The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old StamDK comin back

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
sup. StamDK here. Been off for.... probably 1.5yr?

What's going on with DK on CP campaign lately? still bottom-ish of the rank?

Are we still spamming Dizzying and Leap ulti?

What's a good fully buffed wep-damage? Or Resistance? or health?

Any major changes with the 3 Champ Points trees?

We doing bleed or raw direct damage?

What's a good set? I'm still rocking Bloodspawn and Spriggan with Fortified Brass. DW + 1H/S. Still decent?

Any new Cyro rules?

anyway. sup guys.

update: Fortified Brass. that's what it is. oh look. my sig has my old builds lol. is Stuhn with NMA got nerfed? whats going on with Malacath ring? it can crit now????
Edited by Davadin on April 21, 2022 6:16AM
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even naked with a DK you can beat almost everyone, so just do as you please with your build and you will be alright unfortunately. DK's god tier.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Davadin, good to see your name on the forums again.

MagDK is considered S-tier, all abilities in the game aside from the 2 main damage shields, and power of the light/purifying light now scale with your highest offensive stats, so all classes can effectively utilize all skills regardless of whether you’re stam or mag, provided you have the sustain. StamDK plays very similarly to magDK now that everything is hybridized.

Most DKs will be using molten whip as their spammable.

All characters now receive a free 1000 wd/sd at base, so it’s easy to hit 6-7k weapon damage on DK, I don’t suggest going higher to avoid diminishing returns.

CP is completely reworked, you’ll need to study the new system; it looks complex but it’s not hard to figure out. You must now pick and choose 4 main CP stars to utilize from each tree, there are a myriad of less effective passive CP’s to invest into. The soft cap is around 1500, but you can be competitive with 800.

Your rotation as a DK is still primarily a DoT rotation, but with the addition of molten whip you’ll have a nice bit of extra direct damage burst.

There are a few good sets to run in the current meta depending on the situation, I suggest considering clever alchemist, rallying cry, plaguebreak, wretched vitality, or essence thief paired with the magma incarnate monster helm, markyn ring of majesty mythic, and 1x armor of the trainee. I personally use essence thief and wretched vitality with bistat (non recov) food. Without wretched vitality I recommend using orzorga’s smoked bear haunch or the lesser version jewels of misrule to cover the dual sustain you’ll need in the current hybrid meta.

New Cyro rules? Don’t go in with under 30k hp.

Sup dude. Have fun!

Edited by MentalxHammer on April 21, 2022 7:06AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're back to the years long status quo that DK means MagDK, like Sorc means MagSorc. MagDK is close to as strong as a class has ever been. The main thing which separates MagDK and a pure StamDK is how much mileage Mag gets out of the improved Combustion and World in Ruin passive. The two classes aren't even on the same planet in regards to these passives - they buff almost every single attack a MagDK has, but only buff Claw, Breath, and Corrosive for Stam. Balance among the Stam classes has never been better since Warden came out. This is a seldomly discussed subject on this forum because Mag reliably outperforms Stam for every class except Warden and NB. StamNB remains strong in its niche but StamSorc could probably use some targeted buffs.

But, that's all rather moot because you'll get the most out of your StamDK by hybridizing. Flames of Oblivion, Molten Whip, and Burning Talons are all incredibly strong and give us more access to the newly buffed Combustion and World in Ruin. I eat Bear Haunch and require no additional investment into Mag sustain. A huge advantage Flame has right now is that everybody is a Stage 3 Vamp since Undeath is too good to miss, between the extra baseline 1k Weapon Damage, the loss of HP Regen, the irrelevance of 7 Heavy offensive builds, the buffs to Serpent/Atro and Endurance/Intellect, etc.

Slot Coagulating Blood for sure, I think it's the strongest self-heal in the game right now. Molten Whip is very strong and fun to use but it dictates a certain bar arrangement to make the most out of it - i.e. Breath, Claw, Whip, and Cauterize/Flames on one bar.

Cauterize has Savagery now, which is very nice, but even if you want to slot Camo Hunter on the other bar and bothbar Savagery, you'll get more overall damage by wearing Malacath, for sure. They took Crit Chance away from Medium as you may recall, but, since we're in a Healing+Mitgation meta and Damage is easy to come by, most people will agree a 2 stack Markyn Ring of Majesty outperforms Malacath. You can easily run a 3 stack build on DK with it, it gives any other build a run for its money in my opinion.

