It doesn't matter if I'm playing in the morning when nothing is going on or in the evening ... always the same problem. Ultis constantly don't go out or miss, even though I'm next to it. I'm sometimes killed by 6 Executioners (skills) even though I only see one. I get hit with single cell skills all the time in the dodge roll. When playing 1vsX and running around walls, objects and being chased by players. I get hit by a skill shortly after turning behind a wall. I am constantly getting hit with out of range Duskbreaker and other aoe skills. If I e.g. B. do 8k damage with a skill, it does not go down at all or extremely late at the opponent's HP bar. I guess the game is about 0.8 -3 seconds asynchronous for me. A confusing swing still hits me after what feels like 25 meters. I could go on forever, but I think you get what I mean now. An acquaintance of mine from the forum said: that the server and the 16-year-old netcode are prioritized between the players. Lots of packets are discarded for the players who are not prioritized. To ask?
This means that not only my synchronicity is affected, but also your damage, armor values, sustain, percentage calculation, skills and and and. Tanks of mine burst with only a few hits despite blocking, 47k HP and 45k resistances. And the worst thing is that my skills almost never hit (about 1/4) and their damage is not calculated! Even my proc sets are sometimes not calculated by the opponent. Well at least I have no problems in PVE. But as soon as I entered PvP, all players run in fast motion. My opponents can not only do one skill + light attack per second, but 3-5 sills in one second xD As I said, the game is incredibly asynchronous for me.

What I have done so far to solve the problem:
-The tips from customer support (DNS server emptied, add-ons disabled and deleted. Really updated all drivers, port released, etc.) Doesn't help and the tips are ridiculous
-Internet provider changed from 1&1 16000 to Fairspeed 50000
- Changed from dynamic IP to a static IP. Only fixed error 334 :)
- tested with different modems and routers. From FRITZ!Box 7362 SL to FRITZ!Box 7590 to netgear nighthawk xr500 router
-Switched from WiFi to LAN
-Internet speed tested
- Reduced ingame friends and dropped out of guilds
- tested different graphics settings
-all characters tested
-Tested on 2 PCs and laptop
- Bought a new gaming Pc, ESO runs at about 220 FPS and has a ping of 65!

Data to the PC:
(Processor: Intel Core i9-10900KF (10x 3.70 - 5.30GHz; 125W)
Processor cooler: 120mm radiator - Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT - RGB pump
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz (4x 8 GB) - Crucial Ballistix
Graphics Card: 12GB GDDR6X - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - ASUS TUF Gaming OC
Intel Z490: GIGABYTE Z490M (Chipset: Z490 / mATX)
M.2 SSD: 2TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
(Read: 3500MB/s / Write: 3300MB/s)
PSU: 1250 Watt - Chieftec Navitas GPM-1250C - 80+ Gold / Partially Modular
Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 64Bit OEM )

Unfortunately, none of that really helped :( I would be very grateful if you have ideas for me or can help me in other ways :) I apologize if some vocabulary is wrong and the grammar is wrong. I used google translator. Oh and please don't call me skill, I have almost 2000 hours of pvp experience...
Thanks in advance :smile:
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello dear community, I just don't know what to do anymore and ask for your help. I've been trying to solve the pvp desync problem for 4 years without success.

