The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need proper couch furnishings.

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
Just finished the preview video for the High Isle furnishings and in the middle of my disappointment it dawned on me: We really don't have proper couches in game. Sure we have the redguard one and the new Breton one in HI, but they're dainty Chippendale looking things.

We need a series of big proper lie down couches; the kind you can pass out and sleep on. Heck, ZOS could even do a wood elf themed leather couch considering the unpopularity of Bosmeri stuff.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5qxcc9z1duun.png

This one is by @bayushi2005 - and one by me, just put two beds at an angle.

pd2r71rcu583.png
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same idea as that second picture, using 2 Orcish Bedding, Stone for the seat and 2 Orcish Bedding, Fur at an angle for the back. I was trying to create a day bed for my Nord to take naps at her Old Mistveil Manor home.

01mxrzsm5qxt.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on April 24, 2022 5:25AM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @StabbityDoom that Elsweyr couch is awesome! I have never crafted one because I hate the way they look so hard and uncomfortable, but adding those cushions really dresses them up! I have to try it!

Thank you
    :)

Is that by chance a pool table behind it? Lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I also sometimes have the impression that our heroes are not allowed to lie down on a comfortable couch after a hard adventure, as few as there are in the game... And the same goes for pillows, why have we been getting since the release from Elsweyr no new pillows?
    Sometimes I like to "sink" certain beds into the floor, which are also a nice couch replacement imho.
    eb2jeic15wca.jpg
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are so right! I love the new couch we're getting with High Isle, with the blue cushions, but there are no couches you can just lay down and go to sleep on (well, if your toon could actually lay down on a couch in the game). Every year I'm disappointed that there are so few seating options that even have cushions. I wish the devs would make more comfy furniture!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom that Elsweyr couch is awesome! I have never crafted one because I hate the way they look so hard and uncomfortable, but adding those cushions really dresses them up! I have to try it!

Thank you
    :)

Is that by chance a pool table behind it? Lol

Yes, here's a couple (creator names in each pic at top except for last one, which is by @zendyra)

d3po6azbtqeh.png
    81dzf792uvcn.png
    2r7z7ibthsix.png
    4smcg55xhi69.png

Yes, I agree, the cushions make that couch usable!
    Edited by StabbityDoom on April 24, 2022 12:32PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...well, if your toon could actually lay down on a couch in the game...

Actually they can with the /sleep emote. It's difficult to line up just right, though.
    PCNA
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are so right! I love the new couch we're getting with High Isle, with the blue cushions, but there are no couches you can just lay down and go to sleep on (well, if your toon could actually lay down on a couch in the game). Every year I'm disappointed that there are so few seating options that even have cushions. I wish the devs would make more comfy furniture!

Thank you for your kind words. Honestly my biggest hopes is that we would get both 2 and 3 seaters in various cultural styles. As stated above, I feel Wood Elf style couches would be especially popular given their propensity for leather if done right. Many in my housing guild agree that the carved bone/ivory legs and metal fittings on their furniture are exquisite, but lament the leather is drab and oddly shaped. The whole style is arguably the one that needs an overhaul the most out of the 10 basic cultural types.

I also appreciate the input and contributions of everyone else in the thread so far, many are quite creative!