Personally I'd drop Spriggan's for Witch Knight's Defiance, this set was made for sDK, but I tend to use Corrosive over Leap if I have the Ult. Fully buffed out of Combat / out of Cyro I'm somewhere around 7k Weapon Damage but I play a bit more squishy than what's optimal.

How does StamDK reclaim some of its lost identity? Easy - a big buff to Dizzy Swing. Twice the damage, twice the cast time, twice the cost. You say you prefer DW though, which is definitely the meta for group play right now, I'd strongly recommend you give Burning Talons a try with DW. I've messed with Inhale a bit, not bad, but Talons seems much better.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    sup. StamDK here. Been off for.... probably 1.5yr?

What's going on with DK on CP campaign lately??
    Welcome BACK...and you might enjoy this similar topic thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601732/stamdk-ascending-tide ( if you haven't seen it already )
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Davadin, good to see your name on the forums again.

MagDK is considered S-tier, all abilities in the game aside from the 2 main damage shields, and power of the light/purifying light now scale with your highest offensive stats, so all classes can effectively utilize all skills regardless of whether you’re stam or mag, provided you have the sustain. StamDK plays very similarly to magDK now that everything is hybridized.

Most DKs will be using molten whip as their spammable.

All characters now receive a free 1000 wd/sd at base, so it’s easy to hit 6-7k weapon damage on DK, I don’t suggest going higher to avoid diminishing returns.

CP is completely reworked, you’ll need to study the new system; it looks complex but it’s not hard to figure out. You must now pick and choose 4 main CP stars to utilize from each tree, there are a myriad of less effective passive CP’s to invest into. The soft cap is around 1500, but you can be competitive with 800.

Your rotation as a DK is still primarily a DoT rotation, but with the addition of molten whip you’ll have a nice bit of extra direct damage burst.

There are a few good sets to run in the current meta depending on the situation, I suggest considering clever alchemist, rallying cry, plaguebreak, wretched vitality, or essence thief paired with the magma incarnate monster helm, markyn ring of majesty mythic, and 1x armor of the trainee. I personally use essence thief and wretched vitality with bistat (non recov) food. Without wretched vitality I recommend using orzorga’s smoked bear haunch or the lesser version jewels of misrule to cover the dual sustain you’ll need in the current hybrid meta.

New Cyro rules? Don’t go in with under 30k hp.

Sup dude. Have fun!

molten whip? lol no more flying volcano rock?

wow, ok, lotsa homework before touching PvP. might have to practice rotation again. Hybrid is strong? Did the game flip over his head while I'm away? lol

I'm about 1200 CP so ill check out those as well.

sets = I have no idea what those new ones are and I'm not ESO+ right now, so don't have access to some I guess? any craftable/sellable I can ask a friend for?

eeeeeep. feels like it's a brand new class.
    We're back to the years long status quo that DK means MagDK, like Sorc means MagSorc. MagDK is close to as strong as a class has ever been. The main thing which separates MagDK and a pure StamDK is how much mileage Mag gets out of the improved Combustion and World in Ruin passive. The two classes aren't even on the same planet in regards to these passives - they buff almost every single attack a MagDK has, but only buff Claw, Breath, and Corrosive for Stam. Balance among the Stam classes has never been better since Warden came out. This is a seldomly discussed subject on this forum because Mag reliably outperforms Stam for every class except Warden and NB. StamNB remains strong in its niche but StamSorc could probably use some targeted buffs.

But, that's all rather moot because you'll get the most out of your StamDK by hybridizing. Flames of Oblivion, Molten Whip, and Burning Talons are all incredibly strong and give us more access to the newly buffed Combustion and World in Ruin. I eat Bear Haunch and require no additional investment into Mag sustain. A huge advantage Flame has right now is that everybody is a Stage 3 Vamp since Undeath is too good to miss, between the extra baseline 1k Weapon Damage, the loss of HP Regen, the irrelevance of 7 Heavy offensive builds, the buffs to Serpent/Atro and Endurance/Intellect, etc.

Slot Coagulating Blood for sure, I think it's the strongest self-heal in the game right now. Molten Whip is very strong and fun to use but it dictates a certain bar arrangement to make the most out of it - i.e. Breath, Claw, Whip, and Cauterize/Flames on one bar.

