The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why no 42k crown pack?

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
During sales many players like to stock up on crowns and have to purchase the 21k crown pack over and over again. It would be very convenient to offer a 42k crown pack.

An extra discount would be nice as well.

The discount isn't the point of this thread. It's an incentive to step up to the next tier and spend more but that's a different topic.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 20, 2022 3:27PM
PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why offer an extra discount on 42k crowns when players will just buy the 21k crown pack over and over again?

I feel like you sort of answered your own question here.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why offer an extra discount on 42k crowns when players will just buy the 21k crown pack over and over again?

The convenience of not having to make so many purchases is what I want.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 20, 2022 3:21PM
    PC NA
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least they could let us buy multiple packs at once.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could say the same thing about the current discounts, which are better on the bigger crown packs (which are already cheaper per crown, even at full price). If that was a concern I assume ZOS would offer the same discount on all the packs.

If I remember correctly the 21k crown pack was added when housing was introduced, to enable players to buy a house without needing to buy multiple crown packs - because if you do too many identical transactions at once the bank may flag it as suspicious activity and block the payments (or block the entire card), so maybe ZOS don't feel it's necessary to add bigger ones. But maybe they could add the option to buy more than one at a time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I'm not crazy enough to spend $400 in a single purchase for crowns?
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because I'm not crazy enough to spend $400 in a single purchase for crowns?

Buy them on sale. 42k crowns would be $180 before tax.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 22, 2022 7:14PM
    PC NA