The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil FARRR too empty now to be called LARGE SCALE

deleted221205-002626
deleted221205-002626
✭✭✭✭✭
We are lacking sooooo many people in cyrodiil now from how it used to be.. HUGE map and only soo few people per faction it feels dead and I can barely stand being there anymore. ZOS needs todo something about this cuz Its just not fun anymore or LARGE SCALE pvp like it used to be!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats truely insane is these recipe's that drop from harvesting nodes there too! Like srsly? We have a pop cap for PVP and you drive people to harvest?
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent 30min there and nearly fell asleep twice and ended up leaving and logging out.. There is just TOO LITTLE going on anymore
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how NA is, but you need to follow the map and usually log in during your prime time, that's how you'll get the chance to be in large fights, which happen on a daily basis, multiple times a day.
    Edited by BlossomDead on April 19, 2022 12:58AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even funnier is that with so low population it still lags whenever 5+ people starts fighting in one place. I would really like for this to be joke but sadly it isn't. [snip] You can't have massive PvP if server can't even handle small group of people fighting. [snip] causes people to not want to participate in Cyrodill fights.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 20, 2022 12:44PM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how NA is, but you need to follow the map and usually log in during your prime time, that's how you'll get the chance to be in large fights, which happen on a daily basis, multiple times a day.
    I agree that this is the best time to find fights in NA but... it's also the absolute worst time to actually play!

It becomes mechanically nearly impossible to even function and It's when zonechat always becomes the worst and any sense of skill or even understandability completely goes out the window! It's not fun for casuals, hardcore, experienced, or green players at all. Forget using your skills. Sometimes even simple movement doesn't work. The best you can do is try to go anywhere OTHER than where the big fights are but even then they will adversely affect you. The worst part of this is that usually there aren't more than 1 or 2 big fights going on anyway. I haven't been around long enough to know but by the sounds of it there used to be many more instances of large fights in the past simply due to more numbers of players being present.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop caps of about 80/faction are simply WAY too low for Cyrodiil to function properly.

The continual reduction of the pop cap as well as zero performance improvements makes if feel like ZOS has plans to phase out cyrodiil all together, at least when it comes to being a PvP zone.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop caps of about 80/faction are simply WAY too low for Cyrodiil to function properly.

The continual reduction of the pop cap as well as zero performance improvements makes if feel like ZOS has plans to phase out cyrodiil all together, at least when it comes to being a PvP zone.

This is the problem.. i'm not wanting to follow the single group zerg.. there USED to be action all over the place all the time. Now its single tunnel vision zerging or everyone standing around transitus. This is not the PVP that I signed up for or was originally advertised. It's MUCH MUCH lesser than it used to be!!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on April 19, 2022 3:06PM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know we've asked this wayy in the past and I'd like to bring it up again. Please reconsider removing DTICK's in cyro and maybe increase kill/repair AP 20% to compensate. There's farr too many doing NOTHING related to the campaign or afk collecting AP when they did nothing to earn it and only adding to the POPLOCK problem there.

By removing DTICK and leaving offensive AP generation from kills/repair people standing around doing nothing would be much lesser than it is now and hopefully revive pvp there once again.

Imagine BG's with something like a DTICK.. 2/4 of your group would be afk at the gate collecting cuz like why not!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on April 19, 2022 4:09PM
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I know we've asked this wayy in the past and I'd like to bring it up again. Please reconsider removing DTICK's in cyro and maybe increase kill/repair AP 20% to compensate. There's farr too many doing NOTHING related to the campaign or afk collecting AP when they did nothing to earn it and only adding to the POPLOCK problem there.

By removing DTICK and leaving offensive AP generation from kills/repair people standing around doing nothing would be much lesser than it is now and hopefully revive pvp there once again.

Imagine BG's with something like a DTICK.. 2/4 of your group would be afk at the gate collecting cuz like why not!

IDK, that was a problem for a while when the pop cap was around 120, but now that it is in the 70-80 range, not so much. It is pretty much full faction vs full faction fights in my recent experience. If you are standing around not helping, you are going to lose the keep and get mowed down, because at least one of the entire other factions is attaching and you really need to defend.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd remove offensive ticks lol. Faction v Door (by all 3 factions) is one of the main reasons I don't bother with Cyro anymore. Defensive ticks should be given every minute scaled to your damage/healing contribution, regardless of whether the defense ultimately succeeds or fails. AP gain should be tuned up by around 50% for a target of at least 200k/hr without bonuses to make it remotely comparable to non-pvp gold grinds.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D-ticks follow the player now. You don't have to sit around in a keep and wait for them to happen anymore, for over a year now at least. I can't remember when they made the change.

The problem is the pop cap is just WAY too low now. It throws everything out of balance. The low pop bonus isn't calculated fairly now, just a handful of people working together across factions can control the whole map, map control is insanely volatile, especially in off peak times.....the pop cap is just WAY too low now for many aspects of cyrodiil to work/play properly.

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 20, 2022 12:45PM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D-ticks follow the player now. You don't have to sit around in a keep and wait for them to happen anymore, for over a year now at least. I can't remember when they made the change.

The problem is the pop cap is just WAY too low now. It throws everything out of balance. The low pop bonus isn't calculated fairly now, just a handful of people working together across factions can control the whole map, map control is insanely volatile, especially in off peak times.....the pop cap is just WAY too low now for many aspects of cyrodiil to work/play properly.

[snip]

This is true I've noticed this since I've been back but doesn't eliminate the problem of many people just standing around in keeps collecting that AP and not contributing anything at all. If your not killing, healing or repairing you should recieve 0 AP.