Cauterize has Savagery now, which is very nice, but even if you want to slot Camo Hunter on the other bar and bothbar Savagery, you'll get more overall damage by wearing Malacath, for sure. They took Crit Chance away from Medium as you may recall, but, since we're in a Healing+Mitgation meta and Damage is easy to come by, most people will agree a 2 stack Markyn Ring of Majesty outperforms Malacath. You can easily run a 3 stack build on DK with it, it gives any other build a run for its money in my opinion.

Personally I'd drop Spriggan's for Witch Knight's Defiance, this set was made for sDK, but I tend to use Corrosive over Leap if I have the Ult. Fully buffed out of Combat / out of Cyro I'm somewhere around 7k Weapon Damage but I play a bit more squishy than what's optimal.

How does StamDK reclaim some of its lost identity? Easy - a big buff to Dizzy Swing. Twice the damage, twice the cast time, twice the cost. You say you prefer DW though, which is definitely the meta for group play right now, I'd strongly recommend you give Burning Talons a try with DW. I've messed with Inhale a bit, not bad, but Talons seems much better.

ok, I'm familiar with molten whip and cauterize, and gotta read up on passives.
    no vamp for me tho. i just... don't like the look of it.... lol

what do u mean 7-Heavy offensive? forget about med armors? just go heavy? 5H bonus is better than 5-med?

i have no idea Markyn Ring of Majesty is. is that the new salvage/digging stuff like Malacath?
    witch knight defiance? what?

and yeah, about Dizzying... whats with the damage? i got no CP invested, sure, but tooltip is like... 10k? lol I thought it was way higher back then....

I like DW/2H but may go DW/1HS until I'm more comfortable/fully geared.

thanks!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok Hybrid bars are fun but holy *** my Mag regen rate at 500-ish can barely keep up at all!

What do u guys recommend for trait for each pieces? (is that what those are? the ones that gives Stam or Mag on an armor, or weapons? Glyph was it?)
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Charged with a fire glyph gets you 1k mag per light attack pretty much
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged with a fire glyph gets you 1k mag per light attack pretty much

I'm rusty.

come again?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combustion passive
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok got it.

but where do u put it? on the 1h with your 1HS?

on the 2H?

o both DW? is it only 1 needed for DW?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most stam dk set ups are
    2h bb with wd enchant
    Dw fb with nirn or sharp with poisoned + charged with flame

Or

Resto bb with wd enchant
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no vamp for me tho. i just... don't like the look of it.... lol

what do u mean 7-Heavy offensive? forget about med armors? just go heavy? 5H bonus is better than 5-med?

No - the opposite - maybe it happened while you were away, but the Armor passives were revised quite a bit and we no longer have to wear 5 of one weight. You can wear any combination of weight you want on any class, the passives aren't even limited to just Mag or Stam now. I like 3H, 4M the best on sDK, but 5M 2H and 4H 3M are ok too. If you're wearing a crafted set a light Belt isn't a horrible idea.

Before this change 7 Heavy was still popular on some Damage set ups - now it's really only viable on a True Tank, maybe some Healers. As a result of the Armor changes and Battlespirit applying a 50% reduction to HP Regen like it does Healing and Damage, pretty much everybody has switched to running Stage 3 Vamp for the Undeath passive. You might not like the look of it but I strongly recommend you try it, most players agree it's very much worth the penalties. I like Stage 4 for the sprint cost reduction + auto-stealth, but most people stay at Stage 3.
    i have no idea Markyn Ring of Majesty is. is that the new salvage/digging stuff like Malacath?
    witch knight defiance? what?

Yeah Markyn is a newer Mythic, the digging thing. The leads were an easy grind for me. Witch Knight's Defiance is a medium overland set from the Reach, one of the newer zones in Skyrim. It's practically tailor-made for sDK, especially with Malacath since unlike most Medium sets there's no line of Crit. You can buy it at traders, but you can also get a full set of it from some Reach quests, a few pieces are even in Well-Fitted which is a great trait right now. These are the quests which give you pieces from this set, there might be a few others too:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Shrine_of_the_Hunt-Father

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Lost_in_the_Reach
    and yeah, about Dizzying... whats with the damage? i got no CP invested, sure, but tooltip is like... 10k? lol I thought it was way higher back then....

