The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc best Solo PVP Class?!

Extrawelt
Extrawelt
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eGE6lRwGN0

I´m always astonished by the Strenght of Magicka Sorcerers in PVP, especially in 1vX Situations!
Build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqos7Fmi9mk&t=272s
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

must have been a tough night to name mag sorc the best class (any content)
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is still a decent pugstomping class, which excells at mobility, but that's it. You can run and choose your fights, overlaod burst one enemy, then rinse and repeat. But otherwise the class is rather weak. And even compared to stamblade, which kind of functions similarly, magsorc is probably the weaker choice, since stamblade has it way easier to kill opponents with their caluurion, incap, suprise attack and bow burst. In even fights, like open world 1v1 encounters magsorc mostly underperforms though compared to magdk, magcro and magplar. If you use one defensive set, you wont die when constanly applying shields, hots and like dark deal, but you also wont kill anything with seôme decent pvp skill.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a guy with common sense lol. Mag Sorc is great at killing people who are terrible and its great for running away. Other than that, class is lacking in so many areas. Sustain for mag and stam, defensively its so weak. We are forced to run in most circumstances to survive as sheilds have been gutted and our only good heal comes from a pet which can die. Everything else has been buffed and Mag Sorc has just been left. It only needs a few adjustments. Nothing major.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MDK best solo PVP class, followed by nearly everyone else.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc is a good PVE DPS.

Other than that it's just a class which has Lightning and Storm in some its abilities

I discovered that I can catch another streaking mag sorc with my own just by sprinting using armor passives and cp.

I discovered that I can never die to another mag sorc after discovering the roll dodge tree

I discovered that when a mag sorc streaks through me, i get free cc immunity without taking any damage.

I discovered that my mag sorc is a very good crafter.

I discovered that farming mag sorcs is the easiest AP in the game and the best way to solo high MMR bg's

• Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing a MagSorc for years, but not a meta follower nor do I try to 1vX, that is for tryhards. I generally have a 80:1 kill ratio and KB streaks in the 30's. But yeah, MagSorcs are garbage if you play the builds you find on the web. Oh, as an aside, I burn down most tank builds no problem after I fill my ulti off them.

Edited by Gaeliannas on April 26, 2022 4:54AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    Been playing a MagSorc for years, but not a meta follower nor do I try to 1vX, that is for tryhards. I generally have a 80:1 kill ratio and KB streaks in the 30's. But yeah, MagSorcs are garbage if you play the builds you find on the web. Oh, as an aside, I burn down most tank builds no problem after I fill my ulti off them.

i would love to see ur 80:1 ratio on ur lifetime stats, must be impressive...
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to main magsorc. You simply won't die if you don't want to die, but it's just not as fun as other playstyles imo. It's also not fun to fight against one, I usually just walk away from them until they find someone else to mess with.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The class has all the basic tools needed, and is good enough for 90% of what you see open world, but it has been passed by in terms of capability. It's passives, playstyle are out of date. For example, combine all of Sorc's sustain passives and skills, and they are completely outclassed by a single DK sustain passive. Everyone is as fast as a sorc now.

That said, hybridization. There are no mag sorcs or stam sorcs. You can leverage the class to do some interesting things now.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    The class has all the basic tools needed, and is good enough for 90% of what you see open world, but it has been passed by in terms of capability. It's passives, playstyle are out of date. For example, combine all of Sorc's sustain passives and skills, and they are completely outclassed by a single DK sustain passive. Everyone is as fast as a sorc now.

That said, hybridization. There are no mag sorcs or stam sorcs. You can leverage the class to do some interesting things now.

You can leverage the hybrid stuff, but once you start doing that for a sorc build you are basically just playing a stam sorc, which already used a large mix of stam and mag skills. True mag sorcs are still kind of stuck with max mag, maybe max spell damage if you forgo shields.

I think the biggest issue with a Magsorc at the moment is they lack sustained pressure and most of their skills can be dodged. So you end up in a spot where you can keep distance and drain resources but you can't really burst down anyone who is properly built or aware they are in a fight. Which is why it leads to the illusion that they are still really strong because where most people face them visibly, in BGs, they are relying on pressure from other players and the execute. Unless they are facing someone really bad or unprepared, a mag sorc fight is either going to end up a stalemate or the mag sorc dead.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

i would love to see ur 80:1 ratio on ur lifetime stats, must be impressive...

There are lifetime stats? They wouldn't be that high anyways, I was talking lately. It took me quite a long time practicing to git gud, even longer to learn to flow with the lag and use it to my advantage when possible.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The only way you’re getting an 80 to 1 kill ratio on a mag Sorc is if you’re a negate-DC bot in a healing ball group.