You are right though.. The current cap is farr too low for the vast amount of space and keeps and low pop bonus too easily manipulated.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 20, 2022 12:46PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's just a huge list of problems driving players away in my opinion. End of campaign rewards could be way better, the constant lag (even during small scale fights), random disconnects & blue screens, the stuck in combat bug, skills and bar swapping not working and the list just goes on and on and on....
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please let this be true, we need this map to go. Please redesign PVP. The combat is very appealing the 30 day long campaign are so boring, keep after keep fight. With a good portion of creativity and have performance also a key objective in a redesign of PVP and it will give all the long term loyal players finally something they deserve.

To start the ideas, fusion of BG and Cyro and a 1 day or 12 hour objective and think about multiple reasons for players to obtain buffs but remove the hammer obtain buffs by using skills and achieve something in the short single day objective and lose the buff right after the day is done.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

Please let this be true, we need this map to go. Please redesign PVP. The combat is very appealing the 30 day long campaign are so boring, keep after keep fight. With a good portion of creativity and have performance also a key objective in a redesign of PVP and it will give all the long term loyal players finally something they deserve.

To start the ideas, fusion of BG and Cyro and a 1 day or 12 hour objective and think about multiple reasons for players to obtain buffs but remove the hammer obtain buffs by using skills and achieve something in the short single day objective and lose the buff right after the day is done.

There is nothing wrong with Cyrodiil design. The only problem is performance and how ZOS has opted to not do the things necessary to keep their game working properly. Instead of investing in more server capacity they reduce the population caps from 500/faction all the way down to 80/faction to reduce server load. And even this radical of a reduction over the years has not been sufficient because they've also squeezed in so many new zones and expansions onto the same server capacity. So they keep adding more content without adding more server to support it. This is the problem.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with Cyrodiil design. The only problem is performance and how ZOS has opted to not do the things necessary to keep their game working properly. Instead of investing in more server capacity they reduce the population caps from 500/faction all the way down to 80/faction to reduce server load. And even this radical of a reduction over the years has not been sufficient because they've also squeezed in so many new zones and expansions onto the same server capacity. So they keep adding more content without adding more server to support it. This is the problem.

Cyrodiil is boring if you ask me. The objectives are pointless. Get a keep then lose a keep get a keep lose a keep oh and the result and rewards will be finished in 30 days and the night capping alliance wins it all and the one who never logs off gets rewarded with a big buff. Sorry its so lazy bad gameplay its only still being played because the combat itself is epic which is hardly working....
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil is boring if you ask me. The objectives are pointless. Get a keep then lose a keep get a keep lose a keep oh and the result and rewards will be finished in 30 days and the night capping alliance wins it all and the one who never logs off gets rewarded with a big buff. Sorry its so lazy bad gameplay its only still being played because the combat itself is epic which is hardly working....

Sadly you're not wrong. Right now on PS4/NA/GH it's EP absolutely dominating because they never seem to logout and I wish I was being dramatic here but when you have 3 full bars and a queue at 5am and then manage to keep that population up all day/night, it's hard to compete. I enjoy Cyrodiil for the social aspect and the exciting fights when lag isn't a issue. I enjoy the people I play with and our PvP guild but that's really it
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel the exact same way about PvE content as you do about Cyrodiil. But you don't see me asking that the entire PvE portion of the game be remade to suit my desires.

But even in PvE end game HM trials and progression the servers can't handle the load. It all comes back to ZOS never upping their investment in servers while at the same time continually adding more and more content and mathematically complex proc sets.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on April 20, 2022 6:09PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel the exact same way about PvE content as you do about Cyrodiil. But you don't see me asking that the entire PvE portion of the game be remade to suit my desires.

But even in PvE end game HM trials and progression the servers can't handle the load. It all comes back to ZOS never upping their investment in servers while at the same time continually adding more and more content and mathematically complex proc sets.

I play zero PVE only PVP and you find me mostly in BG's because its an instance which work much better its short and intense and there is a clear objective and score within a short time frame which gives a end result. Even if they keep Cyro as it is, they can remove keeps to ensure the map is much more lively, create bottle necks where more 3 alliance fights happen, change the participation rewards as emp into something more meaning and skillful, and even if the 30 day campaign is kept you seem to desire adding daily objectives and events which create good meaningful fights it can be done, just keeping it the same since release is bonkers its a losing strategy.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

I play zero PVE only PVP and you find me mostly in BG's because its an instance which work much better its short and intense and there is a clear objective and score within a short time frame which gives a end result. Even if they keep Cyro as it is, they can remove keeps to ensure the map is much more lively, create bottle necks where more 3 alliance fights happen, change the participation rewards as emp into something more meaning and skillful, and even if the 30 day campaign is kept you seem to desire adding daily objectives and events which create good meaningful fights it can be done, just keeping it the same since release is bonkers its a losing strategy.

Agree with you 100%. They don't seem to implement any new changes to the map itself or even re-working things like end of campaign rewards. I would love to see a shakeup of the map take place, maybe add destruction to resource towers again...Just something to give it a breath of fresh air
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »

Agree with you 100%. They don't seem to implement any new changes to the map itself or even re-working things like end of campaign rewards. I would love to see a shakeup of the map take place, maybe add destruction to resource towers again...Just something to give it a breath of fresh air

The servers can't handle 8 people running around without causing lag nowadays, imagine what would happen if they put destructible towers and such back in. The whole reason they removed them and the deer (ROFLMAO) was for performance!

I am still wondering why wolves don't cause lag and deer did? Couldn't they have just had the wolves eat a few deer when it got laggy?