I don't think it's been nerfed since 2019, but you'll notice Weapon Skills in general are outperformed by Class Skills in PvP, for the most part. That's mostly a good thing, but in my opinion some of the Weapon Skills could use a buff to reinforce some of the Warrior / Mage / Thief identity.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most stam dk set ups are
    2h bb with wd enchant

Or

Resto bb with wd enchant

remind me, please: for DW with poison and flame like that, can both status (poisoned and burning) be applied to a target?

and what type of wep is best? Axe? Swords?
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok Hybrid bars are fun but holy *** my Mag regen rate at 500-ish can barely keep up at all!

What do u guys recommend for trait for each pieces? (is that what those are? the ones that gives Stam or Mag on an armor, or weapons? Glyph was it?)

In addition to combustion passive it is recommended to run dual sustain HP food, orzorga’s smoked bear haunch or the purple version jewels of misrule. That will do wonders for your sustain. Alternatively you can consider the set wretched vitality, it’s incredibly stat dense.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most stam dk set ups are
    2h bb with wd enchant

Or

Resto bb with wd enchant

remind me, please: for DW with poison and flame like that, can both status (poisoned and burning) be applied to a target?

and what type of wep is best? Axe? Swords?

You can apply as many status debuffs as you like, as long as you have a way to apply them.
    1 sword 1 mace is often used
    Some use 2 maces
    If you have high uptime in corrosive some use 2 swords
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭

I definitely recommend a resto bb because of this. It's fantastic for getting the little extra mag return that you need, and it does wonders for survivability against classes who have better accessibility to healing, and there be a lot of healing out there nowadays. Also dual sustain food, as other have mentioned.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on April 23, 2022 3:57PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not fully optimized yet, but sustain wise I'm running dubious drink and just switched my mundus to atronoch. Tripots are obviously helpful, and any extra ulti gain you have is an indirect buff to sustain as well. Its not hard I'm sure there are multiple viable solutions. I'm not even abusing... I mean using... The charged/combustion mechanic and I'm still fine.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I'm not fully optimized yet, but sustain wise I'm running dubious drink and just switched my mundus to atronoch. Tripots are obviously helpful, and any extra ulti gain you have is an indirect buff to sustain as well. Its not hard I'm sure there are multiple viable solutions. I'm not even abusing... I mean using... The charged/combustion mechanic and I'm still fine.

is that the abuse? i DW Nirn+Poison and Charged+Flame and it feels.... ok? I can still run out of Mag if I spam without being careful....

so far this build have been pretty cool. i just need to get used to an effective rotation. still testing it against PvE.

Bloodspawn, Fortified Brass, Witch-Knights.
    DW + 2H
    0gcahkz45i7s.png
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

is that the abuse? i DW Nirn+Poison and Charged+Flame and it feels.... ok? I can still run out of Mag if I spam without being careful....

so far this build have been pretty cool. i just need to get used to an effective rotation. still testing it against PvE.

Bloodspawn, Fortified Brass, Witch-Knights.
    DW + 2H
    0gcahkz45i7s.png

alright. gave it a run on PC-NA Grey Host last night.

Notes:
    1. low health is ***.
    2. 2H backbar isn't "tanky enough"
    3. Need to get comfy pulling Corrosive Ulti.
    4. Shield leap is VERY nice from the regular leap. flame damage makes it meh, but shield is great.
    5. whip is neat, even when not "fully charged" its merely 2k mag, so low resource spammable (cheaper than green claw)
    6. which class keeps draining my mag/stam??? or maybe my regen just suck lol maybe ill eat better food. i was on the skull candy food thingie....
    7. when running into raid, AoE is better than single-target.

Next I'm crafting with-knight 1H mace and shield, slap that on backbar. Talons is great for the CC, Essense kinda sucky, Petrify/morph unavoidable is great. I forgot PvP is all about CC/CC-immunity. I should put Immobilize poison on my DW.

maybe even spin-to-win. there's no concern on distance coz I spent 90% of my time in middle of raid. (and dying. n getting rez. then die again.)
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I'm quite happy with DW+2H setup.
    Bloodspawn + Witch-Knight's + New Moon Acolyte's (pen + raw WD feels good)
    DW: Nox breath + claw + whip + Molten + cauterize +++ Corrosive Armor
    2H: Carve (Carve+Nox combo stacks) + vol. armor + reverse strike + forward momentum + vigor +++ flame leap

self-buff with food and molten gets me 6.3k+ WD with 2k pen, 26% crit. H/Mag/Stam = 15k/28k/28k