That’s not running around actually getting into fights with other decent players. Good players don’t chase ball groups. Humping the leg of a dozen wardens and templars while spamming rapid regen doesn’t make Sorc a good class.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they just made Crystal Frags undodgeable (still blockable) I think it would go a long way towards making MagSorc gameplay feel a lot better. Have a channel time AND it missing 90% of the time even when you get the (only worthwhile) proc'ed version SUCKS. And now that they're nerfing proc chance anyway it's some absolute BS. There is literally no reason to play a MagSorc anymore when StamSorc is SO MUCH better and now is getting our one good thing (the proc'ed frags).
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if they just gave magsorc the same sustain as a DK.

Or maybe if our class heal wasn’t tied to a double bar pet that does, DK heals up to full just fine.

• AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few ideas.

Haunting curse provides minor breach to a target when active on them instead of blowing up for a second time

Frags is now stuns or is undodgeable or goes through block and will always proc the Magicka status effect on a target

Bound Aegis max magicka increase reduced to 5% but now also increases max stamina to help with hybridisation.

Mages wrath and morphs is now within 3 seconds and instead of 4 but is now 30% health instead of 20% and increased its damage by 10% to help finish targets at 30% health.

Streak base cost increased by 10% and its increased penalty is now 50% instead of 33%
    However the range of streak is increased by 25%
    (This would people use streak more effectively and strategicly instead of mindless spamming it to evade a fight)

Energy Overload now costs 60 or 70 per but will do an extra 10 or 20% damage if damaging a target who has recently ( like 2 to 5 seconds ) been damaged by your own Sorcerer abilities. This would stop people mindlessly spamming this ability doing insane amount of damage with such ease and desyncs. It would help empathise learning to do an actual combination and be rewarded for it in compensation.

ALL sheilds has a direct increase of 20% to help better light armour magicka sorcerers hold there own more in a fight with less emphasis on using streak to completely evade combat entirely.

Harness magicka now also provides stamina to help with hybridisation

Dampen Magicka now directly increases sheild size rather than increases the CAP

Healing ward now provides up to 200% extra size depending on the severity of the targets wounds but only provides 20% healing

Light armour now provides 66 critical resistance per piece worn and increases sheild size by 1% per piece worn (light armour is actually garbage) it already provides the least resistance especially in terms of physical resistance and we get an increased damage taken by stamina users. Gankers can completely destroy shields and blow through your HP like its a wet piece of paper. Other classes can utilise block unlike a shield user so the critical resistance would help this problem. Or just literally take away the increased physical damage taken.

Meteor and morphs (mages guild) now has a quicker impact time and has a bigger aeo to help with the logic that everyother ultimate is almost instant and that its literally a meteor. It should be really quick and have a big aoe. And If a target is blocking whilst being hit with this ability it deals an extra 10% more damage and drains 20% more stamina. Its a meteor. Just think about the logic of blocking it which its easy to do as it tells you its coming.

Unholy knowledge passive reduced to 5% but now effects core abilities

Persistence passive is now reduced to 10% but is now from dodgerolling instead of block (sorcs don't block with wards so this change would be very logical)

Exploitation passive should be major not minor and should provide savagery and prophecy

Blood magic passive should be any direct damage and should be 1 second instead of 0.5 seconds

Rebate passive should be a 300 resource restore all the time regardless of the abilities cost

Deadric protection passive should be reduced to 10% but also gives magicka recovery and 1 to 2k armour to help emphasise "protection" and help stam sorcs with hybrid

Expert summoner passive should get buffed to 10% and if a pet is active also it increases to 15%

Energized passive now gives minor courage when casting any ability in combat to help with hybridisation

Amplitude passive every 5% current health they have (would be very nice to have this but this passive is decent the way it is currently)

Expert mage passive is reduced now to 1% but now reduces the cost of sheilds by 5% and if you cast a any sheild on an ally the sheild size is increased by 10%

ALL staffs should have the base damage increased by 200. Why does 2H get 200 more than staffs ? To counter the argument that its because its ranged. Here is the solution. Penetrating Magic (destructing staffs passive) now deals up to 10% penetration based on how close you are to a target. If you are in melee ranged you get the full 10% if you are far away you only get 1% ect.

All armour Skills (evasion, unstoppable ect)
    Should now work with just 1 peice of the right armour equipped.

These are some ideas from a Magicka Sorcerer who has been playing for over 5 years now. I have done everything on it. 1vXed 2vXd 3vXd countless times. In every single patch. In every terrible circumstance. I know ESO inside out and especially magicka sorcerer. The class is hanging on by a thread literally only due to streak spamming lol. The class deserves better than to be a running simulator.