Unfortunately, none of that really helped
    Basically, @ZOS_ is trying to help soon: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1
  • toni.mottab16_ESO
    Hello dear community, I just don't know what to do anymore and ask for your help. I've been trying to solve the pvp desync problem for 4 years without success. I think I'm having a unique type of async problem. No matter what you call it, whether asynchronous, lag, delay or desync, I have the problem. Most of the people I've written to about this issue ingame have said they only have this lag in Cyrodiil. It's different for me, most of the time I play in Imperial City and BG. It doesn't matter if I'm playing in the morning when nothing is going on or in the evening ... always the same problem. Ultis constantly don't go out or miss, even though I'm next to it. I'm sometimes killed by 6 Executioners (skills) even though I only see one. I get hit with single cell skills all the time in the dodge roll. When playing 1vsX and running around walls, objects and being chased by players. I get hit by a skill shortly after turning behind a wall. I am constantly getting hit with out of range Duskbreaker and other aoe skills. If I e.g. B. do 8k damage with a skill, it does not go down at all or extremely late at the opponent's HP bar. I guess the game is about 0.8 -3 seconds asynchronous for me. A confusing swing still hits me after what feels like 25 meters. I could go on forever, but I think you get what I mean now. An acquaintance of mine from the forum said: that the server and the 16-year-old netcode are prioritized between the players. Lots of packets are discarded for the players who are not prioritized. To ask?
    This means that not only my synchronicity is affected, but also your damage, armor values, sustain, percentage calculation, skills and and and. Tanks of mine burst with only a few hits despite blocking, 47k HP and 45k resistances. And the worst thing is that my skills almost never hit (about 1/4) and their damage is not calculated! Even my proc sets are sometimes not calculated by the opponent. Well at least I have no problems in PVE. But as soon as I entered PvP, all players run in fast motion. My opponents can not only do one skill + light attack per second, but 3-5 sills in one second xD As I said, the game is incredibly asynchronous for me.

What I have done so far to solve the problem:
    -The tips from customer support (DNS server emptied, add-ons disabled and deleted. Really updated all drivers, port released, etc.) Doesn't help and the tips are ridiculous
    -Internet provider changed from 1&1 16000 to Fairspeed 50000
    - Changed from dynamic IP to a static IP. Only fixed error 334 :)
    - tested with different modems and routers. From FRITZ!Box 7362 SL to FRITZ!Box 7590 to netgear nighthawk xr500 router
    -Switched from WiFi to LAN
    -Internet speed tested
    - Reduced ingame friends and dropped out of guilds
    - tested different graphics settings
    -all characters tested
    -Tested on 2 PCs and laptop
    - Bought a new gaming Pc, ESO runs at about 220 FPS and has a ping of 65!

Data to the PC:
    (Processor: Intel Core i9-10900KF (10x 3.70 - 5.30GHz; 125W)
    Processor cooler: 120mm radiator - Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT - RGB pump
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz (4x 8 GB) - Crucial Ballistix
    Graphics Card: 12GB GDDR6X - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - ASUS TUF Gaming OC
    Intel Z490: GIGABYTE Z490M (Chipset: Z490 / mATX)
    M.2 SSD: 2TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD
    (Read: 3500MB/s / Write: 3300MB/s)
    PSU: 1250 Watt - Chieftec Navitas GPM-1250C - 80+ Gold / Partially Modular
    Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 64Bit OEM )

Unfortunately, none of that really helped :( I would be very grateful if you have ideas for me or can help me in other ways :) I apologize if some vocabulary is wrong and the grammar is wrong. I used google translator. Oh and please don't call me skill, I have almost 2000 hours of pvp experience...
    Thanks in advance :smile:

Lol you basically described the same problem I have with this game. I only play BGs.
    It's very frustrating...

I also checked/tried everything....but it doesn't change anything. Have you checked your jitter?
    Edited by toni.mottab16_ESO on April 24, 2022 5:50AM
  • SechsPistole
    It's really just embarrassing that nothing has happened since 2014. And looking at Zos' post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1 , my hopes are fading. I've done so much, tried so much, even though I know full well it's because of the server and the ancient netcode.

@toni.mottab16_ESO
    what do you mean by jitter?
  • toni.mottab16_ESO
    Use
    It's really just embarrassing that nothing has happened since 2014. And looking at Zos' post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/595442/eso-pvp-update-january-2022/p1 , my hopes are fading. I've done so much, tried so much, even though I know full well it's because of the server and the ancient netcode.

@toni.mottab16_ESO
    what do you mean by jitter?

Use the cloudflare Speedtest. There you get information about your connection. Also about jitter