The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for High Isle Main Quest [SPOILERS]

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the High Isle Main Quest. In order to limit spoilers for those that don’t wish to see them, please post your feedback or bug reports here. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 18, 2022 7:49PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    The main quest Knights and Knaves is blocked after returning to Lady Arabelle with the mage scry. The conversation with Lady Arabelle loops and it's impossible to enter the chapel she mentioned and find the other guild member. I have also posted a bug report in game.

P.S. This is my main character ported from PCNA
    Edited by Karminathevamp on April 21, 2022 2:40AM
    Master Angler
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dialogue late in the main story for Knight Commander Jourvel appears to think that my character completed the Isobel quest when I hadn't.

It might be beneficial to add more characters at various parts of the story even if they just have a few lines and are just in the background to muddy the waters a bit more regarding the identity of the Magus and the Lord.

My character had identified the Magus quite early in the story and because of the limited number of characters I think they know the Lord as well.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Escape from Amenos seems to be stuck. I get to the very end where you're supposed to defend the prince, except nothing happens. I jump down as intended (and then can't leave because all the doors are locked) but the two remaining NPCs aren't intractable and the prince has no dialogue. No enemies ever appear either.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main quest Knights and Knaves is blocked after returning to Lady Arabelle with the mage scry. The conversation with Lady Arabelle loops and it's impossible to enter the chapel she mentioned and find the other guild member. I have also posted a bug report in game.

Same
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

Same

Update: I started the main quest again with a new brand char (before I've used one already on NA). This time the quest went smooth, at least till the interrogation of the dock master, where I left for the moment.
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue. I even abandoned the quest and tried again. Still loops
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4th MQ bugged out for me when I went to find King Emeric and the next Objective was to talk to Queen Ayrenn. For some reason, the quest marker pointed back to where I left her and she wasn't there. She didn't move over to me at first, but restarting the quest, she did arrive to Emeric's last location.

The 6th quest worked fine, but during the final fight, it seemed to me from the dialogue, that Emeric was supposed to be alongside me in the battle, but he didn't appear there. Ayrenn and Prince Irnskar were present on the wall near the ballista though.

One thing I liked about that quest, is the unique music on the All Flags Islet instance, as it seemed to be a first for ESO to have an ambient track loop transition to it's own special Combat and Boss looping tracks, which makes me hope for more unique tracks for storyline bosses in the future.

Unique music track for those that want to give it a listen:
    Edited by Maitsukas on April 23, 2022 10:11AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had this on the first ported over character, but second one worked, as did the next. It may be a first time only problem. That character remains stuck.

A couple of later failures to advance were resolved by reloading, but this one was not.
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in zone chat mentioned that the prolouge quest may be screwing up progress. I did the prolouge amd am stuck. My roommate did not do the quest, and finished the main. How about you guys
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some positive feedback, I thought it was really cool when you first find High King Emeric and he mentions that Count Ravenwatch is a good friend. I like continuity like this, especially with regards to a beloved NPC.

It was fun fighting along side all three Alliance Leaders and seeing them in action again. This was a good direction to go in with the game by bringing them back into focus. Some parts didn't make sense like King Emeric wanting to walk alone in a jungle filled with dangerous criminals, but I suppose the thinking is it would have slowed the quest down to have him follow as a companion through quests points on Amenos. I would have preferred him following me as it would have made sense that an important King needs protection, and that would have made sense for Ayrenn's part also. Everything else was fine though, and all three were in perfect character otherwise. I look forward to seeing how those peace talks will resolve in the part 2 DLC for the story arc.

Jakarn dancing on the table - priceless :)

I'm a fan of Za'ji and Caska and was glad they came back for a few stages of the quests.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RiverBrian wrote: »
    Someone in zone chat mentioned that the prolouge quest may be screwing up progress. I did the prolouge amd am stuck. My roommate did not do the quest, and finished the main. How about you guys

That fits my case. Stuck character did prologue, others did not.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here. My main had done prologue could not advance. Made new char finished everything by the time she was 25.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Escape from Amenos" is the most frustrating quest so far.
    I have been stuck at several quest steps now, most times relogging did not help and I had to completely restart the quest. I am currently at my FIFTH attempt on that quest and I am not sure whether I can stand another one...

Steps I got stuck on:

a) "Follow Caska" - she doesn't move from the third spot. Sometimes relogging helps, sometimes not, had to abandon and restart the quest twice at this spot.
    b) "Talk to Queen Ayrenn" - the second time you need to interact with queen Ayrenn, she simply isn't where the quest marker is, she doesn't spawn. Relogging or porting away and back did not help. had to abandon and restart.
    c) "Defend Prince Irnskar" - I jumped down, nothing happens. the NPCs are just afk. The doors are closed too, so only way to leave is to port away. Porting away and running back doesn't help, relogging doesn't help either. Guess I have to abandon again...

Edit: Sixth attempt, Queen Ayrenn nowhere to be found again. .... I give up.
    Edited by Svenja on April 27, 2022 10:57AM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also having trouble with Caska in "Escape from Amenos". When I interact with the camp fire, she doesn't respond, but the quest mark moves to the next site. When I interact with that, nothing happens, but she will go there if I leave the area.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the druids should have their own motif and color schemes. its hard to tell apart the stonelore and the eldertide circles.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be beneficial to add more characters at various parts of the story even if they just have a few lines and are just in the background to muddy the waters a bit more regarding the identity of the Magus and the Lord.

I’m going to second this. As-is he’s really obvious. Plus when you talk to him initially at the party his demeanor screams ‘bad guy!’
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    stuck at defeat the serpents kill all but gate wont open as says kill all.