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AdamLAD this is an absolutely masterful rundown of the ways that MagSorc could be brought up to par!
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I ever see is Mag Sorcs loitering on the periferal of fights and battles, trying to get attention in the hope of luring a couple of newbies away now and again. But as soon as anyone half decent approaches they run a mile !

Playing a chase sim must be boring as hell, but each to their own I suppose.

• Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »

It already does. It increases size by 6% per piece of light armor and increases cap.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »

It already does. It increases size by 6% per piece of light armor and increases cap.

It does not, it only increases the CAP. For example if I have 10k health. The ward would be 5k providing I had enough magicka. If I equipped 1 piece of light armour (6%) my sheild cap would be 10k+6%. So 6% of 10k health is 600. So the CAP is raised by 600 you still need the relevant amount of max magicka to benefit from the CAP raise. Another example is that if i had a 10k sheild and I put 1 piece of light armour on at an increase of 6% it will NOT DIRECTLY increase my ward. It will not mathematically equate to 10k+6% which is 600. So a 10600 ward.
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AdamLAD this is an absolutely masterful rundown of the ways that MagSorc could be brought up to par!

Sick of people saying buff this and nerf that. People say they want this and want that but provide absolutely no help to the combat team on HOW and WHY they want it. Give them some examples to work with. Non of them are Elite God tier PvP players who play it all the time. So they obviously need the community and its veterans to try and help them. PvP is extremely hard to balance. PvE is rather simple because you can physically alter the challenges directly. Like how many NPCs and Damage they do and the mechanics ect.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »

It does not, it only increases the CAP. For example if I have 10k health. The ward would be 5k providing I had enough magicka. If I equipped 1 piece of light armour (6%) my sheild cap would be 10k+6%. So 6% of 10k health is 600. So the CAP is raised by 600 you still need the relevant amount of max magicka to benefit from the CAP raise. Another example is that if i had a 10k sheild and I put 1 piece of light armour on at an increase of 6% it will NOT DIRECTLY increase my ward. It will not mathematically equate to 10k+6% which is 600. So a 10600 ward.

“Convert a portion of your Magicka into a protective ward, gaining a damage shield that absorbs xxxx damage for 6 seconds. Damage shield strength capped at 60% of your Maximum Health. Each piece of Light Armor worn increases the amount of damage absorbed by 6%”

It doesn’t say increases the cap by 6% it says increases the damage absorbed and like you said the cap is irrelevant anyway. So many people would not run dampen if the shield strength wasn’t higher than harness.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Or maybe if our class heal wasn’t tied to a double bar pet that does, DK heals up to full just fine.

This.

Sorc has to use a 1s cast time skill and dedicate 6 passives to sustain vs a class with infinite sustain from a single passive.

Mag sorc mechanics are out of date.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »

This.

Sorc has to use a 1s cast time skill and dedicate 6 passives to sustain vs a class with infinite sustain from a single passive.

Mag sorc mechanics are out of date.

I will say, the changes to overload resource return may make it a viable sustain and damage ult.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    All I ever see is Mag Sorcs loitering on the periferal of fights and battles, trying to get attention in the hope of luring a couple of newbies away now and again. But as soon as anyone half decent approaches they run a mile !

Playing a chase sim must be boring as hell, but each to their own I suppose.

you mean like all those close combatants who run around objects non-stop when things get tight?
  • lronclaw
    lronclaw
    ✭✭
    I think you mistyped magdk or magplar
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    1. Streak: either remove fatigue or increase range to a comparable value as other gap closers. The fatigue alone is just ridiculous to begin with. Don't see that crap on toppling eg.
    2. Ward: even building into max mag it is laughable compared to burst heals if you compare the cost. 4k max mag should result in 1k shield strength, no matter in which environment. The health cap just hinders to build for a glass cannon type and its duration should be increased to 10sec
    3. Frags: since Miats exists the travel time is simply too slow. Don't know how to adjust crystal morph to retain its power but clearly Cfrag needs some love. A stun like in the past would help if proc. If that's too much increase proc chance significantly or increase its proc damage portion to 100%
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah last time i played sorc in pvp was when hardened ward was 20 seconds and light armor shield was 26 seconds, but it only protected against magic. Oh and shields weren't halved.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fatigue should be on other gap closers tho
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • lronclaw
    lronclaw
    ✭✭
    Few ideas.

All armour Skills (evasion, unstoppable ect)
    Should now work with just 1 peice of the right armour equipped.

I agree except this one, I completely and incredibly disagree with this one. Otherwise I love this and would like to be able to play my sorc as an actual class again with these changes and actually being able to hit my abilities.