The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapons expert CP does not effect imbue weapon? possible bug

DDiggler
DDiggler
✭✭✭
Imbue weapon: "Infuse your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 2090 Physical Damage."

So the sentence implies that it IS your light attack that deals 2090 damage more than its base value and weapons expert should buff your light attack damage by 15%. When you test it, the additional damage does not get empowered by the CP.

I believe this is a bug because without it i can not think of a single reason why would anyone use that CP slottable since it will only provide a 2-3% damage buff in pve.

I am asking for a fix so it can increase your overall dps in a 7-8% range like most other blue slottables do when you use it with imbue weapon morphs.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be technical, while it does add more damage to your next light attack, what it does fail to tell you is that said bonus damage is actually dealt as a seperate entity and thus, it is intended that the weapon expert CP does not affect the bonus damage coming “from an ability.”

A similar thing could be said for the sorcerers “crystal weapon” morph.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • DDiggler
    DDiggler
    ✭✭✭
    To be technical, while it does add more damage to your next light attack, what it does fail to tell you is that said bonus damage is actually dealt as a seperate entity and thus, it is intended that the weapon expert CP does not affect the bonus damage coming “from an ability.”

A similar thing could be said for the sorcerers “crystal weapon” morph.

I am not sure it is intended because like i said the CP slottable is useless as it is otherwise.